• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logrono Calle Laurel Pintxo Bar Ratings. Tipperary to Santiago Day 81:

Kevin Considine

Time of past OR future Camino
LOGRONO CALLE LAUREL PINTXO BAR RATINGS. Tipperary to Santiago Day 81:

Yesterday I visited Calle Laurel in Logrono to sample Pintxo’s from some of top rated Bars. Results are a compromise based on opinions of me and my companions; Ballosino from Lucca, Italy, Lilly from Berlin, and Hannah from London. I also used some sampling from 2016 as well. Anything under an 8 was ok but not worth coming back for. 8-9 was worth returning for. Above 9 is worth making a special trip to.

LA TAVINA. Great spot on a corner of Calle Laurel:

1.Raw tuna with sesame seed coating with pineapple and onion salsa. 9.5. Wonderful flavors.
2.Pastel de carne y boletus: Beef and mushrooms baked in a cream sauce. 9.5. Loved this simple dish.

PASSION POR TI. Would like to return and try more as they had some interesting alternatives:
1.Trufoie: Truffled potato and foie gras with egg and olive oil boiled at low temperature for 2 hours. 8.5 Delicious and different blend of flavors.

BAR ANGEL. Known for their pickup window where we hung out. Great spot.
1. 3 grilled in oil and garlic mushroom caps on a slice of baguette crowned with a small shrimp. That is the only choice here. 8.5. Deliciously simple dish liked very much by the vegetarians in our group.
564F91CA-31F1-4C88-B1A8-308E84EB2574.jpeg
BAR SORIANO. This is an old classic. Probably the same decor as 50 years ago. But I loved the vibes.
1. Same dish as Bar Angel. Unfortunately they were closed for a two week vacation. But I rated this an 8 in 2016. I think it's a toss up between the two.

BAR CID:
1. Grilled oyster mushrooms in a garlic sauce. Again their only dish. 8. I preferred the mushroom caps at Bar Angel.

LETRAS DE LAUREL. We should have left here earlier but we were having a good time:
1. Croqueta de Espinaca: spinach and potato covered in peanuts. 8.9. This was a big favorite with the vegetarians in our group.
2. Pisto Riojana: Poached egg surrounded by a wall of vegetables. 8.5. Great flavors.
3. Calamari Rabas: 7.7
4. Croqueta de Jamon(Ham): 7
5. Asperagus and Jamon plate: 7.9

BAR LORENZO. This is the place for meat lovers on a budget:
1. Tio Agus Spicy Pork Sandwich: 9. This tasty little dish blended well with a glass of Rioja.
2. Chistorra. Not sure but I think this was chorizo on a stick. 9.

BODEGUILLA LOS ROTOS. Specialize in delicious sandwiches made with scrambled eggs:
1. Egg with mushrooms. 8.5
2. Egg with chorizo. 8.6

TORECILLA. Best Foie Gras on The Camino Frances:
1. Foie Gras: Had this with an upgraded glass of Rioja Crianza. 9.9. I was a bit startled at how good this was getting weak in the knees and it paired perfectly with the wine. I think it was the flavorful add of a bit of cheese and onion that gives Torecilla the slight edge over the Foie at Bar Gaucho in Pamplona.

DELLASERRA HELADERIA. Carrie Vallone said this was one of the top 10 Ice Cream shops in Spain so I insisted to the group we had to stop there at 10:30 last night and there was a line of 50 people waiting. She was right:
Strawberry 9.
Chocolate Straciatella 9.
Lemon Sorbet 9.

Might have even gotten a higher rating but David is Italian and a bit biased to Italian Gelato.

Can’t wait to return here on next year’s Culinary Camino. So many more pintxos to try.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If your liking the pintxo bars in Logrono, you are in for a treat if you try the Tapas in Pamplona (Bar Gaucho) and the Tabernera do Bispo in Santiago.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks for your efforts on our behalf, I have always been too busy eating great food and drinking lovely vino tinto to rate the bars. :)

LOGRONO CALLE LAUREL PINTXO BAR RATINGS. Tipperary to Santiago Day 81:

Yesterday I visited Calle Laurel in Logrono to sample Pintxo’s from some of top rated Bars. Results are a compromise based on opinions of me and my companions; Ballosino from Lucca, Italy, Lilly from Berlin, and Hannah from London. I also used some sampling from 2016 as well. Anything under an 8 was ok but not worth coming back for. 8-9 was worth returning for. Above 9 is worth making a special trip to.

