• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a Children's map of Camino Frances

Patrick Neary

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, (2018)
We'll be walking CF in May, and I thought I would get a nice map for our grandchildren to follow along with us from home on the adventure. I need something with large print and enough detail for it to make sense (not a Spain map, or a Europe map, for instance). Anyone run across anything like this?
Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Lovley idea, I have no suggestions but You could make one with them?

There's a basic map inside the front cover of the Michelin Camino de Santiago book ( the little green book that's very useful.)

I photographed this map and used it as a slide in a PowerPoint presentation I made.

You could photograph and enlarge the map for your grandchildren.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Have a look into this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/hand-made-wall-map-to-follow-along.20340/
Dad drew the outlines of Spain's northern coast and of the Camino Frances on a ca. 3 meters x 1 meter paper roll. Then it was attached to a wall right above the ground in the living room. The six young children completed the map by drawing things and experiences which mum reported while being on the way. They also had a sticky figure for mum which they moved along the path. Sounds like a really good concept to me.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My suggestion as a retired Montessori teacher is to get the children the real thing, a map of Spain and Europe. No, the children likely will not understand it all. What you would be doing is planting seeds and providing a context. When my daughter was two she played with a beach ball globe and was able to locate places that we read about. Last year in her 20's she walked the Camino with me, a superb traveling companion!
HaroldS also has a wonderful idea!

Last edited:
@Patrick Neary the second image offerred by was on sale in Santiago etc at the end of October 2017. If you printed that image for your followers you might get individual copies for (some) of them on arrival.

Or buy two copies of the Michelin guide (# 160) - one to leave behind. This was my preferred guide to carry in a front pocket when walking. It has a stylised elevation profile and a selection of places to stay and detailed map for the suggested stages. This picks up on the suggestion by @Sparrow in Texas above.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How do I get one of these. I think they are perfect for showing mybfriends in Texas. We will be in Santiago Tuesday August 14. We have some shoppimg days if they are in the stores. Thankbyou. Camper Annie
Like these?[/QUOTE

How do I get one of these. I think they are perfect for showing mybfriends in Texas. We will be in Santiago Tuesday August 14. We have some shoppimg days if they are in the stores. Thankbyou. Camper Annie

I just googled them. I couldn't say if they were for sale in SdC...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back