• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Local Help in the Pre Planning

MiamiPhotog

Time of past OR future Camino
August-September 2023
I will be experiencing the Camino for the first time in person this year( I have traveled there many times by way of imagination and YouTube) I am a photographer and will be documenting my trip both with camera and internally. Can anyone recommend a service that can book my stays as well as move some luggage from location to location?

Thank you in advance

Armando

Attachments

• 5S7A1665 copy.jpg
    5S7A1665 copy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 902
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the forum!

You will find a number of threads on this topic if you click on the tag "travel-agencies/groups" that has been placed at the top of this thread under the title.

Good luck.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was going to use one called thenaturaladveture.com, but decided to book myself. They are based out of England and do self guided walking tours

Most people here on the forum don't use a company to book accommodation for them. Many pilgrims just show up in town and find an albergue to stay in, while others book a day or two ahead. If you have never walked a Camino before it's hard to know how far you are able or want to walk each day. You also have to take into consideration that you may need or want to take some rest days due to illness, injury, or just want to explore one area a little longer. For these reasons I think that it's generally best to be in control of where you stay, and not turn that over to a company.

As far as transferring your bag each day there are a number of companies that will do that for you, and it's easy to book with them directly too.

You should contact your local American Pilgrims on the Camino chapter to talk to someone locally who can help you with logistics, and of course continue reading here on the forum. I walked my first Camino in 2016 and I learned 99% of what I needed to know before starting from this forum.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As far as transferring your bag each day there are a number of companies that will do that for you, and it's easy to book with them directly too.
Be really careful in choosing. I've been reading too many posts lately about luggage not being dropped off someplace other than where it should go. It's bad losing extra clothes but catastrophic if its losing thousands of dollars in equipment.

If you use an iPhone consider getting some Apple Air Tags to be aware of where your equipment is. We have a thread on the topic.

Be really careful in choosing. I've been reading too many posts lately about luggage not being dropped off someplace other than where it should go. It's bad losing extra clothes but catastrophic if its losing thousands of dollars in equipment.
I would think that those bringing expensive equipment would be using it while they are walking, so they wouldn't be sending it ahead with pack transport. But a good reminder that valuables and hard to replace essentials like medications should always be with you.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been incredibly inspired by so many stories of loss, pain, diagnosis, or other stories that tug at my heart strings, but one pilgrim, since lost in the threads here, was an 83 year old man...
I started my training walks last fall in preparation for the camino frances this year. This included walking in the mall in bad winter weather (ugh!). My husband was undecided about joining me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back