• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Live updates February 2016

nalod

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
On the Camino at moment. Started Seville 2 Feb. Will if I can post basic updates. Seville hostel Banda beside Cathedral 18 e with sheets towel breakfast lively place clean and friendlly no reply from hotel Triana.
Guillena private Albergue Liz closed for renovations Municipal Albergue fine good kitchen.
Castiblanco mun Albergue closed till end Feb staying in excellent Cass salvadora single private room 14 double 24. Fridge microwave but no plates or cutlery very friendly.May post some more as I go.Lovel sunrise this morning photo from my phone posted in photo section have a look.Regards Dermot

Update now back in Ireland here is photographic record of my journey. http://www.dermotdolan.blogspot.ie/2016/03/via-de-la-plata-february-1-to-february.html

This compact list of Albergues 2016 for the VDLP and Sanabrés is excellent

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hY81wQpPQATTE2YjQ0ZFlZM2c/view

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Dermot

Very useful thread, keep them coming. It's on my to do list but not until 2017, but I've already started compiling all the information.

Buen Camino

On the Camino at moment. Started Seville 2 Feb. Will if I can post basic updates. Seville hostel Banda beside Cathedral 18 e with sheets towel breakfast lively place clean and friendlly no reply from hotel Triana.
Guillena private Albergue Liz closed for renovations Municipal Albergue fine good kitchen.
Castiblanco mun Albergue closed till end Feb staying in excellent Cass salvadora single private room 14 double 24. Fridge microwave but no plates or cutlery very friendly.May post some more as I go.Lovel sunrise this morning photo from my phone posted in photo section have a look.Regards Dermot
Buen Camino Dermot! Thanks for the tips, and keep them coming. We hope to be following in your footsteps in a few weeks!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just arrived in Almaden de la Plata private Albergue open but will stay in Municipal. In fact two private Albergue open one on the way in guy very pushy and the other private one looks good la casa del Raloj.
Municipal Albergue 10 euro is nice.

Last edited:
Today 5 February El Real de la Jarà private Albergue Alojamiento del Pelegrino 10 euro with kitchen. Excellent place another pilgrim left the municipal whic he did not like and came here. Tomorrow will be Monesterio and I will opt for the Albergue parroauial whic I have stayed in before and is excellent.

To eat in Monesterio restraunteLos Templarios is superb. Menue 10

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Fuente de cantos staying in Albergue via de la plata 12 with breakfast excellent. STayed in El Zagun before ity is also good but owner meets you at town entrance and is too pushy.

Thank you for the updates. Could I ask you to comment on the AVE construction/Camino re-routing issues when you get further north?

Careful leaving Fuente de Cantos do not follow the block arc marking I went 5 km wrong following them got lift back to Fuente and started again just follow yellow arriws only. I done this rout twice before.
Now in Zafra and staying in the excellent Amigos hostel 12 wit breakfast.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Villagranca de los Barros staying in the excellent Albergue las Caballeras on the way into town 13 with breakfast. No problem on route and no problems with crossing streams since Seville.

More updates. STayed last night in Municipal Albergue in Torremejia 12 plus 2 for breakfast menue 8 ok but there is alternative advertsed on Camino into town worth checking out.
Passed through Merida now in Aljucen in New excellent Albergue Rio on way into town I found it more comfortable than the old one. 10 plus 2. Info on this lovely new Albergue it has 16 beds www.alberguerioaljucen.com +34695171383

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates, I'm pleased it's all working for you.
Are you logging your daily KM's? It would be interesting to know your daily slog.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Waka I keep a daily dairy but in old fashioned way. Today I walked 35km in pouring rain and wind and still enjoyed it. Now in Aldea del Cano Albergue fine washing machine electric heaters kitchen 6 euro.

Not sure how I missed this thread till now. Buen camino, Dermpt! Sounds like rain is pouring down all over the Iberian Peninsula today. I know what you mean about enjoying a 35 km walk in the rain -- I'd give a lot to be there.

