• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for company to walk the el Norte in May/June

David1991

Time of past OR future Camino
First part of Del Norte, Portugues from Porto, later Lisbon
Hi,

My name is David and I'm 24. I'm looking for company to walk the el Norte in May/June. I'm starting in Irun.
Is there anyone out there who's planning on doing the same thing and is also looking for some company?

David

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
david .start your walk say hi if you pass a person smile easy.:)

Hola and welcome to the forum

Have a look at the forum calendar and sign in yourself, to see if you can pre arrange a group. It is at the top of the screen.
Else, you are certain to meet people on route to walk with and share your experiences.
Do remember a pair of swimming shorts as the ocean will be very tempting during your walk :)

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi,

My name is David and I'm 24. I'm looking for company to walk the el Norte in May/June. I'm starting in Irun.
Is there anyone out there who's planning on doing the same thing and is also looking for some company?

David

David:

You will quickly find walking company along the Norte. Most likely in the Albergue in Irun.

Enjoy the walk and the beautiful coastal towns and Ocean views of Northern Spain.

Ultreya,
Joe

Hi,

David
Hey David! For sure you will find friends along the way....the way provides you always with what you need...you will see! I will walk the north way but I will start in Bilbao on the 19/6 so I think you will be ahead of me!
Buen Camino!!!!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey all! Thank's for the advise and nice reactions. I've been to the northern coast of Spain a couple of times now, so know it's beautiful over there. I actually started by bicycling the del Norte from Paris but my bike got stolen half way.., so I had to go back home. Luckily I'am a stubborn guy and still have got all my stuff, except the bike off course, so now I'm going on by foot. I might be even better this way since I won't have to look out for my bike anymore :p
I'm taking all of you're advice, putting a starting date on the calendar, taking my swimming shorts with me and will probably just start walking.
To Angeliki Louk: I don't think we're going to meet each other, even tough I'm planning on doing it with a relaxed state of mind ;) But who knows!

One more thing, what would you do? Going with a tent in the backpack, or rely on albergue's?

Hey all! Thank's for the advise and nice reactions. I've been to the northern coast of Spain a couple of times now, so know it's beautiful over there. I actually started by bicycling the del Norte from Paris but my bike got stolen half way.., so I had to go back home. Luckily I'am a stubborn guy and still have got all my stuff, except the bike off course, so now I'm going on by foot. I might be even better this way since I won't have to look out for my bike anymore :p
I'm taking all of you're advice, putting a starting date on the calendar, taking my swimming shorts with me and will probably just start walking.
To Angeliki Louk: I don't think we're going to meet each other, even tough I'm planning on doing it with a relaxed state of mind ;) But who knows!

One more thing, what would you do? Going with a tent in the backpack, or rely on albergue's?

There is plenty of accommodation on the Norte. The most I paid was Hotel Marino (30 euro) in El Rellayo with a full breakfast. I just liked the setting and decided to stay after stopping for an afternoon break. Everything else was between donotivo and 20 euro. I would not take a tent because that equates to additional weight, imo. That said, some folks enjoy sleeping out.

Ultreya,
Joe

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Albergues it is than!! What a wonderful forum with wonderful people. Everyone is so easy and clear when giving answers.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back