Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

COVID Lockdowns and Reopenings.

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
I have read narratives of pandemics, some fiction, some historical. It just struck me how people in a location which they understand is high risk have generally chosen to leave, often becoming a moving vector of infection, as they travel to areas thought to be safer. I am moving, mentally, into a nightmare world where I am unsure how someone can be safer in a pandemic without risking anyone else's precarious safety.
I am zero at handling probabilities and I don't know any answers. I know, however, that the general advice is: Don't move, stay in place, reduce contacts to a minimum. And since not enough people did this voluntarily, there had to be perimeter lockdowns for towns, regions, and even whole countries to force everybody to stay inside and prevent anyone from entering.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
The realities in each individual Albergue over here really are not that black & white, as each region and each separate municipality has its own rules.

And this is even more the case in this 2021, when the number of pilgrims per dormitory or even per Albergue can be as low as 0 or 1.

Windows open is a helpful tactic, but so is common sense ; and such absolute hard rules as you propose would put some already suffering Albergues straight out of business, and would make an already difficult situation on the ground even worse for the more casual pilgrims less able to make use of the great outdoors refugio under the stars (or perhaps the rain).

The most important thing to avoid is indoors close promiscuity as that is how most infections have occurred, well that and artificially recycled air indoors. Not air conditioning itself, but mechanical ventilation systems. Including just an ordinary electric fan.

In most Albergues the distancing and other rules are completely inapplicable, but then OTOH, there are those like the Municipal in Azofra where they are basically hardwired into its existing architecture.

Besides -- the early 1990s numbers of pilgrims this year are hardly stuffed together like sardines in their tin !!
close promiscuity!!!!!

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Well, yes. But there are fewer opportunities for close contact with others in the countryside as opposed to a biggish city like Leon, and a lower general infection rate as well. Fewer contacts and lower positivity rate equals less likelihood of getting and spreading the virus. So I'd choose to bypass Leon right now too.

I'm just talking, though, without the data to prove it. So please take that as an opinion, @Albertagirl, rather than established fact.
Each of us has to come up with their own-camino plan. However, (not necessarily on this website) pilgrims may avoid certain cities, but then stay in common room albergues , where people they will share a room with not the greatest of ventilation, are likely coming from the very cities these other pilgrims are trying to avoid…for whatever reason.

Honestly, if I could not afford a private room, I too, even with weary bones, would also sleep under the stars or on a open air porch, or camp… before sleeping in an common room albergue….vaccinated or not. As September approaches, if we can still get in (?) trying to stay in a cheap albergue may be a very costly decision with this Delta variant.

Last edited:

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
Each of us has to come up with their own-camino plan. However, (not necessarily on this website) pilgrims may avoid certain cities, but then stay in common room albergues , where people they will share a room with not the greatest of ventilation, are likely coming from the very cities these other pilgrims are trying to avoid…for whatever reason.

Honestly, if I could not afford a private room, I too, even with weary bones, would also sleep under the stars or on a open air porch, or camp… before sleeping in an common room albergue….vaccinated or not. As September approaches, if we can still get in (?) trying to stay in a cheap albergue may be a very costly decision with this Delta variant.
I agree with you. I have looked through most of the possible accommodation on the Levante and the VdlP/Sanabres from Zamora to Santiago. There are a few locations on the Sanabres where the only accommodation available is in albergue dormitories. However, by the time that I am there, in late October and November, I am hoping that the albergues will still be open, but with only me in them. This has happened in the past, as some albergues have not yet closed at the end of season. Most of the time, I am planning on staying in private accommodation, and there are a few albergues with an option for booking a single room. I am hoping not to have to sleep out, as I have decided not to carry camping gear beyond the sleeping bag needed in an albergue.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
From Monday, fully vaccinated travellers will be able to enter England from the US and EU with no quarantine requirement, with the exception of France. A negative test prior to departure plus a second negative PCR two days after arrival will still be required.

Last edited:
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
From the start of August, a covid Green Pass will be needed to enter bars and restaurants etc in Italy, similar to the French scheme -- with the difference that it will not be required on long-distance trains and buses.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
Whilst the extent to which the French vaxx passport will be applied remains an unknown, given the degree of resistance to it, Italy has just extended its own scheme to indoor dining and long-distance travel.

The French one seeks to impose the requirements on outdoor terraces of bars and restaurants too.

