• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodgings in the Cele valley

Antonius Vaessen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2016 VdlPlata - Sanabres
2016.Primitivo
2017 Salvador
2018 Norte (to Sobrado)
2019 Norte again
End of august I will start the Via Podiensis. After Figeac I would like to walk the variant through the Celevalley. Can anybody
Tell me if there exists a list of gite d'etappes, chambre d'hotes or albergues along the route. ( perhaps even actualised)
Thanks in advance

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There is a list called Rob’s List found on the Via Pod Facebook site. I walked it and there were a few places to stay. You have to book ahead and I’d recommend booking your meals as well. There was no cell service in the valley when I went through.

see https://www.caminowayoflife.com/rob-s-guides
And

Last edited:
End of august I will start the Via Podiensis. After Figeac I would like to walk the variant through the Celevalley. Can anybody
Tell me if there exists a list of gite d'etappes, chambre d'hotes or albergues along the route. ( perhaps even actualised)
Thanks in advance
Check out the next thread down!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes I know, but I don't want to buy another guidebook;for just 3 days walking. I have got the other 2 Miami Miami dodos

You can try this website (which is run by the people who publish the Miam Miam Dodo):

You can select the sections you want, and I think the information is as current as it can be in these Covid conditions.

Bon chemin !

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is a list called Rob’s List found on the Via Pod Facebook site. I walked it and there were a few places to stay. You have to book ahead and I’d recommend booking your meals as well. There was no cell service in the valley when I went through.

And
I know Rob's list. It does not include the Celeroute

Thanks in advance
Some places to stay in the Cele Valley from our camino in 2019. I've cut and pasted it from cut from my walking plan and booking list. (The gîtes listed are in the second town mentioned in each entry.) All were very good. Two things to consider - don't miss the Pech Merle Caves near Cabrerets and ask the owner of the Gite du Galante in Marcilhac to arrange kayak rentals for the trip down stream between Marcilhac and Cabrerets. Its a nice break from the walking and a pleasant way to spend the day. The kayak rental operator will deliver your pack to Cabrerets and will pick up the kayaks there.

~ Figeac --> Espagnac-Saint-Euluia (25 km) – Booked: Gîte Communal, Tel: 05 65 11 42 66, giteespagnac@orange.fr ,
www.espagnac-ste-eulalie.fr

~ Espagnac-Saint-Euluia --> Marcilhac-sur-Céle – Booked: Le Gite du Galante (demi-pension), Deposit €20 sent by Xoom.com Track
no. X6R39XGC, Tel: 05 65 34 23 97, Email: contact@gitedegalance.fr

~ Marcilhac-sur-Céle --> Cabrerets (19 km). -- Booked: Le Refuge du Célé, email: refugeducele@gmail.com, Tel: 05 65 31 20 15

~ VISIT Pech Merle Caves morning NLT 10:00 arrival. (2.5 km from Cabrerets)

~ Then walk Pech Merle --> Pasturat (~10 km)
Booked: Le Relais du Pasturat (2 beds) Email: gitescharazac@hotmail.com €35 demi-pension @.
Anne Marie Charazac

~ Pasturat --> Cahors (15 or 20 km depending on route) -- Booked: Chez Pierre, 62 Rue Brives. Twin room €50, Tel: 06 09 96 28 32,
Email: noderpac@gmail.com , Saturday = market day @ Cahors

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Some places to stay in the Cele Valley from our camino in 2019. I've cut and pasted it from cut from my walking plan and booking list. (The gîtes listed are in the second town mentioned in each entry.) All were very good. Two things to consider - don't miss the Pech Merle Caves near Cabrerets and ask the owner of the Gite du Galante in Marcilhac to arrange kayak rentals for the trip down stream between Marcilhac and Cabrerets. Its a nice break from the walking and a pleasant way to spend the day. The kayak rental operator will deliver your pack to Cabrerets and will pick up the kayaks there.

