• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Lodging crunch - Biduedo and Ferrerios

Renegator1

Time of past OR future Camino
11/2012, 10/222, 3/24
Buen Camino!
Having trouble finding anything for 1 Dec & 6 Dec for Biduedo and Ferrerios. My husband & I are older & really need to break the walk up. Suggestions?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
For Biduedo have you tried Viduedo which has the casa rurale Xato. See more here

Last edited:
Many thanks! 🙏🏼
In Ferreiros this is a perfect small Xunta albergue with only 22 beds amidst a beautiful landscape. Nearby down the hill next to the local church is a very good and very friendly restaurant/bar, Meson Mirabilos. My truly delicious Sunday lunch in 2014 was fresh clam soup, breaded veal cutlet with cream sauce, cheese tart, thick country bread, water, wine and coffee for 10 euros.

Happy planning and Buen camino to both of you!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Apart from when I arrive tomorrow 21st in Leon to continue my Camino which I have already booked as its my arrival night I will do as normal, be free and find accommodation as I come across it, always been good in the past. Might see you along the way 😉

Buen Camino to you both! Camino prayers that you find the accommodations you're looking for! 🙏
EDIT - Just before Ferreirelos is Casa Morgade - Google Maps indicates it's closed temporarily, but try to contact them -- https://casamorgade.gal/en/ or phone +34 676 53 53 69. They are lovely people and speak English.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Buen Camino to you both! Camino prayers that you find the accommodations you're looking for! 🙏
EDIT - Just before Ferreirelos is Casa Morgade - Google Maps indicates it's closed temporarily, but try to contact them -- https://casamorgade.gal/en/ or phone +34 676 53 53 69. They are lovely people and speak English.
According to Casa Morgade’s website, they are closed till March 25. I am glad that that hard working family will get a nice long vacation. Maybe that’s what keeps them chugging along without getting cynical, always offering genuine hospitality.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I stayed in Biduedo in Casa Rural Quiroga on November 9 and they mentioned to me that they were closing for the autumn and winter that week. Whether Casa Rural Xato remains open, I don’t know. I am planning to walk again by end of February, having the same problem of not being able to walk 20-25 km. in two locations I could not find a hotel, so I opt for calling a taxi forward and be transported back the next morning. The photo’s from the morning walk after Biduedo are very special.

Attachments

• 28C863C7-E7B6-4B98-A3C8-552E710467D8.jpeg
    28C863C7-E7B6-4B98-A3C8-552E710467D8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • C5FC8A12-18F1-4BEF-9CFB-8D5FD0F48ED8.jpeg
    C5FC8A12-18F1-4BEF-9CFB-8D5FD0F48ED8.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • 0A7A2181-082B-40BF-9148-6B7611D756DC.jpeg
    0A7A2181-082B-40BF-9148-6B7611D756DC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Back