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
I don't know where to put this and how important it actually is in the end but here is the latest concerning the French pass sanitaire if you are vaccinated and: you don't have French nationality; you don't live in France; you don't have an EU Digital Covid certificate.

There are two apps:
  • TousAntiCovid app which you have on your mobile phone and were you store your vaccination certificate if issued by France or issued by an EU+ country. Their certificates comply with the required digital norms.
  • TousAntiCovid Verif app that anyone can have on their mobile phone and that is used to check whether a digital certificate that conforms to the norm is authentic and not a fake.
    The idea of the whole system is that you do not only show your vaccination certificate to someone but that the person can verify that your certificate is authentic and not a fake.
With this introduction, here's the current situation (8 August) for foreign visitors in France:
  • EU DCC: No problems. TousAntiCovid and TousAntiCovid Verif work fine.

• NHS England and Wales: TousAntiCovid works for certificates issued by the NHS. TousAntiCovid Verif - they are still working on interoperability.

• Scotland, Northern Ireland, and similar: Contact la cellule dédiée Passe sanitaire du ministère pour obtenir un document. Not sure what it means. Probably contact the Health Service where you live.

• USA, Canada, all other non-EU+ countries
    • You have a French passport: You can write to a dedicated email address of the French government; there are different email addresses depending on your country of residence. You provide a copy of your passport, proof of residence and proof of vaccination and ask them to convert your vaccination information into something compatible with the French health pass system. Start the process as early as you can, it may take time.
    • You do not have a French passport: You will have to wait and see until a system for interoperability and verification is put in place by the French administration. They are working on it.
Sources: French government websites, French government Twitter feeds.

My gut feeling: Having a proper pass sanitaire as proof of your vaccination will save you hassle. NHS proof, CDC proof etc. are accepted for the time being. It remains to be seen how important it will be in the end for foreign visitors in France to have a genuine pass sanitaire. By September, but that is really just a gut feeling, the EU Commission may have set up a system of recognition of vaccination proofs issued by the UK, the USA and other non-EU countries that is valid for the whole EU+.

Last edited:

Cleigh

Past OR future Camino
I don't know where to put this and how important it actually is in the end but here is the latest concerning the French pass sanitaire if you are vaccinated and: you don't have French nationality; you don't live in France; you don't have an EU Digital Covid certificate.

There are two apps:
  • TousAntiCovid app which you have on your mobile phone and were you store your vaccination certificate if issued by France or issued by an EU+ country. Their certificates comply with the required digital norms.
  • TousAntiCovid Verif app that anyone can have on their mobile phone and that is used to check whether a digital certificate that conforms to the norm is authentic and not a fake.
    The idea of the whole system is that you do not only show your vaccination certificate to someone but that the person can verify that your certificate is authentic and not a fake.
With this introduction, here's the current situation (8 August) for foreign visitors in France:
  • EU DCC: No problems. TousAntiCovid and TousAntiCovid Verif work fine.

• NHS England and Wales: TousAntiCovid works for certificates issued by the NHS. TousAntiCovid Verif - they are still working on interoperability.

• Scotland, Northern Ireland, and similar: Contact la cellule dédiée Passe sanitaire du ministère pour obtenir un document. Not sure what it means. Probably contact the Health Service where you live.

• USA, Canada, all other non-EU+ countries
    • You have a French passport: You can write to a dedicated email address of the French government; there are different email addresses depending on your country of residence. You provide a copy of your passport, proof of residence and proof of vaccination and ask them to convert your vaccination information into something compatible with the French health pass system. Start the process as early as you can, it may take time.
    • You do not have a French passport: You will have to wait and see until a system for interoperability and verification is put in place by the French administration. They are working on it.
Sources: French government websites, French government Twitter feeds.

My gut feeling: Having a proper pass sanitaire as proof of your vaccination will save you hassle. NHS proof, CDC proof etc. are accepted for the time being. It remains to be seen how important it will be in the end for foreign visitors in France to have a genuine pass sanitaire. By September, but that is really just a gut feeling, the EU Commission may have set up a system of recognition of vaccination proofs issued by the UK, the USA and other non-EU countries that is valid for the whole EU+.
Thank you! Your updates are invaluable!

