• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a nice little hotel in Leon

sylvia coates

Hi, We will start our walk from Astorga, but will be spending 2 nights in Leon to see the city. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel comfortable, *** that may have rooms for July?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have a real favorite -- the Posada Regia. It is very centrally located, very charming. Broad plank creaky old wooden floors. In 2005, I stayed there two nights because my son was studying in Oviedo and came down by bus to see me. So I have very found memories of the place. I had a room with a big exterior window (ear plugs are useful because of the night life). I remember an excellent breakfast as well.

http://www.regialeon.com/posada.htm

I stayed last year at the Hostal San Martin in the Plaza Torres de Omana. I had a lovely spacious room with a balcony overlooking the plaza below. Good quiet location near to the cathedral.

As with many Spanish hotels the entrance was rather dowdy at ground floor level but once upstairs and into the hotel proper it was simple but lovely and bright and clean. I don't think there is a dining room but there are plenty of options to take breakfast in a nearby cafe, though they didnt seem to open as early in Leon as in the villages.

They have a website. http://www.sanmartinhostales.com and there are comments about this hotel on tripadvisor.com if you want more opinions. Its pretty cheap too!

Regards, Laura

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Paris on calle Ancha, one of the main streets in the downtown area of Leon & close to the cathedral. It's an easy walk from the train/bus station. I would recommend this hotel as well. The room was clean & quiet, bathroom was nice.

Kelly

I stayed at the Hostal Albany, right around the corner from the Cathedral. We stayed in the hotel so that we could get up at midnight to see the lights of the cathedral. At midnight they switch all the lights off in the square and switch the lights on in the cathedral. It was a bit disappointing because we couldn't really see the light inside the cathedral. The hotel was very clean and not very expensive.

I have stayed at both the Hostal San Martin (right by the excellent Ruta Jacobea restaurant) and the Hotel Paris. Both are excellent and very reasonable; the Sant Martin provides great value for the 24€ I paid in 2005, and the Paris' facilities were quite comfortable. I have only seen the Posada Regia from outside, but all three are well-located.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hey, Sil,
Thanks for jogging my memory on the Hostal Albany. I'm virtually certain it's a place I ate dinner when my son was visiting me on the Camino. The restaurant was pretty sleek and upscale and I remember thinking that the hostal looked sparkling clean and like a good place to stay. As you're walking from the Cathedral down towards the Gaudi building on that main road, is it right off on a little side street on the left? I think it's about a couple of blocks from the Posada Regia where we stayed. I will have to try the Albany the next time. Thanks, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back