• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lone Peak 5 (Wide)

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2019. SJPdP 14 April 2022 to Finisterre
Altra Lone Pak 5 Wides don’t seem to be available in the UK, nor the Altra Olympus

I have just tried the 5s against the 5 Wides and there is a significant difference. The Wides, which I had sent from the US are, unsurprisingly wider! They are similar to the 4s I walked the Frances in 2 years ago, which were brilliant.

Both pairs fit well but I am 100% confident that if my feet swell, as I expect them to, the Wides will be a better bet.

I hope this is useful info to someone.

Anyone have anything to say about the cushioning of the Altra Olympus and any downsides?

Many thanks, Chris

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Altra Lone Pak 5 Wides don’t seem to be available in the UK, nor the Altra Olympus

I have just tried the 5s against the 5 Wides and there is a significant difference. The Wides, which I had sent from the US are, unsurprisingly wider! They are similar to the 4s I walked the Frances in 2 years ago, which were brilliant.

Both pairs fit well but I am 100% confident that if my feet swell, as I expect them to, the Wides will be a better bet.

Anyone have anything to say about the cushioning of the Altra Olympus and any downsides?

Many thanks, Chris
I've been wearing the Lone Peak 5 regular width, low-cut since May. They are great shoes for everyday use and light to moderate length hikes (for me)... if only they had just a little more cushioning (perhaps 4-5mm more stack height to get close to 30mm), they would be perfect.

So, earlier this month I bought the Olympus with high hopes they would be better (same performance as LP5 but with the additional cushioning). The cushioning was outstanding. However, after 25+ miles over the course of a week, I realized they weren't going to work. The heel area is much bigger than the LP5 and the regular width felt like a wide. I am certain I had the right size length. No matter how I cinched or tied them, the shoe was sloppy, so I returned them to REI.

Based on my experience with the Olympus and your desire to have a wider shoe, it might be exactly what you're looking for.

Next up for me in the hunt for the best shoe: The Hoka Stinson ATR 6.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've been wearing the Lone Peak 5 regular width, low-cut since May. They are great shoes for everyday use and light to moderate length hikes (for me)... if only they had just a little more cushioning (perhaps 4-5mm more stack height to get close to 30mm), they would be perfect.

So, earlier this month I bought the Olympus with high hopes they would be better (same performance as LP5 but with the additional cushioning). The cushioning was outstanding. However, after 25+ miles over the course of a week, I realized they weren't going to work. The heel area is much bigger than the LP5 and the regular width felt like a wide. I am certain I had the right size length. No matter how I cinched or tied them, the shoe was sloppy, so I returned them to REI.

Based on my experience with the Olympus and your desire to have a wider shoe, it might be exactly what you're looking for.

Next up for me in the hunt for the best shoe: The Hoka Stinson ATR 6.
Thank you. That is exceptionally helpful. I have also tried to get replacement insoles over here but the sale volumes of Altra are so low that its impossible to get any one to help

Question for the Altra Lone Peak fans — Is the 5 the first version to come in widths? I have walked in both the 4 and 4.5 and don’t remember having to choose a width.
I think the 5 is the first to come with a Wide option. My 4’s are significantly wider than the 5 regular size. Very noticeable.

My 4’s are significantly wider than the 5 regular
Thanks so much for that info. Where do you notice the difference, in the toe box, in the instep, the heel or somewhere else? The only part of my foot that’s wide is the toe box, and the Lone Peaks were the first shoe that were comfortable at the toe box without my feet feeling like they were swimming around in the rest of the shoe. Sounds like I need to try them both and compare.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks so much for that info. Where do you notice the difference, in the toe box, in the instep, the heel or somewhere else? The only part of my foot that’s wide is the toe box, and the Lone Peaks were the first shoe that were comfortable at the toe box without my feet feeling like they were swimming around in the rest of the shoe. Sounds like I need to try them both and compare.
The toe box in both the standard and wide is very generous and the main reason I selected Lone Peaks in the first place

My unscientific point of view, garnered only from wearing both at the same time and then the Wides for a couple of weeks, is that whereas the 5 standard fitted me perfectly it didn’t feel that I would have any room for swelling as the laces were fully let out already

The wide feels like it might slip about a bit if I didn’t tighten up the laces but so far I am very happy with them. The extra width is in the mid sole. I suspect that on closer examination it would be clear that this is where there’s extra width.