I'm assuming we will be blessed with the nalod photo gallery when you are back home warm and dry. Your photos are always astonishingly evocative. Buen camino, Laurie

Not sure how I missed this thread till now. Buen camino, Dermpt! Sounds like rain is pouring down all over the Iberian Peninsula today. I know what you mean about enjoying a 35 km walk in the rain -- I'd give a lot to be there.

I'm assuming we will be blessed with the nalod photo gallery when you are back home warm and dry. Your photos are always astonishingly evocative. Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you Laurie will now go to Astorga and fly home early March.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Waka I keep a daily dairy but in old fashioned way. Today I walked 35km in pouring rain and wind and still enjoyed it. Now in Aldea del Cano Albergue fine washing machine electric heaters kitchen 6 euro.

You seem to have the same walking weather we do at the moment. I've never worried about walking in the rain, somehow it feels refreshing, mind you I only had 4 days out of 42 on the CF. Not sure how I'd react if it was day in day out.

Keep up the posts.

Normally I would not post photos in this section but to give a feel of a "live Camino " I will break the rule. All photos taken with just my phone real stuff Will be uploaded when I get home. Regards Dermot 20160213_173452.jpg 20160213_085944.jpg 20160212_092819.jpg 20160203_081308.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Dermot,

Just as I was about to post my own updates I discovered your thread. But will post them anyway ;-) Looking forward to read more of yours as you are ahead of me! Buen Camino, SY
Good luck with your trip hope some of Albergue info will be useful. The new Albergue in Aljucen is great compared to the old one.

Dermot, we are wondering about the status of the nice albergue on the lake at Embalse de Alcantara, some sources say it is closed. Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just arrived in Almaden de la Plata private Albergue open but will stay in Municipal. In fact two private Albergue open one on the way in guy very pushy and the other private one looks good la casa del Raloj.
Municipal Albergue 10 euro is nice.

Indeed, that guy at the entrance of town is pushy and nasty, to be avoided, albergue is tiny and cramped.

Hi Dermot,

Just as I was about to post my own updates I discovered your thread. But will post them anyway ;-) Looking forward to read more of yours as you are ahead of me! Buen Camino, SY
great to have these recent updates. hope you post yours too
i'm setting out at easter from seville
Jen

Dermot, we are wondering about the status of the nice albergue on the lake at Embalse de Alcantara, some sources say it is closed. Thanks.
I stayed there before it is lovely but is closed.

Normally I would not post photos in this section but to give a feel of a "live Camino " I will break the rule. All photos taken with just my phone real stuff Will be uploaded when I get home. Regards Dermot [/ATTACH]

Thanks for those photos. The sunrises and sunsets on the VDLP have been some of the most stunning I have ever seen!

Now in Caceres de Caceres Min Albergue good. Stayed in Caceres last night in Tourist Alberue Las Veletas near Plaza Mayor 15 +3 ok.
I asked in the bar in Casar de Caceres about Embalse de Alcantra and told no accom next place is Canaveral. I known the tourist Albergue is definitely closed but led to believe guest house also closed will check this out and post soon.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
20160215_135255.jpg Now in Hostal Canaveral lovely place spotless. http://www.xn--hostelcaaveral-xnb.com/en/ 15 plus 3 dinner 8. The wind today was fierce and relentless. Notes said 32 km much more like 36.Bypassed the Alcantra guest house so don't know the story there. Any of the diversions for road rail works are well marked so no problems.

Last edited:
I am taking my first rest day today. I am going to bus it around 40 km to Carcabossa. Then tomorrow do a long day through the CParra and on to Aldeanueva del Camino.
My aim is to at least make Astorga or maybe Ponferada by March 1 fly home from Madrid March 2.
By getting to Carcabossa today means I might get to Ponferada also by taking bus today I am avoiding the messy areas with right of way problems. So bus Canaveral to Planencia and on to Carcabossa.

