• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Long Shot, CF March 2019 Companions???

Derek Booth

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances March 2019
Cam. Port. April 2024
I apologise for this verbage and I know in advance it's a long shot but, Don't ask, don't get.

I started the CF from Pamplona on 1st March 2019. As anyone who has done any of the Camino's will confirm, one walks in a 'bubble' that comprises, after a time, of the same people who come into and out of your life dependant on how fast/slow one walks.

For an old man (69 then,71 now) I was blessed with the delightful company of the youth of Europe plus a few more peeps from other parts of the World. For youth, read ladies. No I'm not stalking honest.

This afternoon I switched on the phone and out popped a series of photos, about seven in total that was taken near the start of the Camino. I know this because of a certain casualty in the photos who flew to Ireland on or about the 15th March.

Thing is, the sender is/was a person who's name I did not recognize and the screen said I had blocked her??? In an attempt to 'Unblock' her the pics. disappeared.
The name of the sender was, to this untutored eye non European. The first name started ESP??????????? or ESD (quite a long name) and the second name in the middle of it was ???NITI???. This is significant because, in my bubble was a lady from Taiwan who went by the name of NITTY (NITI ?) She was well known on the Camino at that time because, in addition to carrying a very large rucksack, she had an expensive digital camera, and she also carried a Poleroid camera. Invariably she was weighed down with plastic carrier bags as well. Her mantra was 'Taiwan, The REAL China' . It might also be significant that in the fleeting time I had seeing the screen I saw at least two of the photos she took of me in the Company of Johanna and Leah from Leipzig and Corinna from Paraguay. There were other group shots, including me inside a stone building and as well as the aforementioned in the group there was another lady from Germany named Saskia.

So there you have it. I lack the expertise to even try to recover the photos from my phone but I feel awful that someone; A, Tried to send me photo's and I blocked them and B, I failed to unblock her a second time.

If anyone out there with as fond a memory as I have of completing my CF who can put me in touch with any of the above, especially NITTY so that I can have another go at getting the photos, I would welcome such an outcome.

Here is a photo of yours truly with 'Nitty' taking the photo.
1612361780085.png

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Before I go into the dark arts of unblocking "??????????? NITI??" can I thank the last two contributors for taking the time to respond.
I know it isn't Facebook because that is something I know a little about.
I didn't even know I could unblock someone on WhatsApp (but there again, I didn't know I had blocked someone in the first place lol)
Worthy of further investigation.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Before I go into the dark arts of unblocking "??????????? NITI??" can I thank the last two contributors for taking the time to respond.
I know it isn't Facebook because that is something I know a little about.
I didn't even know I could unblock someone on WhatsApp (but there again, I didn't know I had blocked someone in the first place lol)
Worthy of further investigation.
Thanks for the "thank you" I know how important Camino pics are - esp the ones that hold deep memories like these ones seem to do for you. Hope you are able to find them

I write this not with a little embarrassment, but rather a gigantic portion of blush worthy stupidity.
After telling all on here " No, it couldn't be on Facebook" Well I looked on WhatsApp, nothing there. I don't do twitter so I went to f/b and guess what? There at the bottom of the blocked people was a name I didn't recognize, but, in the second name were the 'magic' letters NITI.
Before I engaged my brain and wrote name down, my finger went straight to the ' UNBLOCK' and I did the deed ie unblocked the name.
I thought (erroneously) that by doing so, the photos would appear on my page but I've looked and there is no sign.
No words could adequately describe how stupid I feel right now.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I write this not with a little embarrassment, but rather a gigantic portion of blush worthy stupidity.
After telling all on here " No, it couldn't be on Facebook" Well I looked on WhatsApp, nothing there. I don't do twitter so I went to f/b and guess what? There at the bottom of the blocked people was a name I didn't recognize, but, in the second name were the 'magic' letters NITI.
Before I engaged my brain and wrote name down, my finger went straight to the ' UNBLOCK' and I did the deed ie unblocked the name.
I thought (erroneously) that by doing so, the photos would appear on my page but I've looked and there is no sign.
No words could adequately describe how stupid I feel right now.
Is that person on your friends list? If so, you may be able to go to her profile and look to see what pictures she has uploaded. If she's not on your friends list send her a friend request.

It's possible that you first noticed the pictures because she tagged you in them, which suggests to me that she's on your friend list.

Is that person on your friends list? If so, you may be able to go to her profile and look to see what pictures she has uploaded. If she's not on your friends list send her a friend request.

It's possible that you first noticed the pictures because she tagged you in them, which suggests to me that she's on your friend list.
Thanks for the input.

I've gone through my 'Friends' list and as I thought, she's not there.
Because I haven't got her name I can't send her a message. I've searched all the people in Facebook worldwide with 'niti' contained in the name and it hasn't come up.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.