• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Outdoor Stores in Galicia & Portugal?

Gwaihir

Time of past OR future Camino
2019: Nijmegen-Fisterra
2022: Trans-European Trail
Hey caminantes, qué tal.

It's been ages since I was really active here, but anyway I'm back on the Camino (sort of). To be honest my thing now is more traveling randomly and sometimes I walk bits and etapas of the Camino in between.

The Portugal sun and work I did for a project here has seriously tattered my clothes, and I need to visit some type of quality outdoorsy store. Ideally I want some clothes that last from a good brand (ex. Fjallraven), and not Decathlon. And I don't want to buy them online because I often have issues with the size. (Posted the post by mistake before I finished writing...)

Do any of you guys know this kind of store anywhere in Portugal, along the Camino Portugués, or anywhere in Santiago and/or all of Galicia? I know there must be some, but I'm just not sure where and internet has not been very helpful to me yet. On an unrelated note, I'm also interested to buy a second-hand trekking bike from anyone arriving in Santiago and looking to pass it on. So if this is the case for you, let me know..

Cheers guys and thanks for any tips you can think of...!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The only ones I know are Decathlon in Lisbon and Coimbra. I assume there must be a few in Porto as so many Pilgrims start from there. Sorry I can't help but good luck with your search.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There is a large Decathlon store in Porto. One in Santiago DC too.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The big Cortes Ingleses a few k. outside Santiago will.have a range of outdoor brands... I seem to remember Columbia and Jack Wolfskin... but that was a few years ago 🤔

Hey caminantes, qué tal.

It's been ages since I was really active here, but anyway I'm back on the Camino (sort of). To be honest my thing now is more traveling randomly and sometimes I walk bits and etapas of the Camino in between.

The Portugal sun and work I did for a project here has seriously tattered my clothes, and I need to visit some type of quality outdoorsy store. Ideally I want some clothes that last from a good brand (ex. Fjallraven), and not Decathlon. And I don't want to buy them online because I often have issues with the size. (Posted the post by mistake before I finished writing...)

Do any of you guys know this kind of store anywhere in Portugal, along the Camino Portugués, or anywhere in Santiago and/or all of Galicia? I know there must be some, but I'm just not sure where and internet has not been very helpful to me yet. On an unrelated note, I'm also interested to buy a second-hand trekking bike from anyone arriving in Santiago and looking to pass it on. So if this is the case for you, let me know..

Cheers guys and thanks for any tips you can think of...!

in Lisbon

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In Portomarin (Francés, 92ish km) there's a store to supply all those who left Sarria without something. It's not bad for a non-chain store. That is the tobacconist. There's a clothes shop too that does a good selection of walking stuff. For such a tiny town there's a good selection.

Yes, El Corte Inglés will have brand name gear. There’s one in Porto for sure, and one in Santiago. Also in Santiago is Piteira in old town.

Stay safe and enjoy your travels!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
🤔 What am I missing? I'm a gal too and thought it was just a friendly and generic 'Hey, guys...'

I'm also out of the loop about Piteira. I had no idea, and had gone out to Decathlon before. This is local, so much better - thanks!
"Guy" is American so I feel excluded too 🙄

🤔 What am I missing? I'm a gal too and thought it was just a friendly and generic 'Hey, guys...'

I'm also out of the loop about Piteira. I had no idea, and had gone out to Decathlon before. This is local, so much better - thanks!
I'm truly sorry if I offended. I sort of prefer inclusivity... How about "Hey, friends", or just "Hey, ..."

Piteira Sport -- Rúa das Orfas, 38 in Santiago just into the old town from Praza de Galicia. Recommended to me by someone at the Pilgrim House 🥰

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am sorry Camino Friends
Lol :p I didn't mean to offend anyone. For me"guys" just is a friendly way to refer to acquaintances that I like.

Awesome, also in Ourense there is a store called Entrepicos (at the Praza das Damas next to the cathedral). I'm going there now and will report back :p

I tried googling outdoor stores, at the comment about that, but it wasn't very helpful. I then tried "tiendas deportivas" which actually got me more result. Thanks for the help amigos!

So I went to entrepicos and it looks good, but I forgot the siesta. They close at 13 and open at 17. Now I'm stuck here waiting... Derp

Update: the store owner is awesome and let me in outside opening times. But the store is super-supertiny. Almost nothing there. Anti-mosquito spray, couple of trailrunning shoes, a shirt and a hat if you need one.

Moving on.

Last edited:
It's a bike shop, but you might get lucky:
Bicicletas Dacunha
Praza de Mariñamansa nº1
Ourense

Or:
TM SPORT
C/ san rosendo nº 4 bajo
Orense

There is also a Corte Ingles
Rua A Concordia, 13 BAJO, Ourense

For me"guys" just is a friendly way to refer to acquaintances that I like.
You are not alone. Me too; I use it all the time that inclusive way, as a female (she/hers) native English speaker. No offense taken!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It’s called Peregrinoteca and on the Camino when you enter Sarria. Just before the stairs up into the center. I passed it in April and looked real serious with good brands.
Yes, I've purchased things I needed there before. Reasonable prices and good brands from what I saw and they even have a sello for your pilgrim's passport. :)

One of the best places I have been to in last 20 years.

Galicia, Ourense Redonet is really good. Not the biggest shop, but all very good gear.

Long story short - I needed to get shoes for Camino dos Faros, as I finished Caminho Portugues quicker than expected- and the Sanabres was too hot (for me). I ended up with neon green/yellow trail runners - apart from Crocs they are the fugliest shoes I have ever owned😂

This was after trying about 4 pairs, fit perfect, with help from owner, no need to walk them in (Should be no need, only leather boots need walking in). Owner and staff is experienced, friendly and understanding of needs. My Spanish is poor at best, they have some English. Wish I had a shop like this locally😍

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.