Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Lodging in Santa Cristina e Bessone

kmccue

Past OR future Camino
We'll be walking from Pavia to Santa Cristina in September and it looks like the only place that I can find on any lists, the Parochia de Santa Cristina no longer takes pilgrims due to Covid. Looks like the next stop with lodgins is MIraldo de Terme...but that makes for a LONG day. Anyone have any ideas for a stay between Pavia and SC?

and SC?

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Check Barazzina, san colambaro al ambro or Agroturisimo san bruno. Just a bit further than cristina

kmccue

Past OR future Camino
Check Barazzina, san colambaro al ambro or Agroturisimo san bruno. Just a bit further than cristina
So I'm curious. THese spots are obviously "off" the trail. Do you just get a taxi? HOnestly, I've never ventured off the beaten track on my other 3 Caminos...always found lodging. Explain to me how you get from the trail. Do the people from the agriturismo come and get you? Thanks Bob

kmccue

Past OR future Camino
So I'm curious. THese spots are obviously "off" the trail. Do you just get a taxi? HOnestly, I've never ventured off the beaten track on my other 3 Caminos...always found lodging. Explain to me how you get from the trail. Do the people from the agriturismo come and get you? Thanks Bob

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
As with many things right now Covid is playing a BIG part. Some locations have closed temporarily and some permanently. A taxi along the VF will not be as readily available as it would be on the CF. Some Agroturisimo's will pick you up with prior notice and planning, but right now everything is in flux.
My best recommendation to you would be to plan ahead and to have a plan "B" in your back pocket. (Especially on the VF)

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

roving_rufus

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2013-2015) Portugues (2017-2019) Via Francigena (2018-??) Camino from Ireland (2020-??)
At least a plan B on the section from Pavia to Santa Cristina would be to catch the train back to Pavia and stay there. (It was my backup plan on a winter walk of that section)

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I just checked Booking.com and there is an accommodation at B&B Sforza 19 just beyond Cristina and about 1KM off the route. (This is depending on your date of arrival).

Pilgrim 122

Past OR future Camino
camino frances 2012
Le puy route 2013
London to Santiago via Camino Norte 2014 , 2015, arriving 2016 (God willing!)
We'll be walking from Pavia to Santa Cristina in September and it looks like the only place that I can find on any lists, the Parochia de Santa Cristina no longer takes pilgrims due to Covid. Looks like the next stop with lodgins is MIraldo de Terme...but that makes for a LONG day. Anyone have any ideas for a stay between Pavia and SC?

and SC?
Hello, I walked this bit in Oct 2019. There was nowhere to stay either. In the end I took a detour to Spessa and stayed at Ostello Artemista which was nice and then walked to Orio Litta the next day but that involved a nasty roadside section. Good luck!

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances