A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

London to Coruña or Asturias.

2020 Camino Guides

Ian Afloat

Camino(s) past & future
CF July 25th 2017 from SJPDP
On previous trips to the Camino I’ve booked direct flights back to the UK at short notice from both Coruña and Asturias (Oviedo) airports. Trying to arrange flights next summer, but nothing direct is available. Is it just that the schedules aren’t published until nearer the time or will I need to arrange something else?

Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria (2015), SJPdP (2016), Burgos (2017), SJPdP (2018), Burgo (2019), SJPdP (2023?).
Maybe fly into Pamplona? Easy bus to St Jean from there if you want to start the Frances at St Jean.

mylifeonvacation

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inglés (from Ferrol June 2014)
Camino Portuguese (from Tui May 2015)
I haven't seen anything that that direct flight to A Coruña being eliminated. I'm suspecting that the direct flights just aren't published yet. I've noticed when looking in advance for that same Heathrow - A Coruña flight that the direct isn't available until a few months prior to the flight date.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - León, Camino Frances (2012 - 2019)
I think the sad fact is that there no longer are direct flights from/to either A Coruña or Asturias and London. I have previously flown to both with Iberia and easyJet, but neither those, or any other airline I can find, flies either route. I'd love to be proved wrong!

Ian Afloat

Camino(s) past & future
CF July 25th 2017 from SJPDP
I haven't seen anything that that direct flight to A Coruña being eliminated. I'm suspecting that the direct flights just aren't published yet. I've noticed when looking in advance for that same Heathrow - A Coruña flight that the direct isn't available until a few months prior to the flight date.
That’s what I thought might be the case. I’m wanting to get to Coruña or Oviedo so I can take the narrow gauge train to Grado.

bmcbride

CVRambler
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014), Camino Inca (2015), Primitivo (2017), Portugues (2018), Finisterre (2018)
I've been checking flights from AST to LGW for next summer. Vueling flies direct, but only on Tuesdays and Fridays. Aer Lingus also has a direct flight from Santiago de Compostela to Dublin.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - León, Camino Frances (2012 - 2019)
That'll teach me to rely on Skyscanner.

Further research shows that Vueling fly daily from Heathrow to A Coruña up to 28 March 2020 - I assume that they'll continue doing so but just haven't timetabled it yet.

mylifeonvacation

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inglés (from Ferrol June 2014)
Camino Portuguese (from Tui May 2015)
That'll teach me to rely on Skyscanner.

Further research shows that Vueling fly daily from Heathrow to A Coruña up to 28 March 2020 - I assume that they'll continue doing so but just haven't timetabled it yet.
Yeah, it had me worried too when that direct wasn't showing up during my travel planning - I also think it's just that Vueling doesn't publish so far out. It's a popular flight!

Donjek

Camino(s) past & future
2012 SJPdP - Fisterra
On previous trips to the Camino I’ve booked direct flights back to the UK at short notice from both Coruña and Asturias (Oviedo) airports. Trying to arrange flights next summer, but nothing direct is available. Is it just that the schedules aren’t published until nearer the time or will I need to arrange something else?
Here is Aena website for A Coruña and Asturias airports. The websites indicate airlines that provide service and destinations that they connect to. Often there are not flights in winter ... and so its too early to find them for next summer.

Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria (2015), SJPdP (2016), Burgos (2017), SJPdP (2018), Burgo (2019), SJPdP (2023?).

Click on the links. Gives flights for London A Coruna and Asturias

steeze

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Madrid
Thanks for the info, I also looking for direct flights. Most posters on this forum seem to advise pre-booking transfers from the airport, and I just wanted to see if this is necessary? Do I need to pre-book a Taxi from Coruna Airport? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to get a taxi at the airport?

Last edited:

Peligro

I walk between cafe breaks
Camino(s) past & future
St. Jean to SdC the slow way (Aug'15, Aug'17, Jan'18, Aug'18, Jan'19, Jul'19) Finisterre (TBD)
If you look up an airport in Wikipedia they list all the direct flights to and from that airport. That's how I found the Vueling flight to Oviedo from Gatwick. It turns out I'll fly though Madrid anyway but it was worth checking. I'm still shocked I'm flying to the start of the Primitivo!

Jacqueline17

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte (2016/2017)
Camino Ingles (2017)
Santiago to Muxia (2018)
I flew to Santiago de Compostela and caught the bus to A Coruña.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte Sept 2013
Camino del Norte Sept 2014
Camino del Norte 2015,16,17,18
In previous years I flew from London Stansted to Asturias Oviedo airport. Great connections to the Feve Train

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 277 24.4%