Just to repeat. The toe box is very broad in both on my toes don’t get anywhere near the sides or the front on both the standard or wides. They are brilliant at the moment, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they will lose their cushioning within 250 mikes.

As a precaution I plan to send a spare pair and other supplies to Leon and hang the expense! Not very pilgrim-like but I can donate the new or old ones debening on how emotionally attached I am to the pair that got me to Leon.

Hope this helps, please don’t hesitate to ask anything you want. I will post a comparison with the Olympus when they arrive. I have already discarded the Timps as an option but plan to tryout the Hoka Speedgoats, despite the absurd name and their ugliness

As a footnote. I have a pair of the all weather goretex Lows. They are fantastic for walking in freezing de-covered grass but in good weather days my feet begin to sweat very quickly

I will rely on my waterproof merino lined socks from Sealskinz for rain days

I bought LP5 wide from Northern Runner in Newcastle ( UK) in July, as far as I know they are the only stockist this side of the water. My initial impression was that they weren't much wider than my LP3 and was going to send them back, I thought I must have been sent the regular size but after checking the codes I realised they were correct. A few months on I'm more than happy with them they seem to have grown with use and I feel I have more than ample room which I don't with the the LP3, I had even gone half a size down with the LP5 in anticipation of them having enough space which they do. My only gripe is in wet conditions they are slightly slippy on rocky surfaces.
I also bought at the end of June the Altra Torin 5 Wide from Northern Runner, now they are big they make the LP5 seem narrow in the width comparisons, they are road running shoes but definitely have better grip when scrambling over rocky surfaces in the rain and feel a lot lighter than the LP5 wide ( which feel light) I have stopped using these Torins and will save them for a Camino next year, they will go in addition to the LP5 or the Altra Olympus.

The only part of my foot that’s wide is the toe box, and the Lone Peaks were the first shoe that were comfortable ...
I recently tried on the Lone Peak 5 regular width in a store, anticipating that with the model changes I would need a wide, but surprisingly the toe box in the regular width felt as generous as the toe box in my old regular width Lone Peak 4s. They didn't stock the wides, so I couldn't compare them (and I would have liked to try a regular on one foot and a wide on the other foot, just to feel the difference). I also tried on a Timp, but didn't find them as comfortable as the older model with the asymmetrical lacing.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I recently tried on the Lone Peak 5 regular width in a store, anticipating that with the model changes I would need a wide, but surprisingly the toe box in the regular width felt as generous as the toe box in my old regular width Lone Peak 4s. They didn't stock the wides, so I couldn't compare them (and I would have liked to try a regular on one foot and a wide on the other foot, just to feel the difference). I also tried on a Timp, but didn't find them as comfortable as the older model with the asymmetrical lacing.
I think I feel exactly the same as you. The difference I noticed though was in the width of the midsole. I have small feet, ideal for bare foot waterskiing and not much else.

my concerns about the standard fitting of the LP 5 for my particularly odd feet is not the toe box, because it’s huge in the standard width and perhaps a bit clown-like in the wide fitting; however, for my feet, I found the midsole perfectly fitting in the standard width and very comfirtablue, but there was no room in the misole width if my feet swell.

I remember last Camino that by about Logroño that my feet had spread out in the LP4s such that with my injinji liners and my darn toughs, there was no further room to relax the laces. It was fine and I didn’t get ant blisters but there was no room for further loosening the laces other than downsizing to my thinner smart wool socks, which I did on warmer days.

what I am suggesting in my very long-winded reply is that your feet are probably not the same as mine and that toe box is of no concern in either width fitting because there’s acres of space in both around the toes.

hope that helps

Been Camino

I purchased my Lone Peak 5 wide from Northern Runner in the UK; they are significantly wider than the regular fit in the mid foot. My first pair of Altra shoes because the regular fit are too tight for me. I have plenty of room for Injinji toe liners with light merino socks on top. I lace using a runner's knot which means my foot stays snuggly in position without the rest of the laces being tight. If the ground is very uneven I will tighten the laces over my mid foot but usually I keep them quite loose there. I like the feel that my foot can flex and the toes work individually.

