A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Looking for information

Gnasr

Camino(s) past & future
Planning on walking the Camino in June 2021
Is there a phoenix group that meets to discuss the Camino De Santiago?

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)

Gnasr

Camino(s) past & future
I have contacted the Phoenix chapter twice. Heard nothing back

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I found out that the Phoenix chapter is not currently active.

There is a chapter in Tucson

and Flagstaff

Before my first Camino I typed the name of my hometown into the search box and found a forum member who was willing to meet with me and share her experiences. Since then, another forum member in my area contacted me through the forum. Together, we began the local American Pilgrims on the Camino group here in Southern Oregon.

Gnasr

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks. I will contact them to see if they know of anyone in the phoenix area willing to help.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I found out that the Phoenix chapter is not currently active.

There is a chapter in Tucson

and Flagstaff

Before my first Camino I typed the name of my hometown into the search box and found a forum member who was willing to meet with me and share her experiences. Since then, another forum member in my area contacted me through the forum. Together, we began the local American Pilgrims on the Camino group here in Southern Oregon.
Before my first camino I'd watched a couple of camino blogs and discovered one couple lived a 45 minute drive away, so I contacted them. We met up for coffee and as a newbie, I had lots of questions for them as I was not yet on this forum. Since then I've met up @peregrina2000 (Laurie), Joe Flavin and Tom A. There is an APOC chapter in the Chicago area, but I've not attended their gatherings as it's a bit too far away. I do plan a yearly "camino mini reunion" with three camino friends and enjoy doing that.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Before my first camino I'd watched a couple of camino blogs and discovered one couple lived a 45 minute drive away, so I contacted them. We met up for coffee and as a newbie, I had lots of questions for them as I was not yet on this forum. Since then I've met up @peregrina2000 (Laurie), Joe Flavin and Tom A. There is an APOC chapter in the Chicago area, but I've not attended their gatherings as it's a bit too far away. I do plan a yearly "camino mini reunion" with three camino friends and enjoy doing that.
Hey, Chris,
I wonder if it is worth another try to see if we can get a few more people for a non-Chicago APOC chapter. I know APOC will send emails to all their members in the area we are considering. Like you, the Chicago location is a bit too far away. Maybe you could organize a non-Chicago-APOC-northern-Illinois group, and I could go for the central and southern branch. I do love helping people on the forum, but in-person contacts are always so much more fun. @jpflavin1 and I once met in a Mexican restaurant, in Onarga or someplace like that. It was convenient for us two, but probably too far away for you.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hi Laurie,
Chicago is not only a bit too far away, but I also am not a fan of big city driving.
A good thought about an APOC chapter/s closer to our homes! 😉

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock