• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Local Groups

Kanga

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Yesterday I attended a most enjoyable meeting with the Pilgrims in Sydney group. I've also been to a couple of the Blue Mountains meetings. All great fun. Many thanks to all of you who put in so much time and effort to organise these meetings.

Can I encourage members to find their local group and get to know some of us who share your passion? Apart from personal enjoyment it might be a great relief to your family and friends.

Please feel free to use this area of the forum to post information about meetings and get-togethers.

And if I, as a Moderator, can do anything to assist or provide information to Australians (well anyone, but especially Australians), you can always send me a PM ("Start a Conversation").

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yesterday I attended a most enjoyable meeting with the Pilgrims in Sydney group. I've also been to a couple of the Blue Mountains meetings. All great fun. Many thanks to all of you who put in so much time and effort to organise these meetings.

Can I encourage members to find their local group and get to know some of us who share your passion? Apart from personal enjoyment it might be a great relief to your family and friends.

Please feel free to use this area of the forum to post information about meetings and get-togethers.

And if I, as a Moderator, can do anything to assist or provide information to Australians (well anyone, but especially Australians), you can always send me a PM ("Start a Conversation").

HI Kanga. I'm keen to meet with any groups in the inner /west Sydney. I'm preparing to walk the Camino at the end of April 2017 starting from SJDP 30th Ap. Would like to meet others who have walked the 500 miles.

HI Kanga. I'm keen to meet with any groups in the inner /west Sydney. I'm preparing to walk the Camino at the end of April 2017 starting from SJDP 30th Ap. Would like to meet others who have walked the 500 miles.
Hi Lonie, The Pilgrims in Sydney group meets once a month at the City of Sydney RSL, 565 George Street, Sydney. We alternate Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons and the next meeting will be at 6:00pm on Wednesday 4 January, 2017.

Dates for other meetings in 2017 and a location map can be found on our website http://www.pilgrimsinsydney.org/meetings.html

As Kanga said, the meetings are fun and are a great way to share your passion. They also provide a great opportunity to collect information and advice.

Hope you can make it along to a meeting before you head off on pilgrimage.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi @Lonie Foote - sorry I've been away from the forum. Yes, as Julie (one of the wonderful co-ordinators) says, try to get along to one of the meet-ups at the RSL in George Street. There you may well find others who will be heading off about the same time as you.

Hi Kanga. Susan Morris here from Perth. I run and Administer, along with Larry Philips, (he is also from Sydney and on the forum here), The "Australian Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago, and Western Australians on the Camino Face Book Groups - We here in Western Australia hold regular Camino Get Togethers up in King's Park on the last Sunday of every month (apart from this year, because of Christmas Day being on the same day). We regularly promote the Camino Forum through all the groups and also promote the Various Groups monthly meetings during the months. We welcome any new Australian Members and our aim is to promote and share the Camino and it is our passion to help in any way we can, any new members. We also have our own Australian Pilgrims on the Camino Patch if any members on the forum may be interested in purchasing. Cheers...Susanawee.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
One day, Susan, I may succeed in synchronising an infrequent visit to Perth and actually show up!
It's a long road. An entire VdlP in 10 hours.:eek:
And we will welcome you. If you do get to make it over to Perth - you are welcome to join in and have coffee with any of us....just send me a message. :)

We might be physically far apart, but we share much. Next Perth meeting, @susanawee, have a cuppa for me. Or better still, a cafe con leche.

Hi Kanga,
Yes I too attended the Saturday meeting. Have been to several now. And heard then of the AusCamino Festival, being held in the Blue Mountains this coming February, being hosted by the Blue Mountains Group. So have registered for this event. See www.auscamino.com.au for anyone interested. I'm planning on hiking the Ingles from Ferrol, starting in May 2017.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Kanga. Susan Morris here from Perth. I run and Administer, along with Larry Philips, (he is also from Sydney and on the forum here), The "Australian Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago, and Western Australians on the Camino Face Book Groups - We here in Western Australia hold regular Camino Get Togethers up in King's Park on the last Sunday of every month (apart from this year, because of Christmas Day being on the same day). We regularly promote the Camino Forum through all the groups and also promote the Various Groups monthly meetings during the months. We welcome any new Australian Members and our aim is to promote and share the Camino and it is our passion to help in any way we can, any new members. We also have our own Australian Pilgrims on the Camino Patch if any members on the forum may be interested in purchasing. Cheers...Susanawee.
Hi Susanawee,
I'm in Fremantle and will be starting my first Camino around 27 April 2017. Am keen to attend the next Perth meeting. When and where will this be?