My Camino experiences have only involved walking for 2 weeks so far. Both times my feet felt tender especially under the heels come the end. I think I have banged them down when walking, probably when I was over-determined to get somewhere! As I practice walking in the LP's I am trying to be more mindful as I walk and not bash down with my feet. These shoes certainly make it easier to feel what you are doing and I enjoy the sensation feedback.

Having seen thru-hikers in the US using Lone Peak's they seem to last about 500 miles. If Covid allows I am hoping to walk the CF in Spring. I was assuming a new pair would see me from SJPP to the end....am I wrong?

I purchased my Lone Peak 5 wide from Northern Runner in the UK; they are significantly wider than the regular fit in the mid foot. My first pair of Altra shoes because the regular fit are too tight for me. I have plenty of room for Injinji toe liners with light merino socks on top. I lace using a runner's knot which means my foot stays snuggly in position without the rest of the laces being tight. If the ground is very uneven I will tighten the laces over my mid foot but usually I keep them quite loose there. I like the feel that my foot can flex and the toes work individually.

My Camino experiences have only involved walking for 2 weeks so far. Both times my feet felt tender especially under the heels come the end. I think I have banged them down when walking, probably when I was over-determined to get somewhere! As I practice walking in the LP's I am trying to be more mindful as I walk and not bash down with my feet. These shoes certainly make it easier to feel what you are doing and I enjoy the sensation feedback.

Having seen thru-hikers in the US using Lone Peak's they seem to last about 500 miles. If Covid allows I am hoping to walk the CF in Spring. I was assuming a new pair would see me from SJPP to the end....am I wrong?
I walked the Frances on one pair of LP4s just fine but I was aware halfway that they were less absorbent. I had noticed this in training beforehand and had tried to buy replacement insoles

I should stay that unlike the Tripple Crowners whose LPs seemed shot after 500 miles, on the less taxing Camino, mine were still in good condition externally at the end; they had just lost their road impact absorbency.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The toe box in both the standard and wide is very generous and the main reason I selected Lone Peaks in the first place

My unscientific point of view, garnered only from wearing both at the same time and then the Wides for a couple of weeks, is that whereas the 5 standard fitted me perfectly it didn’t feel that I would have any room for swelling as the laces were fully let out already

The wide feels like it might slip about a bit if I didn’t tighten up the laces but so far I am very happy with them. The extra width is in the mid sole. I suspect that on closer examination it would be clear that this is where there’s extra width.

Just to repeat. The toe box is very broad in both on my toes don’t get anywhere near the sides or the front on both the standard or wides. They are brilliant at the moment, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they will lose their cushioning within 250 mikes.

As a precaution I plan to send a spare pair and other supplies to Leon and hang the expense! Not very pilgrim-like but I can donate the new or old ones debening on how emotionally attached I am to the pair that got me to Leon.

Hope this helps, please don’t hesitate to ask anything you want. I will post a comparison with the Olympus when they arrive. I have already discarded the Timps as an option but plan to tryout the Hoka Speedgoats, despite the absurd name and their ugliness

As a footnote. I have a pair of the all weather goretex Lows. They are fantastic for walking in freezing de-covered grass but in good weather days my feet begin to sweat very quickly

I will rely on my waterproof merino lined socks from Sealskinz for rain days
FYI, my LP’s lasted the entire CF, but not much longer. Good idea to send the new ones ahead.

I have decided to order both a regular and a wide, compare them, and then send one back. As I was looking for a good source of Altras, REI popped up (not surprisingly). But what is surprising to me is the fact that Altra has made a “10th Anniversary” edition of their shoe.

The description says:

Celebrate the Lone Peak legacy with this 10th Anniversary Edition of the men's Altra Lone Peak 5 trail-running shoes, which feature a special retro look and materials inspired by the original.

So, does this mean that there are people who would buy this shoe because of its throwback look? Why would anyone buy a Lone Peak 5 made of materials “inspired” by the original, if the makers of the shoe have presumably stopped using those materials for good reason.

I realize I am kind of venting rather than asking a question. :oops: But I was surprised to see that the world of fashion and image plays a part in something as unglamorous as trying to find a shoe that won’t wreck your feet while you walk.

