• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Long way from Barcellos

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
If you are passing through Lugar do Corto, just before Vitorino on the way to Ponte da Lima, look to your left. You may be lucky enough to see an angel in her garden. She will probably be wearing red. It seems to be her favourite colour. Her name is Fernanda and she and her husband Jacinto offer accommodation and true hospitality and caring to pilgrims por solo un donativo. Fernanda found me on the asfalt road, leaning on my staff and truth to tell feeling rather sorry for myself, wondering if I would make the full 33 kms with blisters the size of golf balls on my toes from ill fitting sandals bought at the last minute in Santiago - another story. "Can I help you with aything?" she said. I explained that my El Pais/Aguilar guide said there was a house thereabouts where pilgrims could stay. "That's my house!" she said, picked up my pack (all 13 klos of it; in the end I left most at Fernanda's to be collected on my way back) and led me to Heaven. I stayed two days. Had I stayed any more she would have had to adopt me!
Do stop in: when are you going to have another chance to meet an angel?
Tracy Saunders
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Uffff, 13 kg...

When my first Camino I carried 13 kg. It was heavy, heavy to carry, even for me, then I was 31 and my weight was about 80 kg.

Now I've walked with my daughter, of course I've carried all our packpack, and it's been about 11 kg. Easy to carry for me, but I'm used to do that exercise.

Buen Camino, Tracy, I'll see you tomorrow in Compostela.
Javier

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back