• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Book

Lynnem

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014)
My husband and I are planning to walk the Le Puy Camino next year.
I have heard that the Michelin Guide book …..Le chemin de Compostelle - Zoom Map 161
Is really good.
I am having so much trouble trying to find one online for sale and in English.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Lynne

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Lynne - the Michelin guides are great - 160 for the Camino de Santiago and 161 from Le Puy to St. Jean -
It is only printed in French but the map key is in a number of languages, including English - and you don't need a language for the actual maps!
You can buy it on amazon.co.uk. as well as at Stanfords - http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Chemin-d...elin-Pocket-Road-Atlas-Zoom-161_9782067174016
and Abe books - https://www.abebooks.co.uk/9782067174016/chemin-Compostelle-Zoom-Map-161-2067174010/plp and 2ndhand copies sometimes turn up on Ebay - but don't pay more than £8 for one.

But if you get stuck let me know as I have a copy you can borrow/have!

Many thanks David for the info. I have found one on Stanfords website.
Many thanks for the offer to borrow or have your copy. Very generous of you.
Regards,
Lynne

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My husband and I are planning to walk the Le Puy Camino next year.
I have heard that the Michelin Guide book …..Le chemin de Compostelle - Zoom Map 161
Is really good.
I am having so much trouble trying to find one online for sale and in English.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Lynne
We started from Le Puy and got to Santiago just over a week ago. We used the Michelin map for the French section. it’s good for overview. But not very accurate on distance and very limited in terms of accommodation. For the latter Miam Miam Dodo electronic version is much better - even if you don’t read French. There is a special app for accommodation called My Camino Bed, which we found very useful for St Jean onwards. Buen Camino.

I used the Michelin guide 4 years ago and I found it barely useful. I think the previous person’s review was 100% correct. Very little information. I can’t be sure about distances as I don’t remember. Information about Gites, etc. was very weak. There were also days that I would leave a town in the morning thinking I was going through 3 or 4 or more towns along the way but they turned out to be just a few houses with no services. There were a few days that I only had minimal food, if any all day. The guide gices no information about that. Overall I found the guide to be about a 3 out of 10 in terms of usefulness. I have heard from others the French guide is very user friendly and with a good translator you should be able to use it pretty well. Michelin for me a big big thumbs down 👎

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Some of the distances are definitely inaccurate. The only good point of the guide as far as we were concerned, were the height profiles, but you can get those from various website anyway.

MMDD is good for accommodation. As is gronze.com.

I only used the Lightfoot guidebook in English for the Le Puy route and downloaded the Navigator app, gps locations for the areas we were walking. I "only" got lost twice ☺, but Navigator brought me right back to where I needed to be!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.