• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logrono to France

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Hello - I'm trying to find a transport route from Logrono back to either Bayonne or Biarritz or even Hendaye? I have two friends who are walking to Logrono but need to find a way home in Dax. I've checked on Rome2Rio and Alsa and La Estella but I'm not finding any options for a bus? Is it that their websites are not up to date? Has anyone used any of the buses recently and been able to book tickets?

They are travelling on the 11 September 2021 - I'm just wondering what I'm missing? There is a train but it involves about 4 changes... so something easier would be better.

(EDIT - I can find a bus from San Sebastian to Dax which is cool... just need to get to San Sebastian :D )

(thank you)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
two guesses (have not done the trip myself)
1. At this time, timetables for buses seem to be published only a few days or weeks ahead. Maybe check for an earlier date (but same day of week).
2. You might be more lucky if you look for a passage to Irun, then walk over the river into France (Hendaye). You should be able to take the train to Bayonne or even Dax from there.

I've bussed (Alsa) from Logrono to Bilbao. From there there are trains to Irun

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can find a bus from San Sebastian to Dax which is cool... just need to get to San Sebastian
They've rearranged the bus concessions in Navarra so there are some changes compared to previous years. The contract holder for the regular service Logroño to San Sebastián is La Estellesa. Their current published timetable ends on 7 September 2021 but until then there are two daily buses, even on Saturday and Sunday. It takes 2h 15 min to get there, departure time in Logroño is 7:30 and 16:00.

Hi, did it in 2019, you can take a Bus from a company La Estellesa from Logroño to San Sebastian and to Irun, cross the border and then you are in Hendaye

Last edited:
Hi, did it in 2019, you can take a Bus from a company La Estellesa from Logroño to San Sebastian, this bus will take you up to Irun, cross the border and then you are in Hendaye
Excellent! It's the same bus as mentioned earlier, it goes not only to San Sebastian but further to Irun with final bus stop at Puente de Santiago.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have often taken the bus mentioned by Kathar1na. It always stopped on the French side of the Puente de Santiago on the rue de Béhobie. It was an easy 5 minute walk to SNCF Gare de Hendaye.

As you easily cross the international bridge between Hendaye, France and Irun, Spain do pause for a moment to ponder the chances of history and remember the multitudes who crossed that bridge in great danger during WW2. Read more about the importance of this bridge towards freedom and the assistance provided refugees in this reportage dated 02 July 2017 in The Washington Post.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello - I'm trying to find a transport route from Logrono back to either Bayonne or Biarritz or even Hendaye? I have two friends who are walking to Logrono but need to find a way home in Dax. I've checked on Rome2Rio and Alsa and La Estella but I'm not finding any options for a bus? Is it that their websites are not up to date? Has anyone used any of the buses recently and been able to book tickets?

They are travelling on the 11 September 2021 - I'm just wondering what I'm missing? There is a train but it involves about 4 changes... so something easier would be better.

(EDIT - I can find a bus from San Sebastian to Dax which is cool... just need to get to San Sebastian :D )

(thank you)
Have you looked into blablacar.com . It's a ride share sort of thing, where you try to match up with someone who is going the place you want to go. We have done this a couple of times and it is great!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back