We must be a ' Godless' ',Caminoless', mob down in Victoria . No groups it appears , at least none that I can discover .

Hola Lonie - if the blasted SNCF (French Railway) web page gets its act together I will be in St Jean on Saturday 29 April and setting off for Santiago on the Monday (May 1st). Please come along to our January or February meeting we will make you more than welcome. Cheers.:)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We might be physically far apart, but we share much. Next Perth meeting, @susanawee, have a cuppa for me. Or better still, a cafe con leche.
Hola @Kanga / @susanaweel :
Given the temperatures in Perth in Jan & Feb that drink might be a chilled Margaret River Chardonnay or a cold Swan Larger. However I am disappointed that you let Christmas get in the way of a Camino meeting (!!?? ha ha). Cheers

We must be a ' Godless' ',Caminoless', mob down in Victoria . No groups it appears , at least none that I can discover .
Charles - I don't think so. There was a post a couple of months back (a pilgrim was looking for some Melbourne pilgrims he met on the Camino) and I think there was mention of a facebook page. If I can find I will post a link. Cheers

Charles - I don't think so. There was a post a couple of months back (a pilgrim was looking for some Melbourne pilgrims he met on the Camino) and I think there was mention of a facebook page. If I can find I will post a link. Cheers

Charles here is one of the Melbourne groups link:
Go to www.meetup.com/Camino-Community/
This is the site for the camino group in Melbourne. Click on members for the member list or contact Joanne Cashman at this site. Joanne is also a member of this forum (go to search panelat top of this page). Joanne is also on facebook and easy to find as her posts are all about the camino. Joanne is easily your best contact. Good luck

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks ST. Mike :)

Hi Susan. I look forward to meeting you in the year - thank you!!
My first Camino (Frances) is not until 2018 but I am extremely excited about it and planning already! LOL I would love the opportunity to meet fellow Western Australians who have already walked the Camino, or are planning to.

And thanks to Kanga for starting this thread - it never occurred to me that there might be a local group who meet up.

Thanks
Jo

I am off to Spain on the 16th of Feb.... :(

As The Dude would say 'thats a bummer.'

Have a ball everyone!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Susan, just submitted my request for the WA fb group, Geraldtonites walking from Leon 4 th May 2017, so excited and driving my hubby nuts :)

Hi Susan. I look forward to meeting you in the year - thank you!!
My first Camino (Frances) is not until 2018 but I am extremely excited about it and planning already! LOL I would love the opportunity to meet fellow Western Australians who have already walked the Camino, or are planning to.

And thanks to Kanga for starting this thread - it never occurred to me that there might be a local group who meet up.

Thanks
Jo
Hi Jo....nice to meet you on this forum. You are more than welcome to come and meet up with us at the end of each month. We have some in the group who have been years in their planning as well as veteran Camino Walkers who are always more than willing to impart their knowledge and answer any questions you will have. Looking forward to meeting you. You can also send me a Private message if you would like and we could organise a get-together as some other times as well. Susanawee.

Hi Susan, just submitted my request for the WA fb group, Geraldtonites walking from Leon 4 th May 2017, so excited and driving my hubby nuts :)
Hi Karen...lovely to meet you on this forum and lovely to have you join in our West Australian FB group. Excited for your coming trip and, keen to help out with any questions you may have. Susanawee.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Jo....nice to meet you on this forum. You are more than welcome to come and meet up with us at the end of each month. We have some in the group who have been years in their planning as well as veteran Camino Walkers who are always more than willing to impart their knowledge and answer any questions you will have. Looking forward to meeting you. You can also send me a Private message if you would like and we could organise a get-together as some other times as well. Susanawee.
Thanks Susan. I have joined the group on Facebook and will definitely join you for the monthly get togethers when I can. I am also looking forward to meeting Claude in April.
Really appreciate the warm welcome. Warmest regards, Jo

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back