RIGHT OF WAY UPDATE GRIMALDO TO GALISTEO. Just spoke to Hostel owner in Canaveral. He has told me that as of last December the old way is open again. Because of my almost non ecistant Spanish would someone else confirm this. If I had to know this yesterday I would have walked it and given update but now waiting for a bus to Plasencia. I won't post this in a separate section until we have confirmation. Dermot

Edit.

I now see a post here from last November saying dispute was resolved. Pitt a missed it.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
LATEST RE ENBLASE DE ALCANTRA. A friend whom I walked with for ten days and is behind me has checked and all is closed in ENBLASE this confirms what I was told on Sunday.

20160217_122203.jpg 20160217_110028.jpg Aldeanueva del Camino crazy 42 km today from Carcabossa but truly an amazing day. Tranquil walk beautiful sky no wind a pure manic Camino day. Staying in the lovely newish Albergue La Casade no Angela. 13 plus 2.
No real problems on route but twice after Caparra had to take off my boots and roll up my trousers and use my crocs for stream crossing.
These are just updates so I won't cover any other details of route which are explained well in other notes. I took the advice in the other wise excellent Camino guide.net notes of going straight and following road for very last section I would not advise it as the margin is narrow and even though not much traffic it goes fast. I took the official scenic route before and would prefere it. Now for dinner.

Update That dinner in Casa Sebas was a major disappointment maybe the luck of the draw but not good. The main course of chicken was the driest I have ever eaten coated in an oily gravy.
The Albergue is lovely but the lock to main door is difficult one of those locks get the hispotaliro to show you the knack otherwise like me you will have to ring her up to get back in. Not good on a cold night after a bad meal but the rest of the was perfect. It's a Camino. Regards Dermot

Last edited:
LATEST RE ENBLASE DE ALCANTRA. A friend whom I walked with for ten days and is behind me has checked and all is closed in ENBLASE this confirms what I was told on Sunday.

Thanks, nalod. That's strange, do you think your friend means that both the albergue turístico and the private hostal are closed? I was under the impression that the Alcántara Pesca Evasión hostal was open. http://www.alcantarapescaevasion.com/ But maybe they close seasonally.

He tried the one you have mentioned and said it was closed as a result he and a friend were getting a taxi today.
Thanks, nalod. That's strange, do you think your friend means that both the albergue turístico and the private hostal are closed? I was under the impression that the Alcántara Pesca Evasión hostal was open. http://www.alcantarapescaevasion.com/ But maybe they close seasonally.
tr

I am taking my first rest day today. I am going to bus it around 40 km to Carcabossa..

it is a pity you missed that walk, it is beautiful dehesa landscape (to me, the most beautiful of dehesas is precisely before reaching Grijalbo), the problem with the rights of way is now history, and Galisteo is somewhere special, an unbelievable place.

Do not you have the feeling that taking a bus breaks all the "charm" of the camino? That happens to me, at least (maybe it is only a personal thing with me)

Buen camino, compañero!

I just wrote to the Hostal to see about April. Nothing has been posted on their facebook page since last april - but that could just mean they stopped using facebook.
There is nothing on the webpage about why they might be closed now.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
it is a pity you missed that walk, it is beautiful dehesa landscape (to me, the most beautiful of dehesas is precisely before reaching Grijalbo), the problem with the rights of way is now history, and Galisteo is somewhere special, an unbelievable place.

Do not you have the feeling that taking a bus breaks all the "charm" of the camino? That happens to me, at least (maybe it is only a personal thing with me)

Buen camino, compañero!
Thank you I have actually done that section twice before it is lovely.

Calzada de Bejar. I stayed in this Albergue before and I enjoy the couple who run it. Alba y Sprays. 10 plus 3 dinner 9. Lovely stove. Alone again as was last two days. Today 20 km after yesterday 42. I found from Banos to Calzada today tough felt more than 11km. Now to relax and stay tomorrow in the place run by the legendary Don Blas.

