• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Login issue and double posting?

WGroleau

Wandering Weirdo aka 伟思礼
Time of past OR future Camino
2015–2018 (partial)
This has happened several times recently. I log in, read some posts, and reply to one of them. But it then says "you have to login first." So I log in again, and then my post is there twice.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This has happened several times recently. I log in, read some posts, and reply to one of them. But it then says "you have to login first." So I log in again, and then my post is there twice.
I also have problems accessing the forum. when I try and sign in I always have to get a code sent. This doesn’t always work and I have to try several times. When it does, I check to remember the device for 30 days, but this doesn’t work. I have to try with a code every time. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I always have to get a code sent.
I have never had to use a code to sign in. This sounds like 2-factor authentication and likely to be connected to the sign-in setup on your phone, rather than the Forum. However, I'll need to leave further explanation to others with more knowledge!

I also have problems accessing the forum. when I try and sign in I always have to get a code sent. This doesn’t always work and I have to try several times. When it does, I check to remember the device for 30 days, but this doesn’t work. I have to try with a code every time. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Two step verification (where you need to enter a code) is an option on the forum but you can disable it. Go to 'Passwords and Security' under your Account, and the two- factor option is at the top - you can disable it there.

Two step verification (where you need to enter a code) is an option on the forum but you can disable it. Go to 'Passwords and Security' under your Account, and the two- factor option is at the top - you can disable it there.
Thank you so much. I think I just disabled it. This will make accessing and using the forum a lot easier for me!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
And possibly @WGroleau I suspect that your issues are related to your Cookie settings.

These days when we first access a European and many other websites we get asked to Accept Cookie settings or we can choose to have difference classes of Cookies accepted or rejected. There is often a Cookie class called "Functional" Cookies. If you turned this off when you first accessed the Forum then that may well be related to your sign-on issues.

@wanda others have already mentioned that if you dont want two-factor authentication then you can turn if off. I prefer to keep it turned on. That your situation is not remembering to keep you authenticated is, as I said probably related to your Cookies because that is how the Forum software remembers you. The other alternative, also Cookie related, is that you have a setting in your browser that is automatically clearing your cookies when you sign off from the forum.

And possibly @WGroleau I suspect that your issues are related to your Cookie settings.

These days when we first access a European and many other websites we get asked to Accept Cookie settings or we can choose to have difference classes of Cookies accepted or rejected. There is often a Cookie class called "Functional" Cookies. If you turned this off when you first accessed the Forum then that may well be related to your sign-on issues.

@wanda others have already mentioned that if you dont want two-factor authentication then you can turn if off. I prefer to keep it turned on. That your situation is not remembering to keep you authenticated is, as I said probably related to your Cookies because that is how the Forum software remembers you. The other alternative, also Cookie related, is that you have a setting in your browser that is automatically clearing your cookies when you sign off from the forum.
Thanks for the info. I will also check cookie settings (or try) part of the problem is I am technically challenged! So far, turning off 2-factor authentication has definitely helped.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.