• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live - pilgrim blogs

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Not everybody walks the last 100km.

This guy states that, "... the Saint would smooth it over when I showed at the Pilgrim office with Arzua as the last stamp in my "Credencial" and make the lady give me a Compostela to give my grandaughter anyway. So I caught the bus into Santiago, got the Compostela, visited the Cathedral and got back on the train to Leon and then up to Santander."

http://martinthek.livejournal.com/7593.html

Sil, I read that - hilarious! We can only assume that he didn't mention to the Pilgrims' Office he got the bus for the last etapa!

I was actually in the Pigrims' Office recently when they refused a Compostela to two people because they thought it would have been impossible to walk the distances evidenced in their Pilgrim Passports!

John

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Johnnie, It IS interesting how closely the pilgrim´s office examined my credential this time, making sure I had stamps from places all along and no suspicious gaps. The guy gave ME a good looking-over too, perhaps because I´d showered and cleaned up a bit before I went to the office. Maybe I did not look sufficiently scruffy to have spent the morning slogging into Santiago in the rain.

But I did get my compostela.
So did an almost-elderly couple I met on the train back to Sahagun. They were dressed in Middle-Class splendor, carrying designer luggage... never has it been more obvious to me that these folks did NOT walk, bike, or ride a horse those last 100 km. But they had the same certificate I did, and very proudly showed them to me. They were Portuguese, so our languages were not sufficient for me to conduct a KGB-style grilling session. I told myself it´s not my job to judge.( At least while I´m not wearing my hospitalera hat!)

But one wonders.
Reb

This guy has finally found simplicity. http://jeremyinspain.livejournal.com/6778.html

I love his opening sentence:
Today I felt the simplicity of the camino for the first time. It has seeped into my daily routine, and at times I have marvelled at what little I need to be safe and content.

And, the essence of the camino:
Surprisingly, I´ve done very well being alone this long. I made some friends as a group early on, but ultimately I needed to leave them. They were not a good fit. Before each stop I wonder if I will eat alone, but even when (or if) I do, it´s a lovely experience because I drop all the normal anxiety or pretension as I have just enough energy to attend to the basics -- arrive at the hostel, shower, find food, eat, prepare for the next day, and then sleep. Everything else is irrelevant, and anything extra is gravy.

Wonderful!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back