~ Figeac --> Espagnac-Saint-Euluia (25 km) – Booked: Gîte Communal, Tel: 05 65 11 42 66, giteespagnac@orange.fr ,

~ Espagnac-Saint-Euluia --> Marcilhac-sur-Céle – Booked: Le Gite du Galante (demi-pension), Deposit €20 sent by Xoom.com Track

~ Marcilhac-sur-Céle --> Cabrerets (19 km). -- Booked: Le Refuge du Célé, email: refugeducele@gmail.com, Tel: 05 65 31 20 15

Booked: Le Relais du Pasturat (2 beds) Email: gitescharazac@hotmail.com €35 demi-pension @.
Anne Marie Charazac

~ Pasturat --> Cahors (15 or 20 km depending on route) -- Booked: Chez Pierre, 62 Rue Brives. Twin room €50, Tel: 06 09 96 28 32,
Thanks very much for this useful information. I don 't know about the canoing though. Certainly if the canoes are for single use. I'll see it when I get there

If you join the FB forum page on the Via Podiensis, search the files for Rob's Guide and Bronwyn Perry had a file on the Cele with recommended lodgings in 2019. Off the top of my head so excuse the spelling, when we took the Cele in May 2019, we spent a night before starting at La Bedigas in Beduer. Next day at the municipal gite in Espagnac, but if that's too soon to stop, continue to Marcilhac and the terrific Gite de Galance. On to Cabrerets and Gite du Bary. There is a recommended hotel and another gite as well as a horse farm beyond Pech Merle. Make sure to visit the caves and prehistoric paintings at Pech Merle. We had our best meal of the chemin at the restaurant affiliated with Gite du Bary. From there we went to Pasturat where there was only one gite. After Cabrerets, at Bouzies, you could divert to visit Le Cirq Popi. Finally from Pasturat to Cahors via GR36 and for a stay at Gite Papillon Vert. The Cele variant was beautiful and well worth the diversion. Bon chemin.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks in advance
Bonjour Antonius! Three or four years ago I prepared a guide to the «GR651 : variante de Vallée du Célé» at the request of another pilgrim / hiker ... I updated it in 2019 and again early last year ... it is still very current ... I can post here shortly ... I first need to locate the file ...

Anne Marie Charazac

Here is some info.
Here is some info.

If you join the FB forum page on the Via Podiensis, search the files for Rob's Guide and Bronwyn Perry had a file on the Cele with recommended lodgings in 2019. Off the top of my head so excuse the spelling, when we took the Cele in May 2019, we spent a night before starting at La Bedigas in Beduer. Next day at the municipal gite in Espagnac, but if that's too soon to stop, continue to Marcilhac and the terrific Gite de Galance. On to Cabrerets and Gite du Bary. There is a recommended hotel and another gite as well as a horse farm beyond Pech Merle. Make sure to visit the caves and prehistoric paintings at Pech Merle. We had our best meal of the chemin at the restaurant affiliated with Gite du Bary. From there we went to Pasturat where there was only one gite. After Cabrerets, at Bouzies, you could divert to visit Le Cirq Popi. Finally from Pasturat to Cahors via GR36 and for a stay at Gite Papillon Vert. The Cele variant was beautiful and well worth the diversion. Bon chemin.

Thanks very much everybody. I am confident I will make good use of all the information you have given

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bonjour Antonius! Three or four years ago I prepared a guide to the «GR651 : variante de Vallée du Célé» at the request of another pilgrim / hiker ... I updated it in 2019 and again early last year ... it is still very current ... I can post here shortly ... I first need to locate the file ...
I am looking forward to this

I am looking forward to this
need a hit of coffee first ☕️ but I will locate the file ... my little guide details all the main stopping points for refreshments and accommodation plus an extensive list of accomm. options on the endpages [should you find others fully-booked] ... coffee time ☕🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️

And

the mobile [cell phone] service has improved significantly in the past couple of years due to upgrading of infrastructure … I had no particular issues in 2019 and less now 😉

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks in advance
Bonjour Antonius‼️ I have decided, in the interests of currency, to update the guide for 2021 as best I can, so that will take me an hour or two or three … I will post the updated version asap 🙏

Bonjour Antonius! Well, that not-so-little update took a lot longer than I expected ... more like three days than three hours 🤣 mais voilà‼️ for better or for worse, here it is attached ... .pdf file two-pages-up so that it can be printed back-to-back and folded in half to make a small booklet ...

Attachments

• CéléValleyVariante2021V2.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 107
Bonjour Antonius! Well, that not-so-little update took a lot longer than I expected ... more like three days than three hours 🤣 mais voilà‼️ for better or for worse, here it is attached ... .pdf file two-pages-up so that it can be printed back-to-back and folded in half to make a small booklet ...
Thank you very much for this very extensive and valuable information. I will print it out. I wish you a buen Camino for possible Camino's in the future

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you very much for this very extensive and valuable information. I will print it out. I wish you a buen Camino for possible Camino's in the future
Je vous en prie, Antonius 🙏 You will also find that the info. is pretty well up-to-date🤞 Hopefully, I can get back to France in 2022 but not this year ... our borders are firmly closed with double bolts in place 😉

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back