• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a way to Walk from Geneva to Arles (and then through to SdC)

Risky

Member, Brisbane Australia.
Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin d'Arles / Frances 2023
Frances 2024/2025
G'day, My wife and I are planning our next walk, from Geneva to SdC starting in April 2020.

We have walked the Le Puy route to SJPdP before so we are keen to understand if there is an "alternate way" to walk from Geneva to Arles to pick up that way to continue west.

Apologize if this is wrong forum space. Thanks for any information.

Regards, Risky

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Last edited:
from Geneva to SdC starting in April 2020...an "alternate way" to walk from Geneva to Arles to pick up that way to continue west.
Yes, indeed! There is a well-marked route and necessary lodging info in the Amis Guides (http://www.amis-st-jacques.org/page_daccueil.php). You'll want the yellow guide for the section starting in Geneva, and then the blue guide for the connecting segment to Arles. I used the IphiGenie app for great GR-on-topo maps on the phone, as well as finding the evening lodgings.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Risky,
This forum topic may have further links.
and
Have you seen this earlier blog which may help your research.
Happy planning to you and your wife.
Thanks MSPATH, that is the sort of way we are looking to walk as it is more direct to Arles and helps us to manage our Schengen Zone / 90 day challenge. :)

Yes, indeed! There is a well-marked route and necessary lodging info in the Amis Guides (http://www.amis-st-jacques.org/page_daccueil.php). You'll want the yellow guide for the section starting in Geneva, and then the blue guide for the connecting segment to Arles. I used the IphiGenie app for great GR-on-topo maps on the phone, as well as finding the evening lodgings.
Thanks Kitsambler, we will get the relevant guides (yellow and blue) and gpx files.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back