LA TAVINA. Great spot on a corner of Calle Laurel:

1.Raw tuna with sesame seed coating with pineapple and onion salsa. 9.5. Wonderful flavors.
2.Pastel de carne y boletus: Beef and mushrooms baked in a cream sauce. 9.5. Loved this simple dish.

PASSION POR TI. Would like to return and try more as they had some interesting alternatives:
1.Trufoie: Truffled potato and foie gras with egg and olive oil boiled at low temperature for 2 hours. 8.5 Delicious and different blend of flavors.

BAR ANGEL. Known for their pickup window where we hung out. Great spot.
1. 3 grilled in oil and garlic mushroom caps on a slice of baguette crowned with a small shrimp. That is the only choice here. 8.5. Deliciously simple dish liked very much by the vegetarians in our group.
View attachment 45186
BAR SORIANO. This is an old classic. Probably the same decor as 50 years ago. But I loved the vibes.
1. Same dish as Bar Angel. Unfortunately they were closed for a two week vacation. But I rated this an 8 in 2016. I think it's a toss up between the two.

BAR CID:
1. Grilled oyster mushrooms in a garlic sauce. Again their only dish. 8. I preferred the mushroom caps at Bar Angel.

LETRAS DE LAUREL. We should have left here earlier but we were having a good time:
1. Croqueta de Espinaca: spinach and potato covered in peanuts. 8.9. This was a big favorite with the vegetarians in our group.
2. Pisto Riojana: Poached egg surrounded by a wall of vegetables. 8.5. Great flavors.
3. Calamari Rabas: 7.7
4. Croqueta de Jamon(Ham): 7
5. Asperagus and Jamon plate: 7.9

BAR LORENZO. This is the place for meat lovers on a budget:
1. Tio Agus Spicy Pork Sandwich: 9. This tasty little dish blended well with a glass of Rioja.
2. Chistorra. Not sure but I think this was chorizo on a stick. 9.

BODEGUILLA LOS ROTOS. Specialize in delicious sandwiches made with scrambled eggs:
1. Egg with mushrooms. 8.5
2. Egg with chorizo. 8.6

TORECILLA. Best Foie Gras on The Camino Frances:
1. Foie Gras: Had this with an upgraded glass of Rioja Crianza. 9.9. I was a bit startled at how good this was getting weak in the knees and it paired perfectly with the wine. I think it was the flavorful add of a bit of cheese and onion that gives Torecilla the slight edge over the Foie at Bar Gaucho in Pamplona.

DELLASERRA HELADERIA. Carrie Vallone said this was one of the top 10 Ice Cream shops in Spain so I insisted to the group we had to stop there at 10:30 last night and there was a line of 50 people waiting. She was right:
Strawberry 9.
Chocolate Straciatella 9.
Lemon Sorbet 9.

Might have even gotten a higher rating but David is Italian and a bit biased to Italian Gelato.

Can’t wait to return here on next year’s Culinary Camino. So many more pintxos to try.

Chistorra and chorizo are similar but there some differences. Stuff is the same o very similar, pork meat, fat parts of pork, bacon etc, salt, paprika (sweet or hot), and garlic. Chistorra is uncured and you cannot eat without cooking, you must fry or roast, ideal for barbacoa, before and it is thinner than chorizo more or less 1 or 1,5 cm thick. Chorizo usualy is thicker than chistorra abot 3 cm, it is cured and you can eat it directly in slices, you also can eat it fresh as chistorra.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Laurel area is not only laurel street, there are some next streets like San Agustín with some bars but less massified try to enjoy it. I recommend you also Sierra la Hez very traditional pickled tapes. In San Agustín near to The Rotos visit La Taberna de Baco, you have alot of options to choose and a tomato salad very good. And dont forget San Juan street next to the La Redonda cathedral. When you drink wine dont ask only for a rioja wine, choose one of the list on the board, drink it slowly, taste it, enjoy. It matters .

Laurel area is not only laurel street, there are some next streets like San Agustín with some bars but less massified try to enjoy it. I recommend you also Sierra la Hez very traditional pickled tapes. In San Agustín near to The Rotos visit La Taberna de Baco, you have alot of options to choose and a tomato salad very good. And dont forget San Juan street next to the La Redonda cathedral. When you drink wine dont ask only for a rioja wine, choose one of the list on the board, drink it slowly, taste it, enjoy. It matters .
You definitely know what you are talking about :D

The last two visits I was lucky enough to have friend who has lived all his life (60 years) in Logrono as a guide. As already stated Calle de Laurel is not the only attraction.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back