• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for "Guinea Pigs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy F.

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2013, CF from Lourdes 2015, CP Porto 2022
I'm looking for about 10 pilgrims who would like to help me do some market research.

I make handkerchiefs that I think are great for long walks. Light, absorbent, washable, etc. Sweat, spit, snot, these babies can handle it all!!

I would like to send 10 volunteers each a handkerchief that they can use (and keep!) for about a month. Then, they can send me feedback on how they fared. I will pay for the postage. I'm in the U.S. but will pay international postage.

Please be either walking or in serious training so the handkerchiefs can get a good workout. Sadly, I haven't been able to get back on the CF in a few years (Covid) but planning again for Fall 2022. Thanks in advance and Buen Camino!

Admins, if this posting should go somewhere else, apologies and feel free to move it wherever.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, My wife and I are training to walk the CF in late April/May. I carry a handkerchief...always. I was trying to introduce her to them as I think they are invaluable while hiking for all the reasons you cite. If you want her to try one... she is game.

Sign me up Kathy. I’m walking in a few weeks and again later in the year. I always, for practical use and as an affectation, carry a large red spotted handkerchief, usually from ‘the enormous handkerchief company’. I also have a large nose.

I’m in the UK.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm interested! With non-allergic rhinitis, as soon as I start hiking, I have to constantly clear my nose, so having a handkerchief is an essential part of my backpack:) I'd be glad to try it out on my camino next month and see how it fares!

I'd love to give them a try to see if I should mix up my gear! I'm in Canada so it would be a cold weather trial until April.

I'm looking for about 10 pilgrims who would like to help me do some market research.

I make handkerchiefs that I think are great for long walks. Light, absorbent, washable, etc. Sweat, spit, snot, these babies can handle it all!!

I would like to send 10 volunteers each a handkerchief that they can use (and keep!) for about a month. Then, they can send me feedback on how they fared. I will pay for the postage. I'm in the U.S. but will pay international postage.

Please be either walking or in serious training so the handkerchiefs can get a good workout. Sadly, I haven't been able to get back on the CF in a few years (Covid) but planning again for Fall 2022. Thanks in advance and Buen Camino!

Admins, if this posting should go somewhere else, apologies and feel free to move it wherever.
I'm walking the Camino Inglés in the first week of April. I'd be happy to road test it for you!

Also, I'll pay for the postage to the UK.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

As a predominately spring/summer hayfever-suffering walker, I'd like to 'trail test' it too. I'm an Aussie. 🤗
👣 🌏

Thanks, everyone, for the generous feedback!! I'm happy and excited. PM me, or I'll PM you, with your mailing address.

Besides how they wear and tear on the trail, I'll ask for your feedback on things like size, color, and decoration. Don't worry, I'll get those questions to you.

I will let you know when I put your handkerchief in the mail so you can be on the lookout. Sincere thanks, again, and Buen Camino!!

I'm doing the Frances next month and enjoy being a test subject, if you're still looking.

Hello! My running partner and I will be walking the Camino in May and would love to try them out! We can also test during our runs!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It would seem that you now have plenty of Guinea pigs. However, if you are in need of one more, I would be happy to provide you with feedback. My husband and I are keen walkers so it would get regular use.

Hi Kathy, my partner and I start our first Camino starting 19th April from SJPP, love to take part 👍

If you are still looking for anyone, I am going on the Camino for exactly one month starting in April. I find a handkerchief so important! I always take a couple.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

I begin my walk on April 19 from Roncesvalles. I was going to pick up a kerchief to replace t.p. along the Way so I would be happy to give one a try.

Last edited:
Happy to give them a try. Hope to walk the Norte from Irun then picking up the Primitivo via Oviedo to Santiago.

I’ll give it a try. I will be walking the Via de la Plata this spring, Seville to Astorga and then, Viana to Burgos on the Camino Frances. Two months and about 500 miles in all, covering a great deal of the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you are willing for one more volunteer, my husband and I are walking the Camino Portuguese from the end of April. He is a handkerchief user (the traditional white ones) and I borrow one of his when I walk. Send me a message with details.

My friend and I are walking the last 100 miles from O Cebreiro starting April 28. We would like to be guinea pigs for you. I usually get hit with allergies at the beginning of spring so I'm hoping this will help.

Thanks, everyone, for the generous feedback!! I'm happy and excited. PM me, or I'll PM you, with your mailing address.

Besides how they wear and tear on the trail, I'll ask for your feedback on things like size, color, and decoration. Don't worry, I'll get those questions to you.

I will let you know when I put your handkerchief in the mail so you can be on the lookout. Sincere thanks, again, and Buen Camino!!
Hi Kathy, not sure how to PM you from this site but would definitely be interested in being one of your guinea pigs, my friend and I are walking the last 100 miles from O Cebreiro starting April 28.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

I would love to try you product! I live in Seattle and am training for a Sept 3 Camino del Norte. You can dm me if you like.

Kathy,
I’m leaving next Thursday, March 17 (PM), for Madrid and walking Burgos to Ponferrada over two +/- weeks.
If you still need testers and the date is feasible, I’ll be glad to take one.
Best,
Bob

happy to help, am training for a September camino, live in the US. Cathy

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I hope to walk the Norte (next summer) from Irun then deviate to the Primitivo via Oviedo to Santiago. Happy to help. Anne

Hi! I an walking April 10th- leaving aptil 7th from NYC! Interested!

Hi Kathy, I would love to test drive one of your hankies; we will start the Chemin de Saint-Jacques from Le Puy-en-Velay on May 28. Mark

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Kathy, sounds like you have more than 10 people who are interested; however if you are still looking I would be interested. I am in training now and leave for the Norte in Mid-April. Good luck with your market research and pray that all goes as planned.

I would be more than willing. Will start at SJPP May 8 for 2 months. I have considerable rhinitis and actually bought several mens hankies for the trip.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

I live in FL and would be willing to help. Can you PM me on FB Messenger so I can provide address? John Tanner

Ill be yr guinea pig!

€149,-
It seems that there are many willing "guinea pigs." Anyone else who wants to contact @Kathy F. can send her a private message by clicking on her name and choosing "start a conversation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back