• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Lana services list

peregrina2000

Staff member
I have a four page document in Spanish that is just a listing of all services from Alicante to Burgos. It notes kms between towns, along with accommodations, food, fountains, ATMs. I cannot find the original anywhere, yet I am pretty sure I got it on the forum. I would really like to be able to make some clean copies to use for beginning my camino 2020 dreaming. It’s so much easier to use something like that and then annotate it as I go through all the wonderful (and many) threads from forum members, blogs, Kevin’s guide, etc.

I have attached a sample of what it looks like. Mine has too many scribbles and numbers to use for planning. Does this jog anyone’s memory? Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

Attachments

• EB84F0F4-895B-4CF1-A275-EE3CF82427EC.jpeg
    EB84F0F4-895B-4CF1-A275-EE3CF82427EC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My namesake,kevin,produced acomprehensive guide and list...hopefully he will read your post

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I made this list of facilities on the Lana. It doesn't include water fountains but all other services gleaned from various sources including the one linked above. The towns that are shaded were my intended stage ends.

The symbols 𝐀∕𝐇🛏 indicate Albergue/Hostal/Hotel
The attachment is a pdf document but I can also provide it in numbers or excel if anyone wishes.

Attachments

• Facilities on Ruta de la Lana 2019.pdf
    310.8 KB · Views: 248
I also made this spreadsheet of accommodation on the Lana which might be of use to others. Again, let me know if you want it in a different format for editing...

Attachments

• La Lana stages:accommodation.pdf
    405.7 KB · Views: 221
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I also made this spreadsheet of accommodation on the Lana which might be of use to others. Again, let me know if you want it in a different format for editing...

Thank you very much!! Lots of useful info!!!

Hi Magwood,

These are two great documents that will be really useful when I am on the Lana from Valencia in three weeks time. I will be following the Requena to MoS and then up to Burgos. I leave Valencia on the 22nd August and hope to reach Santiago around the 4th October!

Many thanks.

Thank you for this. Brilliant!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I made this list of facilities on the Lana. It doesn't include water fountains but all other services gleaned from various sources including the one linked above. The towns that are shaded were my intended stage ends.

The symbols 𝐀∕𝐇🛏 indicate Albergue/Hostal/Hotel
The attachment is a pdf document but I can also provide it in numbers or excel if anyone wishes.
I don't mean to sound greedy or ungrateful, Maggie, but I think there is a page or two missing, your list stops soon after Trillo. :)

I don't mean to sound greedy or ungrateful, Maggie, but I think there is a page or two missing, your list stops soon after Trillo. :)

It’s all there when I look at it Laurie. I will try emailing it to you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Laurie, I think I told you this before but should you have any questions do contact Luis Cañas Salvador (Asoc. del Camino de Santiago de Cuenca) who is responsible for the pilgrim albergue in Cuenca. He is a librarian at the university library next door to the albergue and is a Camino aficionado and avid walker. He just walked the Lana again and can give you names of other's responsible for other albergues along the route and the most current update.
You might want to watch him talking about the Lana at a recent conference: https://caminosantiagocaudete.blogspot.com/2015/07/reportaje-televisivo-sobre-la.html.

These guys might also help you:
asociacioncaminosantiagocaudete@hotmail.com

This is gold, the ideal planning summary. Thanks Laurie.
Hi Laurie - one thing to be aware of. When I did De la Lana a couple of years back there were several instances where there were bar/cafes listed BUT nowhere was it stated that some of these dont open until evening. Not much use if you want breakfast. It's not much of an exaggeration to claim that some villages had hardly any people except at weekends ! It's advisable to have a walking partner and would be a major advantage to have a Spanish speaker. Some wonderful scenery so worth putting up with some testing stages !

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Laurie - one thing to be aware of. When I did De la Lana a couple of years back there were several instances where there were bar/cafes listed BUT nowhere was it stated that some of these dont open until evening. Not much use if you want breakfast. It's not much of an exaggeration to claim that some villages had hardly any people except at weekends ! It's advisae to have a walking partner and would be a major advantage to have a Spanish speaker. Some wonderful scenery so worth putting up with some testing stages !

