• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging in Pandorado or Riello

QuailHiker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino del Norte y Primitivo (2018)
Two of us will be walking the Olvidado in mid-May. We’re having trouble finding accommodations in either Riello or Pandorado, even after checking the guides and Laurie’s thread. I’ve seen a reference somewhere to a new albergue, I think in Riello. Any ideas?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The only two options that I know of are the CR in Riello (which is very uninterested in pilgrims) and Resthy’s place in Pandorado. I have gone by that hotel a couple of times (it’s right across the street from Resthy’s) and never saw any signs of life, but maybe it opens in high summer. Resthy’s place is kind of a price-gouger, but it is comfortable. You have told me in a PM, though, that Resthy’s is full for your dates. That makes for a difficult situation.

I have no new information about the Riello albergue.

On my last Olvidado, I walked from La Magdalena to Vegarienza, but the town hall has closed the albergue in Vegarienza that was above the doctor’s office. So that eliminates that possibility as well. I have heard that the Association is trying to get a place set up but is having financial challenges.

update from the mods: as of June 2022, there is basic accommodation available in Vegarienza, contact Estela via WhatsApp at 34 680 79 99 27.

I don’t think there are other options that we don’t know about, but I will contact Ender and the albergue in La Magdalena.

Any other ideas out there?

Last edited:
Here’s a bit of good news. The albergue in La Magdalena is open year round, and looks spectacular.

The town’s decision to close the albergue above the doctor’s office in Vegarienza was not a total defeat for the camino supporters in this pretty little village. The good folks there, particularly the lovely señora Estela, have found a small house to rent for a pilgrim albergue. They received a grant from APOC (thank you, American Pilgrims!) and are hoping to have it open by May 1.

The people in the Magdalena albergue also say that the hotel in Pandorado, across from Resthy, typically gives good pilgrim prices, but as I said earlier, I have walked by it twice and never seen any signs of life.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Two of us will be walking the Olvidado in mid-May. We’re having trouble finding accommodations in either Riello or Pandorado, even after checking the guides and Laurie’s thread. I’ve seen a reference somewhere to a new albergue, I think in Riello. Any ideas?

More good news. I have received a WhatsApp from the Hotel Pandorado. They open as of May 1. Contact should be made directly with the hotel, via WhatsApp, on this number:

34 666 40 09 66

Another CR in the area has joined in to offer lodging to pilgrims. The Casa Rural La Magia de las Nubes in Robledo de Omaña will pick you up in Riello and bring you back the next morning. Price of bed and breakfast plus “taxi service” is only 15€ per person.

They are on WhatsApp. 34 661 97 73 05

That means that if Resthy’s place in Pandorado is too expensive, and if the Hotel Pandorado is too expensive, closed or otherwise unavailable, there is a good option for those who don’t mind being driven about 8 km off route.

And I have edited my earlier post to indicate that Estela in Vegarienza has been able to cobble together enough funds (including some from American Pilgrims, thanks APOC!) to open a basic “acogida” with plans to improve. There is also a very good home-cooking restaurant int own. Good place to stay.

Another CR in the area has joined in to offer lodging to pilgrims. The Casa Rural La Magia de las Nubes in Robledo de Omaña will pick you up in Riello and bring you back the next morning. Price of bed and breakfast plus “taxi service” is only 15€ per person.

They are on WhatsApp. 34 661 97 73 05

That means that if Resthy’s place in Pandorado is too expensive, and if the Hotel Pandorado is too expensive, closed or otherwise unavailable, there is a good option for those who don’t mind being driven about 8 km off route.

And I have edited my earlier post to indicate that Estela in Vegarienza has been able to cobble together enough funds (including some from American Pilgrims, thanks APOC!) to open a basic “acogida” with plans to improve. There is also a very good home-cooking restaurant int own. Good place to stay.
Great news about another option, and quite reasonably priced. I don't recommend Resthy's in Pandorado even if rooms are available -- he was very uncooperative and rude to us when we were looking for a place to stay in May. If your mileage works out to get to Vegarienza, definitely get in touch with Estela. Her albergue/acogida is basic but clean and functional. And the dinner at Maxi's -- although I felt I was eating in someone's dining room -- was good and filling.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Gran Hotel Pandorado Is closed.
Resthy told me that only his restaurant is open.

Gran Hotel Pandorado Is closed.
Resthy told me that only his restaurant is open.
I am not surprised about the hotel. I have never seen it open, even though I was able to communicate with them on behalf of another pilgrim.

I wonder if Resthy’s decision is a permanent one. He was never at all interested in pilgrims. Not a mean guy, but I think I paid 60 € for one of his apartments — he told me I could bring in several more people if I wanted to. :p

Did you happen to check out the Casa Rural La Magia I mentioned above? They have gotten some good responses according to Cuñarro. You do have to go for a 8 km car ride (no charge, apparently), but it seems like a good option to break up the stage between La Magdalena - Vegarienza if you’re not up for 30 km and about 600 m elevation.

I am not surprised about the hotel. I have never seen it open, even though I was able to communicate with them on behalf of another pilgrim.

I wonder if Resthy’s decision is a permanent one. He was never at all interested in pilgrims. Not a mean guy, but I think I paid 60 € for one of his apartments — he told me I could bring in several more people if I wanted to. :p

Did you happen to check out the Casa Rural La Magia I mentioned above? They have gotten some good responses according to Cuñarro. You do have to go for a 8 km car ride (no charge, apparently), but it seems like a good option to break up the stage between La Magdalena - Vegarienza if you’re not up for 30 km and about 600 m elevation.
Hi Laurie, I never checked out the casa rural La Magia or any other casa rurals In the vicinity but it seems to be a great option to break up the day.
I don’t know if you’ve missed the post #3 on NEW ALBERGUES on the Olvidado 2022 but I would like your thoughts on the points mentioned.Bye for now, Mick.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back