I just wrote to the Hostal to see about April. Nothing has been posted on their facebook page since last april - but that could just mean they stopped using facebook.
There is nothing on the webpage about why they might be closed now.
They have posted on Facebook in January and February this year. You have to scroll down since there's a long pinned post at the top. They don't say anything to help us figure out if/when they'll open. I'll be interested if you hear back from them as I expect to be walking by in a few weeks.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
They have posted on Facebook in January and February this year. You have to scroll down since there's a long pinned post at the top. They don't say anything to help us figure out if/when they'll open. I'll be interested if you hear back from them as I expect to be walking by in a few weeks.
From my two pieces of information I would take it that they are closed at the moment.
Hugo if you are reading this can you message me on Facebook to letme know your information on this I know you checked a few days ago.

I have written an email to an address I have used before when I was trying to get Damien a reservation. They responded and told me to write back closer to the time of his walk, but I will let anyone know if I hear from them. Buen caminio, Laurie

Hi all,

I just got an email back. I wrote and just said: Are you open in April. I didn't ask for dates.

They wrote back and just said: "Hello. We are full." At least, with my pretty basic Spanish, I think that's what that means. :)

This was the whole message:

"Hola, Completamos, Un saludo...."

Still, I might try to write to them when I am somewhere en route.

Mary Louise

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
20160219_123156.jpg 20160219_093011.jpg 20160219_115213.jpg Fuenterroble de la Salvatierra staying in the religious hostel donnivita excellent.
Today's route and stream crossing. From Calzada to Valverde de V two stream crossing one I had to take of boots and wade through the other I was just about able to use stepping stones. Minus five last night so everything freezing cold.

Valdelacasa to Fuenterroble. After a few kms of walking on a little road you come to little junction with markings that say two opposite things. You will see a large quarry to your left. There is a grass track ahead of you with the yellow triangle and more yellow arrows to the left. I went on the triangle rote but had to turn back because of bad flossing. So basically take the left it is a little road probably used by lorries for the Quarry. They join up later. See photo.
First image frozen muck second stream crossing third image directions.

Later you will come a across a muddy section it was frozen so was ok.

Don't you love auto correct bad flossing should of course read bad flodding. Must take care of my teeth tomorrow morning and I won't have to turn back.

Last edited:
... I was under the impression that the Alcántara Pesca Evasión hostal was open. http://www.alcantarapescaevasion.com/ But maybe they close seasonally.

It is certainly closed at the moment, I contacted them via their website to get an idea how to manage that stage and they responded promptly saying they are closed. For how long I do not know, but they do respond quickly if you use the contact form on their website. My plan, for the moment, is to stay in Casar de Caceres and walk the next day as far as I can and then, before leaving the national road again make a decision if I can walk on or not. If not, I will try to catch a bus/
hitchhike the last stretch to Cañaveral (where the next albergue is). Will keep you posted how it goes. Buen Camino! SY

Update for Albergues in San Pedro de Rozados told by Hispotaliro in Funteroble that both are closed and Casa Rural - hotel is 25 euro. Now tomorrow to the tiny Albergue in Morille stayed there before very basic bar beside for keys and food.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Now in Mum Albergue Salamanca donavito very friendly. Last night Morille Albergue 6 fine.

Update on that long Caparra day from Carcabossa. Hugo has just given me this Hostal Austorias will collect you at Caparra single room 16 wash and dry 2.5 approx menue 9. Not bad if you don't want the 42 km.

Update on that long Caparra day from Carcabossa. Hugo has just given me this Hostal Austorias will collect you at Caparra single room 16 wash and dry 2.5 approx menue 9. Not bad if you don't want the 42 km.
Thank you for all these updates, I shall be starting in Cadiz on 13/03 and appreciate your 2016 trailblazing with all the updates from over the winter Bon Camino Hugh

Thank you for all these updates, I shall be starting in Cadiz on 13/03 and appreciate your 2016 trailblazing with all the updates from over the winter Bon Camino Hugh
Pm me when I get back to Ireland and I will give any help I can

Now in Zamora nice Municipal Albergue donavito.
Last night in El Cubo de Tierra del Vino Albergue F y M 12 plus 3 excellent and wine and tapped on arrival.
Some advice Re the hike Salamanca to Zamora. The hike from Salamanca to El Cubo is tedious unpleasant very much beside busy noise motorway. If you want to bus a stretch this is th
e one. I think the many buses from Salamanca to Zamora stop here .

