• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

longing to be on the road again!!

Sean Noonan

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm planning to walk the Camino in September 2015:) id appreciate all the help and advice i can get!!
Hello everyone!!
I walked from ST Jean to Santiago last September and continued my journey onto Finisterre and Muxia.. I remember saying to myself as i walked to Muxia that I would never walk that far again But with the last few weeks Im only longing to be on the road again!! That walk triggered something inside of me that I just can't explain!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You will find many here who have been inexorably and some unexpectedly touched by their Camino. The magic lingers and the road calls to you still. You find that your Journey continues long after the walking stops. A friend quoted Yeats to me the other day and said that since my return he now saw 'the pilgrim soul' in me.

Don't try to explain it. It just is and will work its own Way on you. You have had an amazing experience and need time to assimilate it back into your pre-Camino world. I believe that there is an Irish Friends of St James Society that may be useful for you where you could meet kindred spirits.

You are fortunate in living close to Spain as there are so many more Caminos to travel.

Go Well.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Welcome to the club, Sean! This Camino business is very addictive.

@OTH86 makes a good point - doing more walking at home is a good way to recreate some of the Camino magic (it certainly works for me). I think that part of the natural 'high' that we feel on the Camino comes from the simple fact of being outdoors for most of the day.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You I guess are like a lot of people who have experienced the journey, I for one am like you, and I'll be going again at the beginning of 2018, I would love to make it earlier but unfortunately that's not to be.
Like you I won't need to buy all the gear or even plan, just buy a ticket and arrive and start walking, really can't wait for the time to arrive.
In the meantime I've planned a few long walks in the UK to keep my hand in, but I know they will never match the camino, but I guess I can dream.

In a couple of days I am going into the mountains of Banff, Alberta to walk from near the town of Banff through the backcountry to the town of Lake Louise. This is about the distance from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. I have been walking in the Rockies since I was 25. This has always been a spiritual experience for me. I walk alone by preference and do not expect to see another human being for about a week (maybe a grizzly bear or two). I cannot say how this experience is different from the camino. For me, maybe the specifically Christian content of the camino provides openings for further growth as a Christian. Maybe the possibility of longer walks gives more time for inner experience. I love both and am continuing my walks in the Rockies, but I return to Spain to walk an extended camino in September.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My husband said when I came back from the camino in October of 2013 I would never walk it again (I don't remember saying that!). What are we doing this September? Doing it again, and he's coming with me this time. And I believe there has not been one day since my return that I haven't thought about the camino or started to plan my for the next one. And I try and walk every day here, even if only for a mile or so, and longer walks when possible.

Go with the flow, 10 weeks till I fly out for my third and I can say that it will not be my last for the peace and joy I feel since my first days back in 2013 linger in my heart forever. 3 months this time someone once posted why did you walk your second and his answer was because I walked my first....BuenCamino to all

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back