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
There is a thread on Reddit about the conversation of American CDC cards to a French health pass in Paris where people from Paris post. There've been reports that people managed to have this conversion done at certain pharmacies in Paris, then later at the Hotel de Ville (city hall), then later at the hospital Hotel Dieu near Notre Dame. This morning (9 August) the reports form Paris in the Reddit thread are unison: none of these places do a conversion.

A forum member who is currently in Le Puy also posted that there is currently no way to integrate the data from CDC cards into the French system when the holder of the card is not a French national or does not live in France, see https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-code-update-for-americans-from-le-puy.71051/

There is no reason to panic. CDC cards are widely accepted as proof for access, although there have been occasional rejections by a museum here and there in France. It seems that there will be a transition period of two weeks or so which will bring us to the last week of August. And it remains to be seen to which extent restaurants in particular will fully comply with the new rules in France.

As the situation is so confusing and nothing of practical use can be found on gouv.fr websites, here's another link that I think describes the current situation fairly accurately: https://www.euronews.com/2021/08/05...inated-outside-the-eu-get-a-covid-health-pass

Last edited:

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
As an aside, what is odd about the French system is the fact that their health pass app has been designed to show two different displays, one for "Activity" such as visiting a restaurant, going to a museum or taking a long-distance train, and another one for "Border" that you switch to when you cross the national borders of France. You need to switch between the two displays. The long thin line in the "border" display hides the unique EU DCC identifier code which is missing in their Activity display.

Pass sanitaire.jpg

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
There is now a procedure to apply for a French health pass / pass sanitaire when you have been vaccinated in the USA, in Canada or in other countries outside of the EU. You will find all the necessary information here:
Applying for a COVID certificate if you were vaccinated abroad (procedure for non-EU tourists)

There is an application form to Convert a Foreign Vaccination Certificate into a French Covid Certificate that you need to fill in, a number of electronic copies of documents that you need to provide and you need to send it all to one of the following email addresses, depending on where you live:
e-mail subject lines must be set out as follows:​
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE / SURNAME First name / Date of arrival in France in the format DD-MM-YY​
The website says that applications received through other means will not be processed.

The website says that you should send your application as soon as you know your travel dates if you are arriving in France in summer 2021. They say that they will be doing their utmost to process applications as quickly as possible.
Good luck!

Corned Beef

Past OR future Camino
Here is a route if you have a UK (NHS) certificate to convert into a EU Digital Covid Certificate (HT Twitter)

Want to upload your UK NHS Covid pass to an EU-accepted app?

1. Download "Covid Tracker Ireland"

2. Open the PDF of your UK certificate

3. Scan the QR code from your *second* vaccination into the app

4. It'll instantly provide you with an EU certificate.

Works.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
Download "Covid Tracker Ireland"
It apparently also works with the official French "TousAntiCovid" app. This app works in French and in English.

From https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/coronavirus

Those vaccinated in England are able to demonstrate their vaccination status by downloading the French government’s “TousAntiCovid” app and clicking on the option “Scan a QR code” to scan the QR code from the digital NHS England vaccination certification or by using the downloadable PDF certificate. This will generate a QR code that will save in the “wallets” section of the “TousAntiCovid” app, which can then be used for entry into services and venues that require COVID status certification.
Gov.uk also has instructions for those vaccinated in Wales and in Scotland.

Happy Penguin

Rainy day in Castilblanco
Past OR future Camino
A month on, is that still the case?
Not so much anymore, Reverend. The infection curve in Castilia y Leon is nicely flattening. Actually at this moment there are more people sick in Galicia (1 in every 150 inhabitants) than in Castilia y Leon (1 in 170 is sick with covid). The data taken from coronalevel.com

The covid situation in Spain is improving which unfortunately is not the case in the USA...

Traveller44

Past OR future Camino
There is now a procedure to apply for a French health pass / pass sanitaire when you have been vaccinated in the USA, in Canada or in other countries outside of the EU. You will find all the necessary information here:
Applying for a COVID certificate if you were vaccinated abroad (procedure for non-EU tourists)

There is an application form to Convert a Foreign Vaccination Certificate into a French Covid Certificate that you need to fill in, a number of electronic copies of documents that you need to provide and you need to send it all to one of the following email addresses, depending on where you live:
e-mail subject lines must be set out as follows:​
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE / SURNAME First name / Date of arrival in France in the format DD-MM-YY​
The website says that applications received through other means will not be processed.

