• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Heidi

Rosewalked

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm not sure where to post this.
Just wanted to check and see if anyone has seen my mom, Heidi. She flew to Paris on the 4th of April to start her Camino. She was supposed to buy a phone and contact us, but has not done so yet. If anyone has seen her, please email me at bhavani.walker@gmail.com, and ask her to please check in!!! Thank you and god bless.

Attachments

• IMG_2739.JPG
    IMG_2739.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 178
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
She most likely has not yet made it to Pamplona which is the first realistic opportunity to purchase a phone. The weather has been severe so it’s possible it will take her a few more days than usual. Hang in there. She’s most likely fine and trudging her way to Pamplona.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sorry. Forgot to say There is no good place to purchase a phone in St Jean in France. Most people wait until Pamplona.
First, let me say I can only imagine the heightened level of anxiety you are experiencing. Please let us know when you find your mom. Remember more than 400 people have already read your message. It is about 5:30 here in Spain. Many who are walking near where you mom is will be winding down about now and will in all likelihood read your message.
If you haven't already, suggest you consider Whatsapp (for the both of you) and a sim card for your mom. I don't remember it being popular in the USA but here in Spain, it is almost universal. With this combination, you two can message any time and from almost anywhere she might be in Spain. And she will not need internet to call you. And if you have Whatsapp I feel certain someone would allow her to use their phone to call you. It would cost just pennies for her to call you in the USA from Spain.
Remember when she is on the Camino there will be people ready and eager to help her. And yes I live in Madrid and so if there is something I can do from here let me know. John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have whatsapp. Ahead of the game! :) Thanks for the reply John. I'm probably overreacting, but hey. What can ya do.
I don't think you're overreacting at all. If it were MY mom and 9 days had gone by with the conditions we are experiencing and her promise to stay in touch, I would be asking about her well-being, too. I think you are being responsible. As a mom, I appreciate your concern. I'm sure you'll hear something soon, unless she's stuck in a hotel somewhere snowbound as some others have been. Rest easy, she will turn up <3

I'm sure she is fine and like the others I look forward to hearing this confirmed by you. There could be a number of factors as suggested already, but perhaps also a contributing factor could be she has 'got into' her Camino very early and with sleep, walk, food, drink and good company she is already away from the real world and its responsibilities and enjoying herself. It's amazing how quickly you can live the simple Camino lifestyle and overlook what's expected by others at home.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I do hope all is well.As others have said not so easy to buy a phone also not easy to authorize/unlock it with credit card info from another country.I had difficulty with UK cards with a phone purchased whilst in the US; operators thought I may have just stolen it and was unlocking it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I think that this thread is a good reminder to be considerate of your loved ones at home while you are on the Camino. I know that many people want to unplug while they walk, but it can cause a lot of anxiety for our families if we don't have a method for letting them know that we are okay, especially during times of extreme weather conditions.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wonderful (but not surprising) news, @Rosewalked.
I think that this thread is a good reminder to be considerate of your loved ones at home while you are on the Camino. I know that many people want to unplug while they walk, but it can cause a lot of anxiety for our families if we don't have a method for letting them know that we are okay, especially during times of extreme weather conditions.
I'm an unplugged type and tell people I will be unplugged. So there is no expectation, and if they hear from me it's more likely to be bad news. It's another way to be considerate that works very well to relieve the pressure to stay in touch at all times.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
To some extent I am the unplugged type too but the older I get the more I have concerns about those who have concerns about my wanderlust. This will be my 8th year of walking and for the first time I have left an envelope for my son labelled "Just In Case" for that just in case event.

I am imagining that you will be sleeping much better tonight. If your mom finds the right person to help her will installing a sim card it should take about 3 minutes and 20 euros. A friend of mine from the USA has recently been visiting me here in Spain and that is all it took. Just make sure she does not lose the original card. I am smiling at the thought of the relief you must be experiencing with this news about your mom. It seems that you came to the right place with your concerns about your mom. This forum and those pilgrims who walk the Camino "rock". think about it; where else can you approach a group of total strangers and within 48 hours get a picture of your mom who is walking on a trail that is 850 kilometers and the trail is located on another continent. Buen Camino.

To some extent I am the unplugged type too but the older I get the more I have concerns about those who have concerns about my wanderlust. This will be my 8th year of walking and for the first time I have left an envelope for my son labelled "Just In Case" for that just in case event.
I'm nearly 64, and even though I expect twenty to forty more years, I keep telling myself I should prepare an information packet on how to clean up after me. (e-mail accounts, websites, people to notify, etc.) But being a pilgrim and/or hospitalero is more fun, so I continue to procrastinate.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I'm nearly 64, and even though I expect twenty to forty more years, I keep telling myself I should prepare an information packet on how to clean up after me. (e-mail accounts, websites, people to notify, etc.) But being a pilgrim and/or hospitalero is more fun, so I continue to procrastinate.

Yeah, I waited until I was 72, so don't worry about it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am imagining that you will be sleeping much better tonight. If your mom finds the right person to help her will installing a sim card it should take about 3 minutes and 20 euros. A friend of mine from the USA has recently been visiting me here in Spain and that is all it took. Just make sure she does not lose the original card. I am smiling at the thought of the relief you must be experiencing with this news about your mom. It seems that you came to the right place with your concerns about your mom. This forum and those pilgrims who walk the Camino "rock". think about it; where else can you approach a group of total strangers and within 48 hours get a picture of your mom who is walking on a trail that is 850 kilometers and the trail is located on another continent. Buen Camino.
So cool!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I had a couple of days away with my sis and as exec of my will, she just checked in to say “just recapping, where exactly is your will?” We laughed knowing what a pain it would be to turn my house upside down looking for it when a simple enquiry does the job! So reassuring to be prepared “just in case”. And I’m so pleased Heidi is enjoying her Camino

I don't know if I would want to play that kind of game with my family. "Just Saying."

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don't know the answer to that, but she seems to think all this fuss is rather humorous.
I start to fret when my husband is half an hour late. I start planning how to get rid of his books and tools, and what kind of dog I'll get. When he gets home I am always glad and relieved! I can't really help it; I've been doing this for over 30 years.

But in the old days before cell phones, my mom would go away for a week or two, and we just trusted that she'd return on schedule. And she did.

What happened to this thread? I see my post, and others too that were originally in the missing pilgrim thread.
I'm not sure where to post this.
Just wanted to check and see if anyone has seen my mom, Heidi. She flew to Paris on the 4th of April to start her Camino. She was supposed to buy a phone and contact us, but has not done so yet. If anyone has seen her, please email me at bhavani.walker@gmail.com, and ask her to please check in!!! Thank you and god bless.
She most likely has not yet made it to Pamplona which is the first realistic opportunity to purchase a phone. The weather has been severe so it’s possible it will take her a few more days than usual. Hang in there. She’s most likely fine and trudging her way to Pamplona.
Please let us know that your mum is safe - my thoughts and prayers are with you and her!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back