• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Australian Katie

annakappa

RIP 2024
Time of past OR future Camino
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
I wonder if anyone on the Forum has the e-mail address of Katie, a vivacious Australian who runs a Backpackers Hostel in Edinburgh. She arrived in Santiago round about 24th October. She nearly always wore a red 'backpackers' T-shirt when walking and a long turquoise skirt in the afternoons. Anne

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We met Katie at Molinaseca. I remember her well because like us she was from Brisbane Australia and she went to Loreto College in Brisbane.
We finished on 22nd October and looked out for her but did not see her again. Sorry that this is a pretty useless post, Hope you find some info.

Thanks Jimbo, We were also at Molinaseca obviously the same day as you and then from there on, we kept bumping into her. We arrived in Santiago on 23rd October. We also met up at the Pilgrim's Mass on 25th October, but I was stupid enough not to take her e-mail address. Anne

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
This may sound obvious but did you try emailing the backpackers hostels in edinburgh? Sorry if I'm stating the blindingly alreadily obvious.... :oops:

elzi said:
This may sound obvious but did you try emailing the backpackers hostels in edinburgh? Sorry if I'm stating the blindingly alreadily obvious.... :oops:
I thought of that, but haven't tried so far. This is probably why I never asked her for her e-mail, thinking that I could contact her through the hostel, but there are quite a few. If I get no response here, I'll start on sending messages to them. Anne

elzi said:

Elzi I have identical problem - I was (too) stupid enough not to ask Camino friends for email adress. I was thinking to emailing to albergue, where my camino friend and me were together for one night. But, i thought this is a stupid idea. I guess people in albergues don't have permission to send email adress of other people to anyone? (privacy?). Or I am wrong? :?:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have an Australian friend currently living in Edinburgh. I could always ask her to do a bit of a ring around and try and find her for you. PM me if you think that might be a go. good luck! Jane

A friend I met on one Camino had a great idea. He printed his name, address, email, etc on a couple of sheets of small, adhesive address labels, making exchange of information very easy. He kept them with his maps so they didn't get crumpled. I still have his on the back page of my journal from that year. I thought it was brilliant!

lynne

at a festival in the late 60s someone looking for his friend went around calling "wally" out loud, it became a cult-for years afterwards people went around the festivals calling wally-wally.
I think maybe this could do the same.
why are you doing the camino mate? me I'm looking for Australian Katie a vivacious girl prone to wearing long turquoise skirts in the afternoons.
I think I've spent most of my adult life looking for Australian Katie.
maybe we could start a new Camino-walking round the back-packing hostels of Edinburgh seeking enlightenment and Australian Katie.
hope everyone finds what they are looking for.
Ian

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
annakappa said:
I wonder if anyone on the Forum has the e-mail address of Katie, a vivacious Australian who runs a Backpackers Hostel in Edinburgh. She arrived in Santiago round about 24th October. She nearly always wore a red 'backpackers' T-shirt when walking and a long turquoise skirt in the afternoons. Anne

I also met Australian Katie. I don't have her email address but I will try to contact someone who might have . I also am from Australia so remember Katie.
Sandra.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back