• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging from Ourense to Santiago

Sweenardo

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata in May of 2017 from Ourense to Santiago. Bilbao to Santander on Camino Norte (2018).
I hope to walk from Ourense to Santiago in April of 2017. I'd rather not bring a sleeping bag if possible. Are there hotels I could stay at instead of refugios? I'd rather not do a "tour" but I'm having difficulty finding alternate lodging along this route. Also, weather in April? Thank you very much for your help.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Try Booking.com
Thank you musicman! Does anybody know if you need a sleeping bag at the refugio at the Monastery in Oseira?

Try Gronze.com for Via de La Plata from Etapa 32B and onward. See more here
Both pilgrim albergues and regular tourist accommodation are cited by geographic location. Booking.com links are also given.
Perfect. Thank you very much.

Thank you musicman! Does anybody know if you need a sleeping bag at the refugio at the Monastery in Oseira?
I'll be there this Thursday and don't have a sleeping bag. The big barn is fairly chilly, but last time (also in winter) my liner and about five blankets did the job.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'll be there this Thursday and don't have a sleeping bag. The big barn is fairly chilly, but last time (also in winter) my liner and about five blankets did the job.
Thank you Alan. I guess I would need a blanket or sheet at least.....not sure I will be carrying one so I may have to stay somewhere else. Appreciate your help! Good luck!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've stayed at the following casas rurales or hotels, all of which are lovely:

Casa Rural Casarellos, near Oseira. They serve breakfast and dinner, and offer driving services. http://www.casarellos.es/
Casa Manoso in Cea. Lovely owners will do your laundry and shuttle you to/from Castro-Dozon. http://www.casamanoso.es/
Hotel Via Argentum in Silleda. http://www.hotelviaargentum.com/
Casa Grande de Fuentemayor. Owners will pick you up in Silleda for no charge (their place is a mile or two out of town). They also own the local albergue. http://www.casagrandefuentemayor.com/
Casa de Casal, which is a few miles past the albergue north of Ponte Ulla and about 7 miles from Santiago. They serve breakfast and dinner. http://www.casadecasal.com/?lang=en

Melanie

I've stayed at the following casas rurales or hotels, all of which are lovely:

Casa Rural Casarellos, near Oseira. They serve breakfast and dinner, and offer driving services. http://www.casarellos.es/
Casa Manoso in Cea. Lovely owners will do your laundry and shuttle you to/from Castro-Dozon. http://www.casamanoso.es/
Hotel Via Argentum in Silleda. http://www.hotelviaargentum.com/
Casa Grande de Fuentemayor. Owners will pick you up in Silleda for no charge (their place is a mile or two out of town). They also own the local albergue. http://www.casagrandefuentemayor.com/
Casa de Casal, which is a few miles past the albergue north of Ponte Ulla and about 7 miles from Santiago. They serve breakfast and dinner. http://www.casadecasal.com/?lang=en

Melanie
Thank you Melanie. I am booked at Casa Manoso and will check out your other recommendations!

I hope to walk from Ourense to Santiago in April of 2017. I'd rather not bring a sleeping bag if possible. Are there hotels I could stay at instead of refugios? I'd rather not do a "tour" but I'm having difficulty finding alternate lodging along this route. Also, weather in April? Thank you very much for your help.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wonderful little Albergue in Ponte Ulla... Juanito and her husband run it. Hostal Caracas in Lalin good. Cass Manoso in Cea well placed, lots of assistance. Hotel Mino in Orense well placed to stay your walk close by the bridge. If you spurge do it 1c

Wonderful little Albergue in Ponte Ulla... Juanito and her husband run it. Hostal Caracas in Lalin good. Cass Manoso in Cea well placed, lots of assistance. Hotel Mino in Orense well placed to stay your walk close by the bridge. If you spurge do it 1c
Thank you. I am booked at Hotels Manoso and Mino. Appreciate all these recommendations. Did you walk into Lalin or find a taxi?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi. I wanted to endorse the splurge of Casa de Funtemajor. Wonderful place and super hosts. Yes we taxied into Hostal Caracas. Once there directions to walk across a really great park into the town centre are easy. Enjoy the spa baths in Ourense as well. Its a pretty place. If you are wanting to give up the carrying for a day or two contact Correos the postal service. We day packed because of unfitness and paid €20.00 for the entire distance between Ourense and SDC X 7 overnight stops.

Hi. I wanted to endorse the splurge of Casa de Funtemajor. Wonderful place and super hosts. Yes we taxied into Hostal Caracas. Once there directions to walk across a really great park into the town centre are easy. Enjoy the spa baths in Ourense as well. Its a pretty place. If you are wanting to give up the carrying for a day or two contact Correos the postal service. We day packed because of unfitness and paid €20.00 for the entire distance between Ourense and SDC X 7 overnight stops.
Can't beat that price. Appreciate all the information very much!

In September, 2015, I walked from Ourense to Santiago de Compostela. I stopped for several days at the monastery guest house in Oseira for a retreat. The monks were amazing, and the monastery is awesome. In Silleda, I stayed at the very reasonable Hostal Ramos. The proprietors were extremely kind and generous, driving me to a nearby town for a special Mass and band concert. My Spanish is practically non-existent, but their daughter speaks fluent English. I ate at Bodegon de Esther: excellent. I also stayed at a fairly new private albergue in Donelas, run by an Italian couple with twins. It was heavenly. You can't miss it; it's the only game in town.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In September, 2015, I walked from Ourense to Santiago de Compostela. I stopped for several days at the monastery guest house in Oseira for a retreat. The monks were amazing, and the monastery is awesome. In Silleda, I stayed at the very reasonable Hostal Ramos. The proprietors were extremely kind and generous, driving me to a nearby town for a special Mass and band concert. My Spanish is practically non-existent, but their daughter speaks fluent English. I ate at Bodegon de Esther: excellent. I also stayed at a fairly new private albergue in Donelas, run by an Italian couple with twins. It was heavenly. You can't miss it; it's the only game in town.
Thank you for all the wonderful info. Appreciate it.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back