• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

long range weather trends for any locality

Time of past OR future Camino
please see signature
Kia ora - I hope you are all well

Background

Some time ago I encountered a website that:
a) stored weather history for 15 or more years for so many localities (large and very small) around the world
b) for those localities, provided comprehensive information down to days, weeks, months and years

I fully understand detail about the past is not forecasts for the future.

For localities that knew, I found the guidance was helpful.

And I forgot to transfer the link bookmark.

I have done quite a search these past few hours, including this Forum.

I have not been able to find anything remotely like that which I used some time ago.

My Question

Is anyone able to make suggestions?

Kia kaha, kia māia, kia manawanui (be strong, confident and patient)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I wonder if you mean weatherspark.com? It is my go-to site for past weather information.
that would be a good site to peruse, thanks!

it has even got a Fahrenheit to Celcius conversion button at the right hand top

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I would love to see you write a report in 5 years or so regarding the impact of how the weather patterns have or have not changed, especially in Spain.
I lived in Biarritz for about 7 years and the weather patterns were totally unpredictable from anything like a nice winter to foul winter depending on the year. Rainy spring to heaven on earth, flip a coin and that why we say the Basque Coutry is always so green. It's the rain, rain and more rain.
I also knew I could predict a major disturbance in the North America would cross the Atlantic and stir things up in the Bay of Biscay, but this latest storm doesn't fit into that kind of pattern.
It is obvious that our climate is changing but how fast and in what way?
I live in a place in Florida that I have been coming to since the mid-70's. I can categorically say the average tide level is at least one to two feet higher today. It has never topped the seawall but it is getting closer during full moon.

I wonder if you mean weatherspark.com? It is my go-to site for past weather information.
Cool site! Thanks for the link. I am particularly interested in the precipitation information. I can drill down to the historic % chance of rain on my start date at SJPP, which is 30%.

that would be a good site to peruse, thanks!

it has even got a Fahrenheit to Celcius conversion button at the right hand top

I found this site recently, it is a 45-day forecast, this one is for Rome but it is also available for my small town in California, so perhaps it is widespread. I have no idea how accurate it is, or where they get the data. I have been told by a meteorologist that long-term forecasts are driven by historical data more than by actual measurements (weather ballons and the like) which makes sense to me. With any model it is garbage in, garbage out, but if they update the long-term forecast as actual recent measurements become available then it is as good as any other weather prediction, with the advantage of the longer-term predictions based on historical data.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Kia ora - I hope you are all well

Background

Some time ago I encountered a website that:
a) stored weather history for 15 or more years for so many localities (large and very small) around the world
b) for those localities, provided comprehensive information down to days, weeks, months and years

I fully understand detail about the past is not forecasts for the future.

For localities that knew, I found the guidance was helpful.

And I forgot to transfer the link bookmark.

I have done quite a search these past few hours, including this Forum.

I have not been able to find anything remotely like that which I used some time ago.

My Question

Is anyone able to make suggestions?

Kia kaha, kia māia, kia manawanui (be strong, confident and patient)

I found this site recently, it is a 45-day f
Thank you.

I tried the link.

As soon as the first screen loaded (it looked like English), a rather daunting message not in English was displayed. A translation said this was in Polish and it appeared to be about cookies.

Out of an abundance of caution, I decided to abandon further use.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going when you can)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you.

I tried the link.

As soon as the first screen loaded (it looked like English), a rather daunting message not in English was displayed. A translation said this was in Polish and it appeared to be about cookies.

Out of an abundance of caution, I decided to abandon further use.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going when you can)

Here it is again, the provider is Interia Weather, if that helps

Most read last week in this forum

I have been incredibly inspired by so many stories of loss, pain, diagnosis, or other stories that tug at my heart strings, but one pilgrim, since lost in the threads here, was an 83 year old man...
I started my training walks last fall in preparation for the camino frances this year. This included walking in the mall in bad winter weather (ugh!). My husband was undecided about joining me...
In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.