• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a group

Teodora Adzharova

Time of past OR future Camino
Dear all,
I have been thinking about walking the CAmino for many years, and I finally decided to take the time next summer, 2018, and do it. I want to do the entire French CAmino.
However, I am a bit scared of doing it alone. This is a very personal path that everyone takes, and I also would like to do it alone, but anything can happen on the road, so I decided that it might be wise to go with people.
Is there anyone that might be open to walking together? Or are there usually people that one meets over there and can join?
Thank you so much!
Wishing you all the best.

Teodora

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@Teodora Adzharova welcome to the forum, and Buen Camino!

If you leave St-Jean-Pied-de-Port in May or September, you are guaranteed to never walk alone. They are the two busiest months of the year. Yes, most people start out by themselves and meet people. At that time of the year it is unavoidable! From SJPDP in May or September, within ten minutes of starting on the trail you will be talking and walking with others. Spend a bit of time on this forum and I think you will be very reassured.

It is also a good idea to put yourself in the forum calendar - the instructions come up if you start a new thread in the "introduction" section of the forum - here

Teodora,

Please do not worry about finding people to walk with.

You may find one or two people with whom you develop a closer relationship, or simply walking companions for a day or a few days.

On the Caminos people are very open, and generous. I would be shocked if you were turned down if and when you ask someone if t'you can walk with them for a while. But it is more likely that this will happen naturally as you meet people in albergues or while enjoying a cafe con leche or an afternoon drink.

Plus, this allows you to no enter into a commitmwnt with someone you may have nothing in common, someone who annoys you, someone who walks at a different speed.

You will be ok. You will be better than ok.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
@Teodora Adzharova welcome to the forum, and Buen Camino!

If you leave St-Jean-Pied-de-Port in May or September, you are guaranteed to never walk alone. They are the two busiest months of the year. Yes, most people start out by themselves and meet people. At that time of the year it is unavoidable! From SJPDP in May or September, within ten minutes of starting on the trail you will be talking and walking with others. Spend a bit of time on this forum and I think you will be very reassured.

It is also a good idea to put yourself in the forum calendar - the instructions come up if you start a new thread in the "introduction" section of the forum - here
Thank you so much. I won't be able to leave until June unfortunately. I hope it doesn't get really hot....

Thank you so much.
Teodora,

Please do not worry about finding people to walk with.

You may find one or two people with whom you develop a closer relationship, or simply walking companions for a day or a few days.

On the Caminos people are very open, and generous. I would be shocked if you were turned down if and when you ask someone if t'you can walk with them for a while. But it is more likely that this will happen naturally as you meet people in albergues or while enjoying a cafe con leche or an afternoon drink.

Plus, this allows you to no enter into a commitmwnt with someone you may have nothing in common, someone who annoys you, someone who walks at a different speed.

You will be ok. You will be better than ok.
I am so looking forward to it. I wish I could leave now!!!

Yes, it will be hot, but bearable. I've walked starting in mid June and by the time we got to the meseta it was well into July. We got up early to be walking as soon as it was light and always finished walking by 1pm. The pleasant surprise was that there was always a morning breeze on the meseta.

The great thing about walking in mid summer is that you can travel very light.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That was one thing that scared me too (along with bed bugs :p)
I started walking on the first of august and I soon realized that walking on your own was much more interesting. You meet people and you chat with them for a while and then they pass you or you pass them... Most importantly is that u walk at your own pace... But whats awesome is that every night, in town u meet up with all the people you know and hang out together and drink
You might be alone but you'll never be lonely.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you. I do want to do it on my own. I guess I am just concerned about safety. but everyone seems to be reassuring me. I admire than excited.

..you are still doing it on your own - but together with other good people that you meet along the way.
You are bound to travel at the same rate as others and you may yourself define how close and how confiding you want to be with other travelers...
Be prepared to be surprised that you might connect. When you least expect it.
And again you can decide when and if to break off - that is how it works.....

On the bus from Bayonne to St. Jean Pied de Port the day before I started my last camino I already had 4 friends to walk with off and on (and party with in Santiago). Then that night in the albergue I made four more friends, one will probably be a friend for life.

You really have to try hard NOT to make friends on the camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back