• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lonely, Fed up, no one to talk to and Reminisce?

• Thread starter Deleted member 73892
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 73892

Where I live, the entire county is in lock down as of today. We can not go to the next village, town or city. Doctors are closed. Thank goodness I have a garden in the middle of the countryside to tend to. But my fellow gardeners can't stand closer than a meter, and no one is interested in a sit down over a cup of tea and reminiscing about Santiago and the Camino.

Want to chat, Reminisce... connect? I hope the moderators allow us to do that here. Theme: 'Santiago' Your hopes and wishes for the city. When you hope to get back. Anyone there in your thoughts right now? just connect with us all about our common bond, chat, tell us how you really feel about it all, what you miss and love.
LLN Keith

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Do not complaint. We are in the same boat. Enjoy your solitude. At least you can have an interesting conversation with a person who loves you and likes you.

I've connected with a couple of people in the city over the years. I feel sad that they are suffering in so many ways because of the situation, but look forward to seeing them again and hearing about their experience. My feeling is that Spain and Galicia have a long history of many times of deep troubles, like so many European countries, and no matter what, life will go on, they're strong and proud, and my memories of Santiago are a shinning light for me during the isolation we have here. I should be there soon, but its all cancelled. It will be there for me again, I know, and I will be able to visit my favourite places, chapels, cafè, museum, hostel, and discover a little bit more about that wonderful city. This is not sentimental dribble, there really is no one for me to talk to about it, here at home. So thanks for reading and add your own reminiscence.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Where I live, the entire county is in lock down as of today. We can not go to the next village, town or city. Doctors are closed. Thank goodness I have a garden in the middle of the countryside to tend to. But my fellow gardeners can't stand closer than a meter, and no one is interested in a sit down over a cup of tea and reminiscing about Santiago and the Camino.

Want to chat, Reminisce... connect? I hope the moderators allow us to do that here. Theme: 'Santiago' Your hopes and wishes for the city. When you hope to get back. Anyone there in your thoughts right now? just connect with us all about our common bond, chat, tell us how you really feel about it all, what you miss and love.
LLN Keith
We are all out here Keith. Your call hasn’t landed on deaf ears. I Really do understand how you are feeling. I didn’t even make it as far as Galicia.

It was difficult to ‘turn around’ last Friday and make way back to Madrid and sort out flight changes.
At least I had around 11 days in spain.

I am wondering how our Spanish brothers and sisters are dealing with it now. They would have more to deal with than loneliness?
I wish I could help more ...

Annie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I too say, we hear you. Can you reinstate yourself? It would be a nine minute wonder, and back to normal.Gosh! The first days of tv when we watched the dot disappear for hours! “Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible”. Six desperate kids waiting for something. Anything. Come back, Redhead Keith.
Anyway, some wonderful news. I am probably going at about the rate of the snail in the fabulous cartoon journey shared by Kieran, but I learned something today that is going on in Dublin, and I know, you can all tell of every other place in every other town and city over the world. I will let the photo speak for itself. It is the shop where I found spelt flour and porcini mushrooms, bit dearer than other places, but such a lovely shopping experience from time to time:

edit: they were out of sirope de liege, but they do stock it!

Attachments

• 10742860-EFE2-4993-B63E-0B19D9917A06.jpeg
    10742860-EFE2-4993-B63E-0B19D9917A06.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Tried to get the Belgium beer only blond available here. Ah yes and no toilet paper😂. Been confined since a week and now it seems my fellow countrymen share my fate.
I see it more like a time of lent. Time to stop and reflect.

We are social beings, and it is jolting to be forced apart. Luckily, we live in a time where we can connect through forums like this, share our hopes and dreams, and be together across thousands of miles until we can do so in person.

My hope for Santiago and the Camino is that they are resting peacefully, waiting patiently for the return of their pilgrim family. My hope is that this reset will make all of us more grateful, kinder, more patient. That this part of our pilgrim journey will bring with it the biggest lesson of all.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Post Camino Song
Could be sang to the Post-Pilgrim or by the Post-Pilgrim

Salut Joe Dassin

Take a side :)

P.S. I can actually see myself climbing up to Orrison to this rhythm (esp. opening notes) 🚶‍♂️

My hope for Santiago and the Camino is that they are resting peacefully, waiting patiently for the return of their pilgrim family. My hope is that this reset will make all of us more grateful, kinder, more patient. That this part of our pilgrim journey will bring with it the biggest lesson of all.
We can call it The Great Camino Hibernation!

🥀🌹🌷💐🌼

This thread started as a plea for connection about the camino, but ran into some difficulties. Please keep that in mind when you engage in light-hearted repartée that takes the thread in another direction.
Agree. Thankfully we have this forum where we can connect in a time of dire straits. I think many of us are quite disappointed that we cannot do our Caminos this year, but the Forum will give us a chance to mingle/connect and cheer each other up a bit, anyway, which is a good thing.

The Camino is out there, waiting for us. I will just take some more time.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Tried to get the Belgium beer only blond available here. Ah yes and no toilet paper😂. Been confined since a week and now it seems my fellow countrymen share my fate.
I see it more like a time of lent. Time to stop and reflect.
It IS a time of Lent!
AH!!!!! Light Bulb went off 💡
I am giving up TP for Lent....... :oops:

It IS a time of Lent!
AH!!!!! Light Bulb went off 💡
I am giving up TP for Lent....... :oops:
There is a topic titled "Haikus for our Postponed Caminos" here on the Forum. With a little tweeking, I think this belongs there.
LOL :p
Sorry, back on topic. We can all chose to feel isolated and sad. This Forum is THE way I can "talk" to people who get what it's like to have walked the Camino. In this time of Lent, I need to remember to embrace those who need embracing. Guest, hope you come back and join us here.

Last edited:
There is a topic titled "Haikus for our Postponed Caminos" here on the Forum. With a little tweeking, I think this belongs there.
LOL :p
Well... that is nice but unfortunately i have no idea how to 'do Haikus' so I dont think I would be able to contribute anything worthy
Feel free to do so yourself if you see a possibility

Now... Irish Limericks on the other hand... ;)

Well... that is nice but unfortunately i have no idea how to 'do Haikus' so I dont think I would be able to contribute anything worthy
Feel free to do so yourself if you see a possibility

Now... Irish Limericks on the other hand... ;)
Go to the thread and see our shared creation! You already had the bones, all I had to do was , like I said, tweek!
Of course, please post your limericks there, too. I'm sure we can change the title of the thread.
PS - I said Tweek, not Twerk. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back