• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logroño

crhutch

Time of past OR future Camino
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
We are in Logroño and we leave in a little while to Naverette. We are currently in the public library posting! A couple of days ago we met an Irish couple who were really nice but were terrors about walking. We ended up walking with them for two days putting on some real mileage. The first day with them we walked almost 16 miles, the next over seventeen. We parted company yesterday as they were going to walk about 25 miles. We did another 17 to get here yesterday. We were so tired when we got here we decided instead of a pilgrim albergue to got a hotel room.

The weather has been kind to us. Mostly sun but we have had a few showers. Today was supposed to be ugly, but it bright blue outside with not a cloud in the sky.

We are having a great time. Good food, wine, coffee, people what else could we ask for?

Logroño is the first big town in La Rioja (Rioja is the great Spanish wine appellation) and is well known for it's tapas. Last night after we rested a bit we went out for tapas and wine. Some very good eats and drink. But we were so tired we could not stay out long.

For all the talk of not many Americans on the road we have seen a few. On our first couple days we kept running into tow young men, one from Canada the other from Vermont. They adoped us as their Camino parents. The Canadian was a bit nuts....he walked 8 kms of the Napolean trail barefooted, before he came to his senses. We also ran into an old California hippie.

Palma and I have decided she´ll try and keep our blog up to date and I´ll post to the forum. This internet stuff is a bit dicey. Trying to keep up is hard for us old people. But we will prevail.

Ultreia!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.