I wore LP5's on the 500 mile CF Sept/Oct 2021. I've worn them for years hiking in the Pacific NW. They weren't cushioned enough for me and my feet were very sore every night. They have amazing grip though so I never slipped. They were shot at the end, almost no tread left. I'm a woman and fairly light at 120 pounds. Since then I've tried the Olympus but my foot moved around too much. I also tried the Hoka Stinson. They were amazing, they held my feet well and had a ton of cushion. The downside is I don't have the same feel for what I'm walking on.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I can recommend the new timps. They’re like the lp with a bit more cushioning. They did need a few days of getting walked in but after that just perfect. They have a wee bit more resistance to water too (which the normal lp’s don’t have at all), so you’re feet aren’t soaked in the first 10mins in a downpour. I just finished the portoguese litoral + espiritual with them.
Just my 2 cents!

Many thanks, Chris
Just an obersevation from an old man: What do hiking shoes and mattress have in common?

I have decided to order both a regular and a wide, compare them, and then send one back. As I was looking for a good source of Altras, REI popped up (not surprisingly). But what is surprising to me is the fact that Altra has made a “10th Anniversary” edition of their shoe.

The description says:

Celebrate the Lone Peak legacy with this 10th Anniversary Edition of the men's Altra Lone Peak 5 trail-running shoes, which feature a special retro look and materials inspired by the original.

So, does this mean that there are people who would buy this shoe because of its throwback look? Why would anyone buy a Lone Peak 5 made of materials “inspired” by the original, if the makers of the shoe have presumably stopped using those materials for good reason.

I realize I am kind of venting rather than asking a question. :oops: But I was surprised to see that the world of fashion and image plays a part in something as unglamorous as trying to find a shoe that won’t wreck your feet while you walk.
🤣🤣🤣 I agree and suspect it's something to do with our age!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
They have amazing grip though so I never slipped.
The LP5's are differet to the previous, ones they are slightly slippy on rocky wet surfaces which isn't a problem on the CF apart from a couple of places potentially. My LP3 never slip and the only reason I think it's changed is because they are using a different compound on the soles, which might have more durability but then has taken away from its grip.. My Torins have a different compound and no traditional grips like trails shoes but they stick to wet surfaces, if they weren't so fragile I would only consider them as my sole footwear for caminos, they are the most comfortable and light shoes I have ever had. My planning for routes next year means I know I will end up on quite rough trails and with at least one downward descent on a potentially dangerous place if it it is wet, so I taking my Torins in addition to a more sturdy Altra to give me safety at those locations, the Torins are lighter than some sandals I have had.

Burn Camino

The Timps are a good shoe, I’m just concerned about the grip and durability. I’m thinking about wearing non-gortex boots , appreciate they will be heavier bu5 thinking I’ll need the ankle support at a point

The Timps are a good shoe, I’m just concerned about the grip and durability. I’m thinking about wearing non-gortex boots , appreciate they will be heavier bu5 thinking I’ll need the ankle support at a point
I only recently took the bold step ( for me) of putting my mids to one side and confronting my fear of going over on my ankles, I wore Altra Olympus on the Camino in winter 2019. The decision was forced on me by walking in mids on the Cam de Lana in 2018 which turned out to be very bad for my feet, I developed a very painful bunion on my left foot from them I didn't didn't do any training or hiking for over a year, I knew afterwards that the footwear which would be able to accommodate my feet without squashing them were all mostly low cut, so I took a chance and from mid 2019 I built up the strength in my ankles by walking in low cut altras, and it worked. The only time I felt my ankles was going to flip on Camino was on a wet and windy descent into Acebo when I was feeling very tired, and even then I had let myself be pressured into going on the rocky trail when my instinct was saying stay on the road.
So you can build up ankle strength but it needs preparation before the Camino.

Altra makes a Lonepeak Vflex in both mesh and waterproof. I use the waterproof for winter hiking in the Seattle area they work great.

