• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Long-term luggage storage in Madrid

RichardW

Time of past OR future Camino
September to October (2017)
Hi - could anyone advise the best way to store luggage in Madrid for 3 or 4 weeks? I'm planning to go on the Camino in September and would like to leave my luggage in Madrid during the period. The consignas at the airport or trains station do not seem to be a good choice for storage over 5 or 6 days. Tips would be welcomed. Thanks.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi - could anyone advise the best way to store luggage in Madrid for 3 or 4 weeks? I'm planning to go on the Camino in September and would like to leave my luggage in Madrid during the period. The consignas at the airport or trains station do not seem to be a good choice for storage over 5 or 6 days. Tips would be welcomed. Thanks.
The Madrid train station is an option, but a very expensive one. I left a smallish box there for 10 days back in 2013 and it cost me something like 30-40 Euros. It transpires that I misunderstood the daily rate to be a total cost for an unlimited time...

Oh, @Karl Oz, that is truly horrible. I'm amazed it did not put you off Madrid for life.

@RichardW I've left a small suitcase (carry-on size) at the hotel to which I was returning. If you are staying someone before or after you walk you could send an email and ask.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh, @Karl Oz, that is truly horrible. I'm amazed it did not put you off Madrid for life.

@RichardW I've left a small suitcase (carry-on size) at the hotel to which I was returning. If you are staying someone before or after you walk you could send an email and ask.
Not really, I should have read the fine print. I also agree the hotel solution is worth a try, but in my case I was staying in a tiny 1-star pension. Not a whole lot of storage space was apparent.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Richard, I have the same question. I will be traveling the Camino in 2018 and need to store luggage in Madrid. can you share with me the solution you found if anny and let me know if there were any restirctions on how long you could store your luggage there. any information would be helpful.

Hi Richard, I have the same question. I will be traveling the Camino in 2018 and need to store luggage in Madrid. can you share with me the solution you found if anny and let me know if there were any restirctions on how long you could store your luggage there. any information would be helpful.

Hi - I ended up sending my luggages to Santiago using Correos. It may not be the least expensive option but the most convenient for me.
That said, I did contact a few self storages in Madrid whom replied that a storage space for 30 days costs 50 Euros.

I'm researching this as well. In the past, I've stored extra stuff at Atocha, but the last time I walked they had a 2 week limit! I'll be trekking 3 weeks this time. Any updates on that? I've searched the web to no avail. the Atocha site has no info about storage limits. It's expensive, but worth it if the only "known" is that you are returning to Madrid at some point. I don't know if I'll make it all the way to Santiago on this go. I'll be storing my laptop, so it needs to be secure.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi - I ended up sending my luggages to Santiago using Correos. It may not be the least expensive option but the most convenient for me.
That said, I did contact a few self storages in Madrid whom replied that a storage space for 30 days costs 50 Euros.

Which storage options did you find?

We left our luggage at Locker in the City, they have discounts for long stay, check the website: www.lockerinthecity.com, but for sure there are other options in Madrid downtown. The reason we decide for this particular one after our research, is that they are the only left luggage store in Madrid that charge per locker and not per bag.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.