• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logrono to Lavacolla transportation wanted

MicheleL

Time of past OR future Camino
08/24/23
Anyone know best way to get from logrono yo lavacolla? I am not seeing a train or simple bus route? We are ending this portion at logrono and then getting transportation to.lavacolla to walk into santiago . We will rent a car in santiago and go coastal route to san sebastian ...
If we rent a car in logrono, is it possible to park in lavacolla?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There won't be any kind of direct route. Lavacolla is a suburb of Santiago and it is where the airport is located. You may need to go to Madrid, then Santiago then bus or cab out to Lavacolla so you may want to rethink.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Anyone know best way to get from logrono yo lavacolla? I am not seeing a train or simple bus route? We are ending this portion at logrono and then getting transportation to.lavacolla to walk into santiago . We will rent a car in santiago and go coastal route to san sebastian ...
If we rent a car in logrono, is it possible to park in lavacolla?

Probably best to tell us what your complete plans are, as this sounds pretty disjointed. It sounds like you aren't interested in receiving a Compostela.

There won't be any kind of direct route. Lavacolla is a suburb of Santiago and it is where the airport is located. You may need to go to Madrid, then Santiago then bus or cab out to Lavacolla so you may want to rethink.
Thank you for this . Do you happen to know last town you can bus or train into outside santiago?

If you search using the trainline app you can see routes for both bus and train in many cases. Rome to Rio is also anither good app to try. It can take three different trains to get to Sarria which is the biggest town in the Camino Frances before Santiago with a train station. It takes about 11 or 12 hours. It might be better to go to the Norte first as you can get to San Sebastian easily from Logrono on the bus.

Maybe rethink the order of your plans and travel. Trains and buses are efficient in Spain, but not every town has the connections you want at the time you want.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It might be better to go to the Norte first as you can get to San Sebastian easily from Logrono on the bus.

Maybe rethink the order of your plans and travel. Trains and buses are efficient in Spain, but not every town has the connections you want at the time you want.
I agree

From your other posts, I gather that you are just starting your planning, and you have limited knowledge of the Camino. You are starting your walk in SJPP, Roncesvalles or Pamplona, and then planning to finish in Logrono. Why do you want to take a bus/train 550 km and then walk 1 day into Santiago, only to rent a car to drive 675 km to San Sebastian? (Assuming you mean the city of San Sebastian in the northeast of Spain?) This makes little sense if you look at a map of Spain.

The walk from the outskirts of Santiago - e.g. Lavacolla is not even the nicest walk in the world - certainly not worth the journey you are describing.

Maybe walk to Logrono this year and take another chunk another year or start closer to Santiago (like Sarria) and walk on into Santiago this year?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Unless you have a reason to go to Santiago on foot on the last day, then drive back across Spain - you could just hire a car in Logrono, and drive from there. It seems you are taking the really long way - which would chew up some of your days in transportation.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hola, does anyone know if you can pay for a single municipal bus ride within Santiago city limits by tapping one's contactless payment card, similar to a London bus? Or do you have to purchase a...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back