The website says that you should send your application as soon as you know your travel dates if you are arriving in France in summer 2021. They say that they will be doing their utmost to process applications as quickly as possible.
Good luck!
Thank you for all you digging on this issue. I sent mine by email this morning. I am hoping that having a one way travel ticket will not be a problem. I added a note that i was walking the Camino and the date i would walk out of France. We shall see. Cheers

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
Got my pass this morning....
Bonjour,
A la suite de votre demande, nous vous prions de trouver ci-joint votre passe sanitaire.
Cordialement.
Hello, Please find attached your covid pass.
Best regards,
Great to hear that you received your French health pass code and that the approval of your application for conversion of your foreign non-EU vaccination pass to the French pass sanitaire did not take long.

Your feedback about your first hand experience is much appreciated!

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
Catalonia wished to extend its 1AM to 6AM curfew to many more municipalities, but the regional Court has blocked this move, so that it remains only in 19 of them.

A ban on private indoor gatherings of more than 10 persons persists however throughout the region, which could affect some pilgrims in some albergues, even if there was only one occasion on my own Catalan Way in 2019 when even half a dozen pilgrims slept overnight in the same place.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
The Spanish Supreme Court has struck down an attempt by Andalusia to implement a vaccination passport scheme in the region, decreasing the likelihood that such a measure might be implemented elsewhere in Spain.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
Galicia has increased Pilgrim Albergue capacity from 30% to 50%, in both the Xunta and the private ones.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
The EU has removed the US from its "safe list" from where people can travel without restrictions, and is recommending that non-vaccinated travel be disallowed. This is only a recommendation however, and it will be up to each country to decide its own measures, which could be either more lenient or more strict as the case may be. There may be testing or even quarantine requirements.

The US CDC is currently recommending that US citizens travel neither to France nor Spain.

Last edited:
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
Canada has just been put on the UK's green list. This does not permit any change in testing requirements. I have just booked an antigen test for before my departure next week. I shall be very glad to get out of Alberta, where new cases have swelled to over 1,100 daily. The premier, health minister, and medical officer of health quit doing reports on the sitation weeks ago and have all disappeared. Spain is looking a lot safer.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
Most restrictions in France on entering large shopping centres will end on Wednesday. The deeply unpopular measure was struck down by the Courts in most places, and will according to the Government remain in place only in the Var, Vaucluse, Alpes-Maritimes, Bouches-du-Rhône, Gard, l’Hérault, Corse-du-Sud, Rhône, Seine-Saint-Denis.

i.e. mainly in the Arles Way and the Provençal/coastal Francigena pilgrim routes.

These are not food shops or other ordinary shops, but large shopping centres -- though there are situations in the country where they are the only places available for food purchases by pilgrims.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
Switzerland has instituted vaxx passport requirements upon those wishing to enter bars and restaurants. + museums and etc. as usual.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
Spain is now requiring travellers from France and Italy to demonstrate proof of double vaccination.

Proofs of recent recovery from the disease, or a negative test within 72 hours are still accepted however, from the EU norms ; but the expected provision is the above.

Crossing the land border on foot, bike, horse or local transport may still be an exception as it has been for many months, but that's just guesswork.

These measures will anyway affect those traveling to Spain from these countries by air or by other long-distance travel means.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
France is requiring that travellers from the US be fully vaccinated (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson) ; or to be travelling for "essential" reasons, in which case a negative test will suffice (72 hours PCR, 48 hours antigen) -- although a 7-day quarantine is mandated for the unvaccinated.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
It seems very likely that nearly all remaining Covid restrictions in England are to be scrapped, with the exception of the self-isolation one, and that the Government's proposed vaccination passport scheme has been done away with.

The Prime Minister is set to repeal powers from the Coronavirus Act which are no longer deemed necessary in England as part of the Government's plan for managing the virus during the autumn and winter.

These include the ability to close down sectors of the economy, such as pubs and restaurants, and to restrict access to education by closing down schools, colleges and childcare.

Infectious people can also no longer be legally detained, and restrictions on events and gatherings cannot be imposed.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
And from The Sunday Times, it appears that the system of incoming travel restrictions will now only apply to countries on the "red" list.

Double-jabbed travellers need no longer take expensive PCR tests when returning to Britain under plans expected to be announced, the Mail on Sunday reported. They will be replaced by lateral flow tests instead

Ministers are also preparing to scrap the travel traffic light system and will treat green and amber list countries the same. The red list will remain.

