• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation options on the Via Gebennensis: Accueil Jacquaires vs Accueil Randonneurs

Wirewalker

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 Camino France's, 2016 Camino del Norte, (Le Puy 2108)
My husband and I will be walking the Via Gebennensis in September. I have the Yellow Guide. I am trying to figure out the difference between Accueil Jacquaires and Accueil Randonneurs. The Yellow Guide lists the options separately so I am thinking they are different. Has anyone had experience with both options and can explain the difference? It may also be a matter of Associations, ARA.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi there. Someone with a more certain response may chime in but just looking at the names alone suggests one is for pilgrims and the other is for walkers generally, which would include pilgrims. So either way you would be welcome 😎.

My understanding, and I am happy to be corrected, is that Accueil Jacquaire is offered on a donativo basis, and the hosts have a connection, spiritual, experience or otherwise, with the Camino. We stayed in an Accueil Jacquaire in 2018, and the hosts had walked the Camino, knew what it involved, and had no set price for their lodging and meals.
The Accueil Randonneurs is run as a business, and has set rates for lodging and meals.
Either way, as @anamcara writes, you'll be welcome.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In our case, we had reserved more than 24 hours prior, and the hosts had accepted our reservation as we were coming from Australia, my darling was recovering from cancer, and we wanted to make sure we would have a bed that night.
The Yellow Guide I had did not give a rate for this Accueil Jacquaire, and when I asked how much, the host said: whatever you can afford. We had had a private room, magnificent meals, so we left them as much as we would have for a chambre d'hôtes.

How wonderful @AJGuillaume We are of the same view regarding donativo in leaving what we would otherwise pay. For those who have the means, this supports the gite owners and makes room for those who cannot afford to pay or who can pay just a small amount. As well as room and meals, the other aspects - a warm welcome and the opportunity for connection - are priceless.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In our case, we had reserved more than 24 hours prior, and the hosts had accepted our reservation as we were coming from Australia, my darling was recovering from cancer, and we wanted to make sure we would have a bed that night.
The Yellow Guide I had did not give a rate for this Accueil Jacquaire, and when I asked how much, the host said: whatever you can afford. We had had a private room, magnificent meals, so we left them as much as we would have for a chambre d'hôtes.
Thank you.AJ Guillaume. We are hoping this.walk happens for us. And that the walks others are plannin work out also.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back