• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logrono to Biarritz

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de France,Camino del Norte
Hi guys,very new here planning my journey in 2023,but just looking for advice on travelling from logrono back to Biarritz airport,many thanks,Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi guys,very new here planning my journey in 2023,but just looking for advice on travelling from logrono back to Biarritz airport,many thanks,Buen Camino

Logrono to San Sebastion then one hour to Biarritz.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Logrono to San Sebastion then one hour to Biarritz.
The best way to get from Logroño to Donostia / San Sebastián is to bus which takes 3h 32m and costs €17 - €21. Alternatively, you can train, which costs €21 - €28 and takes 3h 56m.

The best way to get from Logroño to Donostia / San Sebastián is to bus which takes 3h 32m and costs €17 - €21. Alternatively, you can train, which costs €21 - €28 and takes 3h 56m.
Make sure bus stops at Biarritz airport most do, or spend night in Biarritz

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Planning my first journey in May, 2023. Flying into Biarritz. How difficult is the walk from Biarritz to Saint Jean Pied de Pont? For me, the journey is the aim, not locked into specific starts and stops.

Planning my first journey in May, 2023. Flying into Biarritz. How difficult is the walk from Biarritz to Saint Jean Pied de Pont? For me, the journey is the aim, not locked into specific starts and stops.
Try searching the forum for the Voie de Nive. This thread caminka’s voie de la nive in 2022 may help you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looked at rome2rio but wasn't really sure about the routes and changes was kinda hoping someone did it and knew which lines or routes to use,but no worries will look again,thanks
I've not done Logroño to Biarritz as such but I've used public transport for getting to or from Bilbao airport and Biarritz airport to or from Camino Francés towns. A quick look at current offers and I might go for this option:
  • Logroño to Pamplona with La Estellesa bus - 2 hours
  • Pamplona to Biarritz airport with Alsa bus - 2:40 hours
Buen Camino!

I've not done Logroño to Biarritz as such but I've used public transport for getting to or from Bilbao airport and Biarritz airport to or from Camino Francés towns. A quick look at current offers and I might go for this option:
  • Logroño to Pamplona with La Estellesa bus - 2 hours
  • Pamplona to Biarritz airport with Alsa bus - 2:40 hours
Buen Camino!
Thanks for the info kathar1na,buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Where can you fly to, from Logrono ?
If you go to the Logroño airport website, it should reveal what airlines use that airfield and their status on arrivals and departures should say what destinations are served.

If you go to the Logroño airport website, it should reveal what airlines use that airfield and their status on arrivals and departures should say what destinations are served.
Yes, I know that. I was wondering if the OP knew any different, as they don’t seem to fly to Ireland.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
No flights to ireland from logrono so for me it would be to fly from Biarritz or Bilbao
There's a direct bus from Bilbao to Logrono did it three times takes just over 2.30 hrs get bus from termibus Bilbao Intermodal, previously known as Termibus, is the main bus station of Bilbao and it is located beside San Mamés Stadium. The bus terminal is linked to the San Mamés underground, tram and commuter rail station. Termibus is the starting point of the BizkaiBus A3247 bus line to the Bilbao Airport. rear of white building great subway in Bilbao. .

Last edited:
You can bus to San Sebastián and then walk to either Bilbao or Biarritz if you have a little extra time in your schedule. Just a thought.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@JimG59 and @WalkingMan - We flew from Logrono to Geneva via Madrid on Iberia Airlines. Logrono airport has two gates, so very small and no waiting in lines (no lines). Once in Madrid, the transfer was very easy (the ticket was through to Geneva and we did not check luggage). We had a three hour connection and we had plenty of time. Our daughter flew to Copenhagen from Logrono via Madrid (we were on the same flight into Madrid). I was worried about flying via Madrid because we once had a five hour wait at passport control and almost missed our flight to London. We did not have to go through the enormous passport control line in Madrid on our Logono to Geneva or the Logrono to Copenhagen flights.

I did a search on Logrono to Dublin for May 2023 (my favorite month on that part of the CF :) ). There are flights, but they are only three times a week. See attached. Happy Planning.

Attachments

• Logrono to Dublin.JPG
    Logrono to Dublin.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 8
@JimG59 and @WalkingMan - We flew from Logrono to Geneva via Madrid on Iberia Airlines. Logrono airport has two gates, so very small and no waiting in lines (no lines). Once in Madrid, the transfer was very easy (the ticket was through to Geneva and we did not check luggage). We had a three hour connection and we had plenty of time. Our daughter flew to Copenhagen from Logrono via Madrid (we were on the same flight into Madrid). I was worried about flying via Madrid because we once had a five hour wait at passport control and almost missed our flight to London. We did not have to go through the enormous passport control line in Madrid on our Logono to Geneva or the Logrono to Copenhagen flights.

I did a search on Logrono to Dublin for May 2023 (my favorite month on that part of the CF :) ). There are flights, but they are only three times a week. See attached. Happy Planning.
Take the bus.

Many thanks for the info

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back