• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging in Santa Cristina e Bessone

kmccue

Time of past OR future Camino
We'll be walking from Pavia to Santa Cristina in September and it looks like the only place that I can find on any lists, the Parochia de Santa Cristina no longer takes pilgrims due to Covid. Looks like the next stop with lodgins is MIraldo de Terme...but that makes for a LONG day. Anyone have any ideas for a stay between Pavia and SC?

and SC?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Check Barazzina, san colambaro al ambro or Agroturisimo san bruno. Just a bit further than cristina

Check Barazzina, san colambaro al ambro or Agroturisimo san bruno. Just a bit further than cristina
So I'm curious. THese spots are obviously "off" the trail. Do you just get a taxi? HOnestly, I've never ventured off the beaten track on my other 3 Caminos...always found lodging. Explain to me how you get from the trail. Do the people from the agriturismo come and get you? Thanks Bob

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So I'm curious. THese spots are obviously "off" the trail. Do you just get a taxi? HOnestly, I've never ventured off the beaten track on my other 3 Caminos...always found lodging. Explain to me how you get from the trail. Do the people from the agriturismo come and get you? Thanks Bob

As with many things right now Covid is playing a BIG part. Some locations have closed temporarily and some permanently. A taxi along the VF will not be as readily available as it would be on the CF. Some Agroturisimo's will pick you up with prior notice and planning, but right now everything is in flux.
My best recommendation to you would be to plan ahead and to have a plan "B" in your back pocket. (Especially on the VF)

At least a plan B on the section from Pavia to Santa Cristina would be to catch the train back to Pavia and stay there. (It was my backup plan on a winter walk of that section)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I just checked Booking.com and there is an accommodation at B&B Sforza 19 just beyond Cristina and about 1KM off the route. (This is depending on your date of arrival).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We'll be walking from Pavia to Santa Cristina in September and it looks like the only place that I can find on any lists, the Parochia de Santa Cristina no longer takes pilgrims due to Covid. Looks like the next stop with lodgins is MIraldo de Terme...but that makes for a LONG day. Anyone have any ideas for a stay between Pavia and SC?

and SC?
Hello, I walked this bit in Oct 2019. There was nowhere to stay either. In the end I took a detour to Spessa and stayed at Ostello Artemista which was nice and then walked to Orio Litta the next day but that involved a nasty roadside section. Good luck!

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back