• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a buddy

Valery

Time of past OR future Camino
French way(November 2018)
Hi,

I am a man 51 years old. Looking for a buddy for walk Camino in November 2018. Preferably French way. I speak English and don't speak Spanish. Maybe somebody knows how many pilgrims at this time are on the trail.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It may be hard to imagine, but even though you might travel to the Camino on your own, you won’t have to walk alone or be alone. I was a solo traveler when I did my first Camino Frances in 2015 but I was not alone or lonely on my Camino. I suggest going with the flow. You will be just fine. There should still be plenty of pilgrims on the Camino Frances in November.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It may be hard to imagine, but even though you might travel to the Camino on your own, you won’t have to walk alone or be alone. I was a solo traveler when I did my first Camino Frances in 2015 but I was not alone or lonely in my Camino. I suggest going with the flow. You will be just fine. There should still be plenty of pilgrims on the Camino Frances in November.

Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Maybe somebody knows how many pilgrims at this time are on the trail.

Last year on the Camino Frances:

4650 received compostelas in November
1737 received compostelas in December

Presumably, most of the December arrivals started in November. The daily number will depend on the day you start, where you start, and how fast you walk.

Regardless, it looks like at least 50 per day.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Valéry, I'll be doing the CF starting in Roncesvalles on November 14th. Our paths may cross. If so, I hope we remember that we met here first! Re: your question, the comments above are all sound. I did my first stretch of the Camino in 2016 alone, but never lonely. I met wonderful people and was never lacking company when I wanted it, nor did I find it hard to find solitude when I needed that too. Looking back I can see that before ever experiencing the Camino I felt as if I needed to have everything organised, every eventuality predicted and insured against. I didn't. My advice would be to just set off and enjoy the freedom and the spontaneity that is so hard to find in our everyday life back home. Buen camino!

Hi Valéry, I'll be doing the CF starting in Roncesvalles on November 14th. Our paths may cross. If so, I hope we remember that we met here first! Re: your question, the comments above are all sound. I did my first stretch of the Camino in 2016 alone, but never lonely. I met wonderful people and was never lacking company when I wanted it, nor did I find it hard to find solitude when I needed that too. Looking back I can see that before ever experiencing the Camino I felt as if I needed to have everything organised, every eventuality predicted and insured against. I didn't. My advice would be to just set off and enjoy the freedom and the spontaneity that is so hard to find in our everyday life back home. Buen camino!

Thanks,
I am going start on November 2th, at the same place.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Valery, I start on 3rd Nov from St Jean Pied de Port. Might see you on the trail. I'm an Aussie :)

Hi Valery, I start on 3rd Nov from St Jean Pied de Port. Might see you on the trail. I'm an Aussie :)

Hi Aussie, I am going to start on 3th Nov too, but from Roncesvalles.
I already found a buddy to walk with, if you want you can joint us. Or you might catch up on the way

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back