• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging Pamplona

gale056

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (Matosinhos to Santiago) 2018
Camino Frances plan for 2019
I am flying into Pamplona on 21 August and catching a bus the following morning to St. Jean Pied de Port. My question is are there two bus stations in Pamplona? The one that looks like I need to go to is On Calle Yanguas y Miranda 2. Does anyone know of lodging that would be close to that bus station. Thank you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am flying into Pamplona on 21 August and catching a bus the following morning to St. Jean Pied de Port. My question is are there two bus stations in Pamplona? The one that looks like I need to go to is On Calle Yanguas y Miranda 2. Does anyone know of lodging that would be close to that bus station. Thank you!
I have stayed at Hotel Eslava 4 times! Very reasonably priced, great breakfast, quaint, friendly, awesome location and they can tell you (and give you a map if needed) how to get to the bus station. I walked from there in 5 min. Close to the post office too if you are mailing luggage to Santiago. Buen Camino! I will be there August 3!

Hostal Arriazu for me in 2017 & already booked again for this Sept (both the bus & the accommodation). Arriazu is 700m (less than 10 min walk) from bus station.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes the bus station is on Calle Yanguas y Miranda. It is all located underground. The only visible part is the glass building with the entrance and stairs. On my first visit, I had checked it out the evening before I was travelling, just to get my bearings.
I have stayed in Hostal Arriazu and Hostal Navarra, both good, and close to the bus station.

My question is are there two bus stations in Pamplona? The one that looks like I need to go to is On Calle Yanguas y Miranda 2.
Yes the bus station is on Calle Yanguas y Miranda.
I only know of one and that is on Calle Yanguas y Miranda. Just repeating it to make you feel more secure about @SFletcher's answer. That's the station we used to get to SJPDP.

The website for the bus station is:
http://www.estaciondeautobusesdepamplona.com/es

The bus station is a ten minute walk to many hostels in Pamplona. I stayed at 2 excellent ones, one was next to the cathedral.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm noticing hotels being mentioned. Private albergues are likely to let you spend the night also. Mentioned in case you want a cheaper place to stay more than you want a place where you can get some sleep.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have stayed at Hotel Eslava 4 times! Very reasonably priced, great breakfast, quaint, friendly, awesome location and they can tell you (and give you a map if needed) how to get to the bus station. I walked from there in 5 min. Close to the post office too if you are mailing luggage to Santiago. Buen Camino! I will be there August 3!
I have reservations at hotel Eslava for night i am arriving in Pamplona where i will start walking, last year i stayed in a hostal in city center it was so noisy ALL night (my mistake it was Friday night)I got no sleep and dragged myself out of town. So this year I reserved the night at Eslava looks like its more out of the cityclose to the Camino. Did Imake a wise choice?

I forgot about this part. Pamplona's line A street bus leaves the airport every hour on the hour to bring you to the bus station. I think it stops at two places first and takes about 15 minutes. Use the money you save over a taxi to buy some pinchos.
The above is no longer entirely correct. A taxi now replaces the bus, goes near the bus station but not to it and it needs to be reserved (but short notice is okay). The fare is less than an euro per person. See this post on another thread and the one after it: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/madrid-to-pamplona.63185/#post-768542

There is the Aloha Hostel which is close to the Bus Port.
Maybe phone and make a booking ot email?

Address: Calle Sanguesa 2, Pamplona
Ph: +34 948 153 367 or +34 648 289 403
Website: https://www.alohahostel.es The 's' in the 'https' link ensures your time on the site is encrypted and secure. You can add them to any link you feel may not be safe.
eMail: info@alohahostel.es
Tariff: 15 Euro per bed w/breakfast.

Close up

Bus Port + Hostel.jpg

Only a 5 minute walk

Route.jpg

For reference

Train Station.jpg

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have reservations at hotel Eslava for night i am arriving in Pamplona where i will start walking, last year i stayed in a hostal in city center it was so noisy ALL night (my mistake it was Friday night)I got no sleep and dragged myself out of town. So this year I reserved the night at Eslava looks like its more out of the cityclose to the Camino. Did Imake a wise choice?
I think you will like it!!

My son and I stayed at the Eslava last May. I really loved staying there. Very nice hosts. They hooked us up for a taxi to SJPdP. Very clean and convenient. A beautiful walk from the train.

Definitely a good choice! I wouldn't say it's out of the city - still within the old town, very close to the Camino. But having stayed there three times now including Easter weekend, with rooms facing the street, I've never noticed any noise. Very peaceful, just far enough from the noisy areas - you don't have to go far for things to become much quieter. Very friendly and helpful owners too.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Definitely a good choice! I wouldn't say it's out of the city - still within the old town, very close to the Camino. But having stayed there three times now including Easter weekend, with rooms facing the street, I've never noticed any noise. Very peaceful, just far enough from the noisy areas - you don't have to go far for things to become much quieter. Very friendly and helpful owners too.
Thanks so much for your response, Im so looking forward to my stay there. Taking an extra day in Pamplona to combat jet lag. 42 days to take off!!

I'm trying to book Hotel Eslava for this coming June. What is the best way to contact and reserve a room with them? I can't find an email address.

I'm trying to book Hotel Eslava for this coming June

It looks to me like the Hotel Eslava is now called Alda Centro Pamplona.

I could be wrong about that, because it’s just based on a google search, but the addresses are the same, I think.

Not to change your plans, but in case I messed up on the Eslava, a cheap clean place in Pamplona, right near Plaza Mayor is Hostal Bearán.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It looks to me like the Hotel Eslava is now called Alda Centro Pamplona.

I could be wrong about that, because it’s just based on a google search, but the addresses are the same, I think.

Not to change your plans, but in case I messed up on the Eslava, a cheap clean place in Pamplona, right near Plaza Mayor is Hostal Bearán.
I think you are right - the reception area looks the same, or similar.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back