Many thanks, Chris
It's infuriating, isn't it? I have my bike shoes sent from the US for the same reason. I don't even have the option of buying men's shoes which are usually cut wider because I take a small size.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I only recently took the bold step ( for me) of putting my mids to one side and confronting my fear of going over on my ankles, I wore Altra Olympus on the Camino in winter 2019. The decision was forced on me by walking in mids on the Cam de Lana in 2018 which turned out to be very bad for my feet, I developed a very painful bunion on my left foot from them I didn't didn't do any training or hiking for over a year, I knew afterwards that the footwear which would be able to accommodate my feet without squashing them were all mostly low cut, so I took a chance and from mid 2019 I built up the strength in my ankles by walking in low cut altras, and it worked. The only time I felt my ankles was going to flip on Camino was on a wet and windy descent into Acebo when I was feeling very tired, and even then I had let myself be pressured into going on the rocky trail when my instinct was saying stay on the road.
The statistics show that mid cut boots don't actually give any real protection to your ankles, there are just as many injuries wearing those as wearing low cut shoes. You might consider using a light ankle support if you're worried.

I remember that very sketchy descent from El Acebo to Molinaseca as being one of the few places I slipped on rock.

The description says:

It's infuriating, isn't it? I have my bike shoes sent from the US for the same reason. I don't even have the option of buying men's shoes which are usually cut wider because I take a small size.
Frustrating but I bought 2 spare pairs of LP5 Wides, an Olympus and the fashionable LP5 Anniversary Edition that I learned about from this group on their way to London from the US all at Black Friday price. 😄

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks, I’ll have a look
I can second that the waterproof Lows are excellent for walking in dewy freezing cold grass. Completely dry and warm unlike the frozen toes I had last winter in the regular ones

I leisurely walked for an hour in them in warm conditions recently and they were a bit sweaty, proving how breathable the meshed ones are.

My Camino fix is regular Lone Peaks with Sealskinz socks with a waterproof membrane between two layers of merino wool. Recommended by a competition trail runner. I was very sceptical but am now a convert.

I only had two full on rainy days on my 2019 Camino but this shoe sock combo worked brilliantly.

Its
My Camino fix is regular Lone Peaks with Sealskinz socks with a waterproof membrane between two layers of merino wool
I took the Olympus 3.5 and two pairs of waterproof socks in December 2019, sealskinz and bridgedale storm. The sealskinz were less sturdy than the bridgedale but that worked for my feet, I found I was losing skin between my toes with the Bridgedales because they kept my feet and toes tight together and a little unavoidable friction was happening with rubbing of the toes. I like Bridgedale socks but like anything connected with my feet, sturdy just leads to pain, so mesh type footwear and looser fitting accessories is the way forward for me.

Its

I took the Olympus 3.5 and two pairs of waterproof socks in December 2019, sealskinz and bridgedale storm. The sealskinz were less sturdy than the bridgedale but that worked for my feet, I found I was losing skin between my toes with the Bridgedales because they kept my feet and toes tight together and a little unavoidable friction was happening with rubbing of the toes. I like Bridgedale socks but like anything connected with my feet, sturdy just leads to pain, so mesh type footwear and looser fitting accessories is the way forward for me.
I agree, shoes like a clown for me

I also like wearing an injinji toes liner sock. Not had a blister yet, works for me but everyone is different

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

The description says:

My husband has a newer version of the Lone Peak and he is not happy with the materials. The "waterproof" area has cracked after only a short time. He might like the retro version if they went back to the original- I think he started with LP2.

My husband has a newer version of the Lone Peak and he is not happy with the materials. The "waterproof" area has cracked after only a short time. He might like the retro version if they went back to the original- I think he started with LP2.
Thank you for this. It’s very interesting. I will watch out carefully to see how my LP5 all weather Lows survive winter hiking

Santa brought me two pairs of Lone Peak 5s — one wide, one “regular.” I have worn Lone Peaks for about four years on the camino now and have no complaints. This is the first year Altra has made a wide shoe, so I was concerned about how they would size their “regular” width shoe. The one-width Lone Peaks fit me perfectly in the 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 versions. I am happy to report that the new “regular width” Lone Peak 5 fits me just like the one-width-Lone Peak 4.5.

I do not use the “waterproof” version because I only walk in spring/summer and have found that it is much easier to dry a wet shoe if you don’t have the waterproof kind.