I also think the distances given in most guide's are wrong. The fides say 34 km it is nearer 38. This is what the locals tell me.
The hike from El Cubo to Zamora is more interesting especially the first part. Distance 33 not
29. At half way the bar in Villanueava is closed.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Montamarta short day 17 km new Municipal Albergue closed. Staying in El Too Bartolo 20 Inc breakfast private room shared bath. Now heavy rain .

The flight back was booked weeks ago Madrid March 2. This means an Astorga finish next Monday rest Tuesday travel home to Ireland Wednesday. Oh I would love to go to Santiago will look at alternatives.

UPDATE
In relation to El Too Bartolo there are alternatives in the town worth exploring. I probally would not stay there again.

Last edited:
20160225_081043.jpg
Moon over reservoir and Old Church at Montamarta this morning.

Now in Albergue las Eras in Barcial del Barco. Nice place only person there. 20 euro for dinner bed and breakfast winter rates summer rates 18. Very friendly.

I done a 40 km today because I need Bank machine tomorrow. There appears to be none between Zamora and Benavente so be warned.
First part of route tomorrow looks messy will report in due course.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
20160226_092431.jpg The map you will get in the bar borox in Barcial will outline the route to Benavente well. The only problem for some will be the crossing of this disused railway bridge not for the faint hearted. When I got to Benavente I ignored the arrows and went straight to City center there after gettwcash and coffee asked and was able to pick up route again.

Now in Alija del Infantado. Albergue 1 km before town 6 euro basic.
There is now a strong possibility I will go all the way to Santiago.

Now in ASTORGA stayed last night in the really nice Albergue in La Baneza
Now going to continue to Santiago on the Frances. I have to get some notes or guide tomorrow had not planned to do it.
I have found it very difficult to do posts from my mobile phone and the problems of auto correct also I tend to do pretty long days. Also photigraphy is the major thing with me and it soaks up a lot of energy. I may do a summary when I get back to Ireland. If you are doing this route soon and you think I can help PM me.

That is the end of this thread for me. May do a few posts on the Frances section.
Bye Regards Dermot

Last edited:
Thanks Dermot for all the information and photographs. A great resource for those of us who are considering this route.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for the very interesting posts. Unfortunately I won't be doing the VDLP until late next year, but your posts have been very informative and helpful.

Thanks Dermot - I am leaving in a month. Your notes are really helpful. Buen camino!
Mary Louise

Conclusions.

Now back home in Sligo, Ireland. Was away for almost six weeks, 37 days of continuous walking. A few days in Santiago.
Some of the Albergues that were listed as been listed as all year round were closed and a few were been renovated. The quality of the private Albergues is really excellent mostly with sheets, they in fact remind me very much of the Gite de Etapes in France, they often cost 12 euro and 15 with breakfast. The municipal Albergues are generally 10 euro compared with 6 on the Frances and Del Norte. At the time I walked I was mostly alone but there was nearly always heating and blankets.
The menu del Dia usually 7 to 10 euro, including wine and although they varied in quality were almost always adequate. Sometimes you had to wait till 8pm for the menu to start. The most people I meet on the Via de la Plata in a day were three.

The section from Salamanca to El Cubo de Vino is too near a main motorway is long and uninspiring, if you want to jump a section and use a bus this is the place to do it.

I had walked via Ourense before so this time time I decided to walk to Astorga. Those last five days are not the most beautiful but there is no point in always repeating things. There is no point in repeating things. There is one rather scary old railway bridge to cross on that section (see photo) in this thread.

