• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

lodgings for September 2015

Sean Noonan

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm planning to walk the Camino in September 2015:) id appreciate all the help and advice i can get!!
I'm walking the Camino France next September.. I've been dreaming about it for a couple of years ago.. My question is.. Are people booking rooms all along the route already for 2015?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
During my journey i would hate if all i was thinking about is where and if i could find a place to sleep each night!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My 2 cents, for what it's worth.
Don't worry about booking for September 2015 now. But….do have a means to book ahead once there, in case you decide that is the path you want to take. Options are good.

your advice is most welcome and thank you.. I just want to walk everyday enjoy my surroundings and not have to worry about anything.

"I just want to walk everyday enjoy my surroundings and not have to worry about anything."

I definitely agree with the sentiment, but remember that when you book ahead, you are locking yourself into a schedule, and that too interferes with enjoying your surroundings in a carefree manner. If you plan to start your walk at SJPP, I'd recommend booking Orisson for September in March, and let the rest flow as it will.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don't buy into the fear of not finding a bed for the night, if you are of the "I will only stay in municipal/donativo albergues" mindset, then you'll have difficulty finding a bed, for the same price or a few euros more you will find a bed at private albergues, casa rurals, or hostels. Don't expect to roll into a municipal albergue at 1900 (during the peak season) and expect to find a bed, if you do, then its a bonus. Be open to other alternatives, you might be surprised what you'll find.
I reserved for Orisson and Santiago (this was because the media had taken almost all the hotel rooms) in the days after the tragic 2013 train crash which I arrived three days later.

I'm walking the Camino France next September.. I've been dreaming about it for a couple of years ago.. My question is.. Are people booking rooms all along the route already for 2015?

No.

Just walk when you get there.

Especially is September.

Been at this 4 times, and always feel the anx you are feeling - don't give into it. It's a normal reflex, one that doesn't seem to go away easily, but one that doesn't make your Camino better.

your advice is most welcome and thank you.. I just want to walk everyday enjoy my surroundings and not have to worry about anything.
hi Sean.........I am walking in April 2015 for 3 weeks picking up again where I stop probably Burgos or maybe a bit further in Sept. I am new to this too but have more or less same plan as yourself, not into forward planning apart from backpack and boots.......enjoy yourself Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Hola Sean,
I walked the Frances in Sept. 2011, I did not pre- book and never once was without a bed. The Camino has since grown in popularity so this may be different now. In late September most of the youth are back at school, that is in your favor. I am plannining to do my second Camino next September as well. I will start in SJPdP in late September with a two or three week walk on the chemin in France first. Maybe our paths will cross, Buen Camino

Last edited:
During my journey i would hate if all i was thinking about is where and if i could find a place to sleep each night!!
i would say just enjoy the planning and keep checking out this site,but over thinking and booking your beds ahead i think might put pressure on you to stop at times you may not want to, my sis n i walked in sept n yes some places were busy but we never went without a bed ! more fun i think to go with the flow :) n see where the road takes you ?

Hi Jennie.. I'm absolutely loving all the planning that goes with walking the Camino:) from this moment on i won't worry about finding a place to stay each night thanks to all the great advice I've got!!! Woohoo:)

Hi, does anyone know if the old stone Albergue in Roncesvalles still accommodates pilgrims? I've been hearing a lot about the new one opened recently.

Hi, does anyone know if the old stone Albergue in Roncesvalles still accommodates pilgrims? I've been hearing a lot about the new one opened recently.

The old, old stone albergue (13th c) in Roncesvalles in a structure known as the Itzandegia is presently only used for overflow accommodation. The current albergue is in a late 18th c wing of the monastery which has been recently renovated to almost 'Hiltonesque' comfort. Sleek stainless steel kitchen, large dining areas, computer and wifi facilities plus a reading room are all available. A huge coed dorm is divided into cozy four bunk units.

Thanks all the comments , we are walking in September planning on leaving SJPDP about 15th , and intend heading to Roncesvales , however accommodation already seems difficult there !. As we coming from Barcelona thought we may bus to Roncesvales stay , and then taxi to SJPDP and walk back to Roncesvales . That way can leave bulk of pack in Roncesvales . Any thoughts or comments Regards ApNZ

Thanks all the comments , we are walking in September planning on leaving SJPDP about 15th , and intend heading to Roncesvales , however accommodation already seems difficult there !. As we coming from Barcelona thought we may bus to Roncesvales stay , and then taxi to SJPDP and walk back to Roncesvales . That way can leave bulk of pack in Roncesvales . Any thoughts or comments Regards ApNZ
It is hard to believe SJPSP is all booked up this early

Thanks all the comments , we are walking in September planning on leaving SJPDP about 15th , and intend heading to Roncesvales , however accommodation already seems difficult there !. ..

Where have you tried to book at Roncesvalles? Albergue or hotel? See www.Gronze.com for a list of both types of possibilities.
Buen camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey Sean,
I will also be starting in September but I haven't booked any auberges yet. So your from Ireland, I will be heading to Ireland after I do the Camino. I am taking a year off to enjoy a bit of travel. When do you start the Camino?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello K-dor..
I'm setting out from St.Jean on the 2nd of September:) when are you starting?

Hey Sean, I will be coming from Canada on Sept 16th. We will most definitely not see each other on the Camino, but Bueno Camino!

Hi K-dor.. Have a wonderful journey:) Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back