• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Live- Pilgrims On Spanish Tv - But It Is Streamed

Giselleontour

The Alps in Germany. All around the world.
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances- September-Ocober 2016
Camino Frances: May-June 2017
Camino Portugues - May 2019
Hola,
since some days the spanish TV is sending the walk of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago. It starts in the morning 9 a.m. European time and ends at 6 p.m. European time.
Every single step can be seen. Right now they are in Itero de la Verga.
http://www.destinosantiagotvg.gal/

I hope you enjoy watching them as I do.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Spent the last few minutes admiring the blue skies in the background (it's a very grey day here in the West of Ireland). Then I looked down..he's not wearing any shoes. What a man.

They speak Galician. So I think the programme is for future Galician pilgrims.
It is funny but not definetely a good example.No shoes, no hat, carriyng a grotesque stick....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola,
since some days the spanish TV is sending the walk of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago. It starts in the morning 9 a.m. European time and ends at 6 p.m. European time.
Every single step can be seen. Right now they are in Itero de la Verga.
http://www.destinosantiagotvg.gal/

I hope you enjoy watching them as I do.
They speak Galician. So I think the programme is for future Galician pilgrims.
It is funny but not definetely a good example.No shoes, no hat, carriyng a grotesque stick....

It brings good memory back. Then man changes during the walk. Sometimes he walk with and sometimes he walk without shoes. I am not sure about the hat. The woman never walks without shoes and most times she uses the buff in different ways.

Oh this is Galician language. I didn`t know that but it is hard for me to understand anything of them. But by the way my spanish is just to order the most important things like meal and a bed.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It brings good memory back. Then man changes during the walk. Sometimes he walk with and sometimes he walk without shoes. I am not sure about the hat. The woman never walks without shoes and most times she uses the buff in different ways.

Oh this is Galician language. I didn`t know that but it is hard for me to understand anything of them. But by the way my spanish is just to order the most important things like meal and a bed.

Yes it is Galician language, but they use Galician with quite a few Castilian words, that is the common language used on the street. The normative has not Castilian words and it would be still more difficult for you to understand.
It is strange because on Tv programmes they always use Galician normative.

Thank you for this explanation. I remember that I understood most if the spanish people spoke slowly with me. But when we entered Galicia I had the feeling to be in another foreign country. It was a bit strange for me.
Till yesterday they walked with jackets all day long. It seems to be much warmer now - on the way to Carrion de los Condes.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Now he is wearing a sun hat. She not.

Thank you for this explanation. I remember that I understood most if the spanish people spoke slowly with me. But when we entered Galicia I had the feeling to be in another foreign country. It was a bit strange for me.
Till yesterday they walked with jackets all day long. It seems to be much warmer now - on the way to Carrion de los Condes.

Galician and Castilian are latin languages and have many words in common for example mesa, gato, pelo, barco, etc are the same in both languages but on the programme they also used pueblo (gal. pobo) or pañuelo (gal. pano) That use of unneccesary Castilian words obviously increases the possibiliy to understand Galician language for someone with a good Spanish command, but because in the rural the locals usually speak about things related to their activities in the fields (cows, timber, etc) the result is that even Spaniards from other regions don't understand almost anything either.

That use of unneccesary Castilian words obviously increases the possibility to understand Galician language for someone with a good Spanish command

This exactly! Here in the southwest of the US, it's very common to hear "Spanglish" (Spanish mixed with English in the same sentence) when (mostly Latin American) people are speaking informally amongst themselves and it's the same in Galicia. That mix of Spanish and Galician language is called "Castrapo".

Wikipedia explains it nicely this way: For example, the phrase Close the window would be Pecha a ventana (Castrapo). In other languages, it would be Pecha a xanela (Galician); Cierra la ventana (Spanish); Fecha a janela (Portuguese).

I have been seeing a lot about Destino Santiago on social media these past couple of weeks, but just today watched the stream for a little bit. That is a really big stick! And the barefoot thing just astounds me.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
And the barefoot thing just astounds me.

My mother-in-law walked the Camino Frances in 1985 as part of an international group led by a man who had walked all the way from Paris to Santiago barefoot the previous year. Took him 111 days. He wasn't eccentric enough to suggest that everyone with him should do the same though.

Wikipedia explains it nicely this way: For example said:
Close the window[/I] would be Pecha a ventana (Castrapo). In other languages, it would be Pecha a xanela (Galician); Cierra la ventana (Spanish); Fecha a janela (Portuguese).
I appreciate your interest for the Galician language.
Castrapo is when a Galician tries to speak Castilian and introduces Galician expressions. So the Castilian is very bad.
In my opinion Galician language with Castilian words is not Castrapo, and it is the common language used on the streets.
For me "Pecha a ventana" is not Castrapo. Castrapo would be "Zarra la ventana" ( Sp "Cierra la ventana").

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back