On arriving in Astorga the number per day went up to approx 30. Company for the last 10 days was usually nice. I walked through snow for two days which I completely enjoyed and I always wanted to photograph Camino snow.

What was the most difficult part of this 37 day Camino? it was stopping, I just wanted to keep walking.

Little observations! The amount of time people spent on the internet to me seemed crazy, whether they were on Facebook or other social media, I don't know, but instead of talking to one another face to face, they would lay in bed on mobile devices.

Now to start the very long slow process of going through all my photographs and updating my blog and website. I will have two special sections on my blog in due course, one for the Frances and one for the Ruta de la Plata.

Don't forgot I already have a lot of Camino stuff on my blog www.dermotdolan.blogspot.ie and my website www.caminogallery.com in order to keep my website going I will have to generate some income and recoup set up costs.

I will now post a little teaser, the first photograph from my camera. It was a sunrise on day two of thirty seven at Guillena, what a way to start a long journey.

DSC_6973 (1280x857).jpg

Feel free to share my links on whatever social media you use, this indeed would be helpful to me. www.dermotdolan.blogspot.ie www.caminogallery.com

Kind Regards Dermot (Nalod)

Last edited:
Thank you for the updates, it sounds like you had a great Camino.

Mo bhuíochas, Dermot. I'm a transplanted Corkman (NYC), starting from Seville on April 8. Your posts have been a great help. Beir bua, Noel

Mo bhuíochas, Dermot. I'm a transplanted Corkman (NYC), starting from Seville on April 8. Your posts have been a great help. Beir bua, Noel
Go raibh maith agat. Go n-éirí an bóthair leat.

Bookmark the thread Annie. Just tap that term at the bottom of the first post of the thread you wish to remember.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have been searching for this thread all morning! Is there a way to tag a thread so you can find it again????
If you you could have remember my forum name and searched,if you need any info or any other help pm me. Regard Dermot (nalod)

I checked with them yesterday for June and again was told "Completo!"
I wonder if they just don't like having pilgrims :cool:

Hi Laurie - its a pity that the "new" albergue touristico here is closed. I stayed there back in 2013 and whilst its concrete block style lacked the atmosphere of some of the older places it was clean, staff more than helpful. There was a limited range of meals, but good wine and beer and use of the washing machine (I think it was E3 or 5). They had WIFI/Internet and the manager arranged for her boyfriend to drive me to the train station in Canaveral when my foot/leg injury prevented further walking. I think there was a post (maybe yours) about the other place being seasonal and more interested in fishing people than pilgrims). Also agree about Dermot photos - really, really good. Cheers

I checked with them yesterday for June and again was told "Completo!"
I wonder if they just don't like having pilgrims :cool:
Blimey, it's not as though they don't have room - 2 beds to a room, and when I was there last June it was me, my walking buddy and maybe one other person.

I found this link on the website belonging to Abergue Las Caballeras, of Villafranca de los Barros. It appears to be an excellent resource. Maybe I inventing the wheel and you already know about it. It is in Spanish but that really is not a problem as it address, prices facilities etc. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hY81wQpPQATTE2YjQ0ZFlZM2c/view

Hope someone finds it useful
Regards Dermot (Nalod)

Hello all I have just finished editing my photographs. I have yet to update my website this will take a further week but I now have two new photographic blog sections this is a direct link to the Via de la Plata one. http://dermotdolan.blogspot.ie/2016/03/via-de-la-plata-february-1-to-february.html

I really hope you enjoy and please feel free to share the blog.

Regards Dermot (Nalod)

Marvellous camerawork, Nalod. I start my VdlP at the end of the month, and if my photos are half as good as yours, then I'll be well pleased.

Marvellous camerawork, Nalod. I start my VdlP at the end of the month, and if my photos are half as good as yours, then I'll be well pleased.
Thank you very much for your kind remarks and very best wishes for your Camino. The link I provided at he end of my updates looks a useful list of Albergues. I just discovered that today. Regards Dermot - Nalod

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back