• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging Labaniego to Cobrana?

QuailHiker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino del Norte y Primitivo (2018)
Having trouble locating a pilgrim-oriented place to stay in Labaniego through Cobrana. We had planned to stay in the hostal above the bar in Losada, but I just received a message that it is closed. Casa Rurals are too expensive, and the one in Labaniego has no vacancy anyway. There is a place in El Valle -- is this too far off the Camino? We will be heading to Ponferrada to pick up the Invierno. Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks, Laurie. Don't know if the Bar Losada lodgings are "permanently closed," but their message did say closed, at least for now. I may stop in and ask them when we walk through.

The woman who has a place in Cobrana (at least the one I found) said hers is not available. So we will walk all the way from Iguena to Congosto and stay at the albergue there. A long day, but it appears pretty flat.

The only night we don't have something confirmed on the Olvidado is 5/16. The hotel in Pandorado has gone silent again (tried multiple times with What's App) and I don't know yet about an albergue in Vegarienza. We'll stay in the new albergue in La Magdalena the night before, so hopefully they can steer us in the right direction.

The weather forecast (looking at La Robla) looks iffy for the first several days (we walk on Friday from Bonar) but hopefully it's intermittent rain and we get some views. Next week looks pretty good. I'm also aware of the steep downhill on our Day 3 and we may avoid it if things are wet.

What's the best way to set up a "Live From the Camino" thread once we get going?

Fred

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What's the best way to set up a "Live From the Camino" thread once we get going?
Just start a new thread, then over on the left on the title line there is a drop down menu for prefixes, and you can choose “Live from the Camino.”

For Igüeña to Congosto, Ender recommends Igüeña to the new albergue in Noceda, from there to Congosto. I’m assuming that Igüeña to Noceda is too short a day for you?

One other option he suggests is the Casa Rural in Arlanza, which rents rooms to pilgrims, even though their website says whole house rental only. (info on camino olvidado website).

Maybe you are going to coincide with some special time in the area and everything is booked.

One last thing — it seems that the mayor of Losada is not interested in re-opening the rooms above the bar. It is all part of the municipal pool complex in Losada, so it depends on the interest of the ayuntamiento rather than private initiative.

Last edited:
Just start a new thread, then over on the left on the title line there is a drop down menu for prefixes, and you can choose “Live from the Camino.”

Ender recommends Igüeña to the new albergue in Noceda, from there to Congosto. I’m assuming that Igüeña to Noceda is too short a day for you?
I see that Noceda is short of Labaniego -- yes, too short of a day. Anyway, we've already "stolen" a day from the Olvidado to give us a couple of shorter days on the Invierno. Congosto (tired as we may be), here we come!

I see that Noceda is short of Labaniego -- yes, too short of a day. Anyway, we've already "stolen" a day from the Olvidado to give us a couple of shorter days on the Invierno. Congosto (tired as we may be), here we come!
And I "spoke" with the owner of the Casa Rural in Arlanza -- the El Mayulon, I believe. They are closed into mid-June -- gone to Mallorca!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Assuming you are sleeping in Fasgar, you will have Fasgar to Igüeña 18.5 and Igüeña to Congosto 37. Those 37 are doable, no huge elevation.

Breaking it up Fasgar to Quintana de los Fuseros, 25.6, and Quintana de los Fuseros - Congosto, 29.5 your days would be more even. I have done this and it was very doable.

The website of the Casa Rural in Quintana de Fuseros says they charge 450 euro! That's probably for the entire house. I think we'll wait until I get there, see how we're "progressing," and see if we think we need to break up those days better. Thanks for all your help!

I think we'll wait until I get there, see how we're "progressing," and see if we think we need to break up those days better.

Good idea. I know you’ll figure it out, but it’s a part of the Olvidado where there is a good supply of lodging, so it’s frustrating that it’s this difficult!

One more option would be Fasgar to the new albergue in Noceda. Ender just sent me some pictures that I’m going to post and it looks very comfortable. That’d be a long day, but no longer than Igüeña to Congosto, I think, and you could be the forum trailblazers since the Noceda albegue just opened last week!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back