• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for company to travel to Sarria

Blanca

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria-Santiago (2018)
Hello, tomorrow I arrive in Santiago de Compostela en plan to travel to Sarria where I start de Camino next monday. Is there anybody traveling tomorrow to Santiago? I wonder if we can take a taxi together to Sarria. It´s cheaper. Thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello, tomorrow I arrive in Santiago de Compostela en plan to travel to Sarria where I start de Camino next monday. Is there anybody traveling tomorrow to Santiago? I wonder if we can take a taxi together to Sarria. It´s cheaper. Thanks.
Why get a taxi? there are plenty of buses that go there check out rome2rio website they show you all the options and definately much cheaper than a taxi

Why get a taxi? there are plenty of buses that go there check out rome2rio website they show you all the options and definately much cheaper than a taxi
and also you will probably meet some peregrinos on the bus too

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The Empresa Freire bus to Lugo stops directly outside Santiago airport terminal. If you choose to visit Santiago first, then you can get the same bus from Santiago main bus station. The bus to Lugo takes about two hours and cost about 10 euro. You must then go inside Lugo bus terminal and go to the Monbus desk and buy the ticket to Sarria which costs about €4. Unfortunately, you cannot buy a combined ticket to Sarria so you need to buy the ticket for the journey to Lugo as you board the bus at Santiago airport and then the separate ticket for Sarria in Lugo bus station. For further details, contact La Empresa Freire (www.empresafreire.com) and Monbus (www.monbus.es/en). The total journey time is over 3 hours. Taxis cost about 130 euro and take about 90 minutes. It is worth shopping around to see if you can get a discount. The following is a list of taxi companies:
I think taxiperegrino may have a daily shared taxi service.

Last edited:
Thank you all. The thing is I arrive in Santiago at 12.45 and have no time to take de bus which goes directly from Santiago to Sarria. Pitty!!! That´s why I was looking for some travelers to share a taxi. Anyway, I wil see it tomorrow. The other options I´ve considered too. Wish I have a "buen camino".

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you all. The thing is I arrive in Santiago at 12.45 and have no time to take de bus which goes directly from Santiago to Sarria. Pitty!!! That´s why I was looking for some travelers to share a taxi. Anyway, I wil see it tomorrow. The other options I´ve considered too. Wish I have a "buen camino".
https://www.monbus.es/es#seleccion

Monbus from santiago de compostela bus station 2hrs 45 minutes to Sarria bus station 12 euros 35 cents (using edit button) ah that sucks when the connections are not good ... relax for a day if you can and then take the monobus or have you got a really tight schedule...

Last edited:
Sarria to S de C , particularly at W/ends is even more over crowded.
Least interesting section of the Frances - start at Lugo couple of days on the Primitivo, before joining the Frances - at least you’ll get a flavour of a real Camino.

Doing the camino again or the last 100 again and on to finiserra and muxia as i am pushed for time .... can you get a compestala starting from lugo as I get in late and might only make it to lugo via bus from santiago airport ... the reason I ask is I have read about signage been changed etc and lugo been deemed less than 100 km from santiago . Thanks in advance for any info ...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back