• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Julian Lord

Christopher Lord

Time of past OR future Camino
none
My brother, Julian Lord, has been walking the Camino and by my calculations should have reached Santiago now: but he has some health issues and also some practical problems (lost his phone, no money), and we are worried about him. If anyone has seen him, please write to me: christopher.lord@wanadoo.fr

Mi hermano, Julian Lord, ha estado caminando el Camino y por mis cálculos debería haber llegado a Santiago ahora : pero tiene algunos problemas de salud y también algunos problemas prácticos (perdió su teléfono, sin dinero...), y estamos preocupados por él. Si alguien lo ha visto, por favor escríbame: christopher.lord@wanadoo.fr

Mon frère, Julian Lord, a marché le Camino et d'après mes calculs devrait avoir atteint Santiago maintenant: mais il a quelques problèmes de santé et aussi des problèmes pratiques (perdu son téléphone, pas d'argent...), et nous sommes inquiets pour lui. Si quelqu'un l'a vu, s'il vous plaît écrivez-moi: christopher.lord@wanadoo.fr

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Julian was here in Moratinos for two days, Sept. 21 and 22. We are about two weeks from Santiago. We have not heard from him since he left.
Thanks Rebekah. What was his physical and mental state? Cheerful and optimistic I hope? Also he was having trouble with his knees before he left.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My brother, Julian Lord, has been walking the Camino and by my calculations should have reached Santiago now: but he has some health issues and also some practical problems (lost his phone, no money), and we are worried about him. If anyone has seen him, please write to me: christopher.lord@wanadoo.fr

Mi hermano, Julian Lord, ha estado caminando el Camino y por mis cálculos debería haber llegado a Santiago ahora : pero tiene algunos problemas de salud y también algunos problemas prácticos (perdió su teléfono, sin dinero...), y estamos preocupados por él. Si alguien lo ha visto, por favor escríbame: christopher.lord@wanadoo.fr

Mon frère, Julian Lord, a marché le Camino et d'après mes calculs devrait avoir atteint Santiago maintenant: mais il a quelques problèmes de santé et aussi des problèmes pratiques (perdu son téléphone, pas d'argent...), et nous sommes inquiets pour lui. Si quelqu'un l'a vu, s'il vous plaît écrivez-moi: christopher.lord@wanadoo.fr
We last met Julian at Foncebadón and then Cruz de Ferro and Manjarín Wed Oct 1st. We had first met way back at Viana parochial albergue on Sun Aug 31st and he seemed pleased to see us again. I thought his mood and general demeanour were much more upbeat than when we had met him earlier. He still had his sleeping mat and was prepared to sleep outdoors if needed. I think his knees were holding out OK! Let me know by private message if you'd like any more info.

Someone has kindly provided a recent photo of Julian on the Camino. Thank you all for being so helpful. I hope he is fine and this is all unnecessary, but anyway, you can't really miss him as he is very tall and also somewhat overweight and wears a floor-length black cape, supplemented with a wooden staff and an Indiana Jones hat. He also wears glasses.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Someone has kindly provided a recent photo of Julian on the Camino. Thank you all for being so helpful. I hope he is fine and this is all unnecessary, but anyway, you can't really miss him as he is very tall and also somewhat overweight and wears a floor-length black cape, supplemented with a wooden staff and an Indiana Jones hat. He also wears glasses.
The forum couldn't accept the photo - too big. Trying again:

Christopher - if you can, relax. The camino is full of friendly travellers who will look after your brother if the need arises ... and lend him their phone if he wants to phone home.
Try not to worry.
He is walking on God's path.
Please let us know when you finally make contact.
Blessings on you, and on all peregrinos ......

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for letting us all know, Christopher. We'll keep an eye out for him in Santiago. Many pilgrims this time of year are taking their time, going slowly (leisurely) on the trail. It was absolutely pouring rain in this region last week, too, which may have slowed him down. But hopefully you'll receive news of him soon! Take care.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I have some news. Apparently he has been travelling with another penniless pilgrim, and they have been making their way very slowly towards Santiago. So I suppose he is OK, although I still don't understand why he hasn't been in touch with anybody.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I still don't understand why he hasn't been in touch with anybody.
Time and obligations can change on the Camino. If either of those were points of stress in his life, he simply may have cast them aside to live in the moment. As long as he is safe, all is well.;) Penniless is very old school these days, so I congratulate him on accommodating that. I hope he finds charitable people along the way.

Couldn't have put it better falcon !
By the way, is that a new avatar you have of the moon with black spots showing? I note the moon is waxing !!;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Completely off-topic, but: Those spots have given amazing Northern Ligths here on Earth the past weeks, and continue to do so.
That is an amazing sight Alex, you say caused by those same Sun spots to be so spectacular.

That is an amazing sight Alex, you say caused by those same Sun spots to be so spectacular.
FYI: Well, the avatar shows huge magnetic storms inside the Sun. Those spots are actually larger than the planet Jupiter...(!) They throw out huge amounts of electrically charged particles. When they hit the Earth, they try to get earthed, like all electricity. They can only do that in areas close to the magnetic North and South poles, due to the nature of the magnetic field of the Earth. The Magnetic North Pole is on latitude 70 deg. north, which happens to be on the same latitude as my hometown. Hence, we have a lot of light shows each winter. And lots of tourists.

End of physics and geography lesson. ;)

Copyright: Same relative.

Attachments

• Even more Northern Light.jpg
    Even more Northern Light.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 16
  • More Northern Light.jpg
    More Northern Light.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

€149,-
@alexwalker amazing photos. One of my dreams is to see either the aurora borealis or the aurora australis.
For the lights, you have to come to me...;) The Aurora Australis is in the Antarctic, very rarely to be seen in Tasmania/NZ/Oz. We receive many Oz/NZ tourists each winter.
The coming week, I will be the captain on a boat, guiding tourists hunting the Lights. I'll give you a free ride w/fish dinner if you show up here in the Arctic ;)

http://havcruise.no/english/ Enjoy.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Nice off topic discussion(which I began sorry) whilst we await, any further news on Julian Lord, might I ask if there is any?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back