Thanks for the heads up. It is precisely for this reason that I carry my very own immersible electric coil.
I know it would be totally excess baggage on any of the main caminos, but I have been walking more remote caminos, and I am not going to enjoy myself if I have to walk 25 kms before I can get a cup of coffee. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. It is precisely for this reason that I carry my very own immersible electric coil.
I know it would be totally excess baggage on any of the main caminos, but I have been walking more remote caminos, and I am not going to enjoy myself if I have to walk 25 kms before I can get a cup of coffee. ;)

I unfortunately went 7 or 8 days where there was nowhere to get coffee before close to midday. You may also have to wait in a couple of smaller towns 'til 9 am opening as there aren't enough pilgrims to justify (in their minds) opening bars before then !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Interested in all this as I had never heard of the Lana. What's is like to walk? Great downloads.
Lainey, look at some of the pinned threads. bad Pilgrim, Undermanager, and Magwood all walked this year. LT also went as far as Cuenca. Maggie had to stop before Burgos but her magwood.me blog is up to her usual standards.

Interested in all this as I had never heard of the Lana. What's is like to walk? Great downloads.
Superb scenery ! Splendid isolation. Saw deer 8 mornings in a row. Some long mornings with no breakfast. Some great local volunteers only too eager to help. Went from Alicante to Burgos. Nearly had the route to myself. Well marked, though El Cid markers almost totally replace de la Lana ones for the last few days stretch into Burgos. Soria is surreal - almost devoid of people. Not always enjoyable but made highlights seem even better. Cuenca is lovely. Not for the faint-hearted !

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wow, can't wait to hear about it. Think it will be year after next (2021) before I look at it as a possible route. How many days are you planning to walk?
Elaine

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I just went back to the web page and saw this. http://www.decuencaasantiago.es/.cm4all/iproc.php/Guia Camino de la Lana Vicente Hernandez.pdf?cdp=a

Can anyone tell me what happens if your phone can read those squiggly boxes?
Laurie, I just tried the web page you linked to. First, you put a QR reader app on your phone. There are lots of free ones in the App Store. Then the app asks you if it can access your camera. If you say yes, you can hold up your phone to any one of the squares and get information from it. Your phone "sees" the square through the camera and opens a new page. (Just be prepared to close all the pages that are ads or upgrades using the X in the top right corner.) The Monteagudo de las Salinas square, for example, brings up a page with the camino stage displayed on a topo map, a route guide km-by-km in Spanish (turn left at...), a list of albergues for that stage, and useful info such as "no ATM's in this village." It's all free.

Last edited:
If you have a Samsung with BixbyVision, a QR (quick response) Code reader is already installed. I just googled it and lesrned something. Very handy, since a lot of interpretive signs on the camino have QR Codes embedded in them.

I just went back to the web page and saw this. http://www.decuencaasantiago.es/.cm4all/iproc.php/Guia Camino de la Lana Vicente Hernandez.pdf?cdp=a

Can anyone tell me what happens if your phone can read those squiggly boxes?

Two years ago I installed the box reader or whatever just so I could open those thingies for the Lana. Box reader is gone now, don't know why. But if I remember correctly, the boxes are the same stages as in the Lana guide from the Asociación de Alicante? So you might as well download the guide with all the stages. I think it's the same?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
And to take care about the QR Codes.
A friend just told me people paste fake ones on top of the real ones that then direct the you to a phishing site. I looked at a tech website it suggested checking for raised margins or obvious tampering, just as one would at an ATM.

I very much hope to walk the Lana next year, fingers crossed.

I'm sure you've checked it out, but there are three possible starts to the Lana, the one from Alicante that most people do, one from Villajoyosa (or Benidorm) joining at Villena or Almansa, and the Camino del Alba from Xàbia, which briefly overlaps with the Levante at la Font de la Figuera (birthplace of the hero of Madrid, Vicente Rojo Lluch) before joining the Lana at Almansa.

Of the three possibilities, I'd say my least favourite was the standard one vía Novelda, mostly flat and not very exciting. The other two both quickly get you up into beautiful sierra country with amazing views back down over the Mediterranean, the Alba on the lovely Serpís valley, and Villajoyosa up past Puig Campaña (in the pic).

_20181205_190803.JPG

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Looking for someone to share a taxi to Sarria from Santiago Airport on Sunday 28th April. Flight due to arrive at 4.15pm We are a party of 2 people

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back