Hoping that Santa treated other forum members well, buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Santa brought me two pairs of Lone Peak 5s — one wide, one “regular.” I have worn Lone Peaks for about four years on the camino now and have no complaints. This is the first year Altra has made a wide shoe, so I was concerned about how they would size their “regular” width shoe. The one-width Lone Peaks fit me perfectly in the 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 versions. I am happy to report that the new “regular width” Lone Peak 5 fits me just like the one-width-Lone Peak 4.5.

I do not use the “waterproof” version because I only walk in spring/summer and have found that it is much easier to dry a wet shoe if you don’t have the waterproof kind.

Hoping that Santa treated other forum members well, buen camino, Laurie

I have a slightly different experience with LP5 standard and Wides and it may be because of my odd feet

The standard version of my LP 5 is as comfortable as the 4.5s before but I feel it is a bit snugger around the mid foot which is why i sent off for the Wides. Having walked around in them for a while I have opted to go for the Wides, not because they are any more comfortable but because they have a more bit of capacity in the lacing in case my feet swell, as I remember them doing before.

This is just a personal experience an may just be to do with my ridiculous small, short and wide feet!

I have just heard that LP6 will be available in January in both regular and wide versions which I will try out as soon as I can.

JFYI, I have been trying the Altra Olympus which are super-cushioned. Very impressed so far but need to put some miles on the road in Jan before finally deciding on my ‘22 Camino shoe.

I am so pleased to have ‘discovered’ Altra. I have kept my heavy leather boots used for the Inca Trail back in ‘86 to show my 12 yr old what gear used to be like when we prepare for our first father/daughter Camino section

The standard version of my LP 5 is as comfortable as the 4.5s before but I feel it is a bit snugger around the mid foot
Just to clarify — is “mid foot” the part between the heel and the toe box, where the arch is? If so, I think I know why I wouldn’t have noticed it. Since I always wore narrow shoes till bunions made my toe box so wide, I bet that the mid foot part has always been more than ample. But feet are very strange body parts, I have learned, so maybe it’s something else.

Any idea what the “improvements“ will be on the 6?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just to clarify — is “mid foot” the part between the heel and the toe box, where the arch is? If so, I think I know why I wouldn’t have noticed it. Since I always wore narrow shoes till bunions made my toe box so wide, I bet that the mid foot part has always been more than ample. But feet are very strange body parts, I have learned, so maybe it’s something else.

Any idea what the “improvements“ will be on the 6?
Peregrina2000, you have described exactly what I meant. The arch part of the shoe seems wider, certainly the lacing has a lot of potential to loosen for my feet, which the standard does not

I got a pair of the 10 anniversary ‘retro’ styled 5ves to take on holiday to the Carribbean this Christmas and they are a perfect fit for my early morning walks, but no scope to let them out if I wear mid-cushioned hiking socks

I don’t know what up with the 6s. I will order some 6 Wides when I get back home and compare them. I will report back to you and the forum with initial impressions

There are some very knowledgable gear-heads on this group, who I’m sure will help us with this. The LPs are quite popular on the forum

Cheers! Chris

There is a 12 minute video review of the Lone Peak 6 here:

The reviewer says the following items have stayed the same:
  • zero-drop platform
  • foot-shaped toe box
  • integrated stoneguard
  • cushioned midsole

Changes include:
  • improved drainage
  • new lacing pattern with optional holes to accommodate a high instep

It will come in standard and wide widths in the 'original fit' from 10 years ago. On the other hand, the new Timp model will be a bit narrower.

There is a 12 minute video review of the Lone Peak 6 here:

The reviewer says the following items have stayed the same:
  • zero-drop platform
  • foot-shaped toe box
  • integrated stoneguard
  • cushioned midsole

Changes include:
  • improved drainage
  • new lacing pattern with optional holes to accommodate a high instep

It will come in standard and wide widths in the 'original fit' from 10 years ago. On the other hand, the new Timp model will be a bit narrower.
Thanks for posting this info on the Lone Peak 6's! I have the LP 5's in a men's size wide, which is a godsend for my very wide feet, especially when I wear mid-weight cushioned socks and liner socks which work best for me when hiking.

I wish they'd make the Olympus in wide widths too! But I'm going to buy a pair of them in regular width and give them a try because it looks like they may be wide enough where my feet are widest midway between the arch and toes. Fingers crossed!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.