It is understood that people who have been doubled-jabbed will be allowed to visit any country with similar Covid rates to the UK without the need to self-isolate. Ministers are also considering travel industry demands to remove the necessity of Covid testing.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
For those starting in SJPP or passing through there -- the mask mandate for outdoor tourist locations in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques has been ended.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
England's system of classifying countries for Covid purposes has been simplified, starting from October 4th ; there are now "red list" countries, from where greater restrictions on travel remain, and the rest of the world.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/red-list-update-what-are-the-new-travel-rules-v3k0d6jbt (paywall)

From October 4 fully vaccinated arrivals into the UK will not need to present a negative test certificate at the border. All under-11s are already exempt from pre-departure testing for arrival in the UK. All arrivals will still be required to complete a passenger locator form before returning.

Unvaccinated arrivals over the age of 11 will still be required to produce a negative test result ahead of travel to the UK, unless they are under 18 and travelling from one of the 50 plus countries where vaccines are recognised, including the whole of Europe and the United States. In such circumstances under-18s are treated the same as vaccinated passengers and are not required to take a pre-departure test to come to the UK.

From the end of October, fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to take a day two PCR test. The PCR test will be replaced by a cheaper lateral flow test, which must be purchased ahead of travel. Children under the age of five are exempt. Passengers are not entitled to use the free at-home NHS lateral flow tests on return from foreign trips. While no date has been set, it is understood that the government plans to implement the policy in time for people returning home from October half-term breaks.

Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated adults must present a negative test ahead of travel to the UK and then quarantine at home for ten days on arrival. They must take PCR tests on days two and eight. They can end self-isolation early under the Test to Release scheme, which requires an additional PCR test on day five.

Anyone returning to the UK from a red-list country must still submit to hotel quarantine for ten days irrespective of vaccination status. The cost for solo travellers is £2,285. The charge for an additional adult sharing a room is £1,430.

From the end of next month, the government says it intends to make changes to allow passengers who switch planes or trains in a red-list country to follow the rules that apply to their country of departure, rather than those of the transit nation.

In addition to Europe and the US, from October 4, the inbound vaccination policy will be extended to full-jabbed arrivals from 17 more countries. These are: Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
The full list of countries with fewer covid restrictions for travel to England, especially for the fully vaccinated, from October 4th :

Akrotiri and Dhekelia, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, The Bahamas, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Bosnia and Herzegovina, British Virgin Islands, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Tokelau and Niue, Côte d’Ivoire, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic (Czechia), Djibouti, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Greece (including islands), Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Luxembourg, Macao, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Morocco, Nauru, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, North Macedonia, The Occupied Palestinian Territories, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Martin and St Barthélemy, St Pierre and Miquelon, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sweden, Syria, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States (USA), Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen.

These join the current green list countries :

Anguilla, Antarctica/British Antarctic Territory, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Bermuda, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Denmark, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany, Gibraltar, Grenada, Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel and Jerusalem, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Montserrat, New Zealand, Norway, Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turks and Caicos Islands.

Last edited:
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Create your own ad

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
A report from elsewhere, and from Switzerland :

I'm from Switzerland. From Monday 20.9 additionally to all the other new measures, we will have to present a Covid certificate when entering Switzerland (citizens or tourists) by any means of transport (car, bicycle etc), till now it was flying only, not even sure if from all countries. That's not too bad what is really bad, those, unvaccinated, must present another test 4-5 days following entry, this test result will have to be uploaded. Additionally we must fill in a form online before re-entering the country stating departure city, destination and address , main residential address (if non citizen), phone number etc... There will be random checks at the borders else it would be chaos at the borders stopping each car. For the unlucky ones getting caught without having filled in the online form there will be a fine of 100euros and probably another fine if no certificate is showed. What is not understandable, vaccinated must also fill in this form but must not present a second test as they will have presented proof of vaccination.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
From November, fully vaccinated travellers will be able to enter the USA from the UK, EU, and Schengen countries.

(edited, thanks for spotting the typo trecile)

Last edited:

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
From November, travellers will be able to enter the USA from the UK, EU, and Schengen countries.
Fully vaccinated travelers

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
With an exception for attending Holy Mass, visitors to the Vatican will from 1st October be required to have the "green pass" demonstrating either vaccination, a recent negative test, or proof of recovery from Covid19.

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings