• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Lockdown in Lleida affecting various caminos

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
From a friend in Oviedo. You can see the different albergues that are closed in this notice.
(The Norte closures have already been noted on another thread).

View attachment 78494

Hi, I don't want to put people off but as I care, my advice to would be peregrino is for this year at least, keep clear of it because there is a danger to end up that you some ware on the way and in different region will have to stop for quarantine as the corona 19 has not ended and is flaring up in different spots of Spain. It would be a peaty after you have spent money and time to get there to in the end have to go back home, not having time to quarantine. To be clear this is only my opinion, please do as you like!
Ultreia,
Ernesto

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, I don't want to put people off but as I care, my advice to would be peregrino is for this year at least, keep clear of it because there is a danger to end up that you some ware on the way and in different region will have to stop for quarantine as the corona 19 has not ended and is flaring up in different spots of Spain. It would be a peaty after you have spent money and time to get there to in the end have to go back home, not having time to quarantine. To be clear this is only my opinion, please do as you like!
Ultreia,
Ernesto
Ernesto, it sounds like good advise to me for the time being and hopefully things will become safer soon. So many are eager and waiting to get back out...🎶"on the road again"!

My re-starting point to continue my current Camino is, well, Lleida, and whilst some lockdown stuff is IMO exaggerated, this opinion is irrelevant not only to the local policies there ; but it's also greatly mitigated by the fact that Lleida has been probably the worst hit place on the whole peninsula.

There is anyway an increased chance that I will from corona-necessity be unable to continue this Camino before 2021.

Do we have any updates on the lockdown in Ribadeo?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Here you go. Video at top of page from Ribadeo.

It seems that this flare-up between the areas of Lleida, Huesca, and Zaragoza involves some fruit-pickers who had come in to work the season from Morocco, and living in close quarters (as such workers often do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back