• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Local walking trails near the Mozárabe in the province of Córdoba

islandwalker

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés and routes in Andalucia
El Día de Córdoba recently published an article that may be of interest to people planning to walk the Camino Mozárabe.

Vídeo-presentación de Paisajes con Historia

The provincial government has signposted 41 local trails in the province and prepared folios with history, geography and maps to accompany them. All are way-marked and have informational panels along the route. Seven of these trails are in villages directly on the Camino Mozárabe.
There is additional information on each of the 41 trails including links to photos, descriptions, supporting websites, the route shown on Google Maps, and gpx tracks on the following page:

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@islandwalker, you have opened very many rabbit holes for me in the past, good to see you are keeping up the good work! Have you picked a few to add on to your Mozárabe?

I watched the introductory video and see that this was a well-organized governmental effort to bring some life back to the rural area. I would think that, five years later and in a pandemic, the routes would be something many locals would seize on as a way to get out while staying home. Hoping that all those lovely explanatory panels have not been vandalized!

Nice find. Of the ones that you listed, the first (Dona Mencia) is some distance away from the Camino Mozarabe route, which goes from Alcaudete to Baena on the other side of the N432. on the Malaga branch.

The second (Cabra) is also on the Malaga branch, just before it merges with the route from Almeria.

I think the ones around Villanueva del Duque would be nice if you feel like having a more restful day after the long stage from Villaharta to Alcaracejos. You could walk the short distance from Alcaracejos to Villanueva del Duque and explore the trails around there, then stay at the albergue in Villanueva.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hoping that all those lovely explanatory panels have not been vandalized!
My sentiments exactly. They look so pristine in the video, and then I imagined myself in front of one of those panels trying to read a scratched out portion.
Nice find. Of the ones that you listed, the first (Dona Mencia) is some distance away from the Camino Mozarabe route, which goes from Alcaudete to Baena on the other side of the N432.
My map shows the Malaga branch going directly through Dona Mencia between Cabra and Baena. Am I mistaken?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@islandwalker, many thanks for the information and resources. Watching the video brought back warm memories of walking on the Camino Mozarabe. Looking forward getting back to the routes.
View attachment 93626 View attachment 93627
Beautiful pictures. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE walking through olive groves for as many kms as a camino wants to throw at me. Some of my favorites were on the Mozárabe. @kulkija, do you remember where you took the first picture?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It looks a lot like the stage from Alcaudete to Baena. For some reason I can't post my photo at the moment, of olives as far as the eye can see, and farther.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back