Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Logistics from Madrid to Pamplona with a bike

Gbadgley

Hi,

The present plan is to land in Madrid with a bike in a cardboard box, and then recycle the box at the airport. From there I am not clear on the best way to get to Pamplona with a bike. Can I roll the bike onto a train, or a bus, or do they require that it be packed in a box? Obviously, damage to the bike is a significant issue. Thanks in advance for any input.

gary

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

mspath

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Hi,

The present plan is to land in Madrid with a bike in a cardboard box, and then recycle the box at the airport. From there I am not clear on the best way to get to Pamplona with a bike. Can I roll the bike onto a train, or a bus, or do they require that it be packed in a box? Obviously, damage to the bike is a significant issue. Thanks in advance for any input.

gary

Gary,

For information on taking bikes on Spanish RENFE trains see this web page >> http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/info/bicicletas.html. If English is needed copy the info and run it through Google translate.

Be sure to check out the helpful Forum topic on biking the camino

Happy biking and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated