• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lone Peak 6

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Has anyone yet purchased the new Lone Peak 6? I really really need to buy new shoes and I have a chance of having the new LP6 brought over from the UK. I can't buy these in France yet and I also can't find a pair of LP5's in my size.

Historically I had to order a much bigger size that normal with the LP's but with the LP5 I didn't...so I'm unsure what to buy in the LP6.

So... has anyone bought the new LP6? Did you also have LP5? Are they the same size? Shall I order the same as I had in the LP5?

Oh my word... buying new shoes is so stressful for me!

Thanks in advance :oops:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don't use Lone Peaks because the low heel drop doesn't agree with me. I have thought of you recently as I have converted to Extra Wide (EE) New Balance and am buying up a lifetime supply!
Thank you. Will check them out. Its so frustrating that shoes keep changing... I would happily buy a LP 6 now and try it but its not available in Europe in a wide 😢 I think next time I find a good shoe I'm going to buy 10 pairs... its just too hard everytime searching for something new 😐

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I don't use Lone Peaks because the low heel drop doesn't agree with me. I have thought of you recently as I have converted to Extra Wide (EE) New Balance and am buying up a lifetime supply!
I’m surprised to read that you’re now a convert to ‘New Balance’ @C clearly
I thought you were a Brooks Ghost walker. I’m assuming they (NB) have a slightly wider ‘wide size’ but are they more comfortable than the brooks ghosts ? Or have any other feature that made them winners for you ?

Annie

I thought you were a Brooks Ghost walker. I’m assuming they (NB) have a slightly wider ‘wide size’ but are they more comfortable
I was wearing a 8D Ghost and was very happy. But I have found 2 New Balance models that are very very similar and come in EE, so I got them in size 7.5 EE which is a more suitable size. (My foot length is no longer than a 7.) I am going through a pair every 3 or 4 months, since my feet get sore when the cushioning packs up.

I heard back from Altra and they say the LP6 should fit exactly the same as the LP5 so that's good. And they say it will be in Europe very soon... I can cope with an older pair for our 2 week jaunt in March but I'm walking 700km on the CF in April/May so will 100% need a new pair.

I'm keeping everything crossed they come in stock by then! But when I'm in the States I'm going to be finding REI in Seattle and spending a lot of time there!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Some people love Altras even though the tops are not very durable and shred over time - this is their biggest complaint. That and zero drop which is def not for everyone.

Some people love Altras even though the tops are not very durable and shred over time - this is their biggest complaint. That and zero drop which is def not for everyone.
They're not that durable I agree - Certainly after 600k you start to feel it underfoot. But I've been wearing them since Lone Peak 2 and they are the only shoe that seems to accommodate my hobbit like spade feet :D I would love to try other shoes but the toe box is just too narrow on the ones I've tried... and I reckon I've tried most of them :D

I was excited about the LP6 when I heard it was coming out. I had a chance to try it on at REI last week. I didn't buy them because they felt sloppy on me. I have had LP5 and LP4 and LP3 so I am pretty acquainted with them. If you try them, I would not increase in size. Good luck with your investment.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just switched from LP to Solomon x-ultra's - I too have hobbit feet- and they come in extra wide sizes- otherwise not! my main complaint was the lack of a decent rock-plate on the early models and the poor rock-plate on the latter models. If the solomon's are available to you - you might give them a try. definitely not as comfy out of the box - but reviewers said they last much longer!

I just switched from LP to Solomon x-ultra's - I too have hobbit feet- and they come in extra wide sizes- otherwise not! my main complaint was the lack of a decent rock-plate on the early models and the poor rock-plate on the latter models. If the solomon's are available to you - you might give them a try. definitely not as comfy out of the box - but reviewers said they last much longer!
The X Ultra 3 is one of the best shoes Solomon has ever made - they are bomb proof. Note: there is a GTX and non GTX model - so know your preferences.

Love LP5 and hoping the 6 is as good. I have huge feet and deformed joints at the base of my big toe and these are the right shoes for me. Add a very cushy insole with arch support and these are the best.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
FWIW I've been superhappy and impressed with my Salomon Ultra 3 Xs for many years. About a year ago I switched to Haglofs LIM low profile and I now wear them for practically everything except sleeping (well, not in bed at least). They are very firm, less springy than most trail shoes (more like an approach shoe) and need a gel insert. I disliked them at first but now find the extra rigidity gives more 'feel' and control over different surfaces.
All we need now is someone who's switched from Haglofs to Lone Peak 6's to complete the hiking shoe merry-go-round...

Just picked up the Lone Peak 6 and really like them. Not a big change from the LP5, which is good news for most. The sizing feels the same to me, with the 6 maybe feeling a tad shorter. The lacing offers a more dialed in fit with an extra eyelet in the midfoot area. I'll probably wear the LP6 on the Ingles this summer unless the new Timp 4 works out better.

I’m not connected to Altra , but the new Mont Blanc are getting some good reviews, good grip and deeper stack, just a bit expensive in UK

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.