• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

looking for people doing the Pilgrimage in October

acurd

wanting to know of people who are doing the pilgrimage around mid october from StJean
im early 20s female from new zealand living in england and not wanting to do this by myself mostly for security reasons but also looking for someone else so i dont get bored of my own companionship haha.
im not religious and see this more as an experience and test of my own determination and just an adventure aswell, im relatively inexperienced as far as treking for more then a couple of days so will be interesting to say the least but with alittle training i think ill manage

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It will test your determination, but I suggest that you plan for success. Avoid artificial goals that might give you the feeling of failure. It is most often described in this Forum as "walk your own Camino." You will meet forty like-minded pilgrims when you visit the Pilgrim Office in St. Jean Pied de Port, so do not work too hard finding an on-line walking partner. Plan to change walking partners. If you try to keep up with someone, and walk their pace and distance, it could lead to frustration and physical pain. You will be surprised how many times you meet folks later in the walk that you thought had dashed ahead. They may take rest days that you do not want to take, and vice versa. There are still 1,000 pilgrims a day reporting at the Santiago Pilgrim Office, so you will have plenty of walking companions from which to choose. Learn your physical limits early, then do not exceed them. After a couple of weeks, you will have improved your conditioning so that you can press yourself more.

Most of all, have fun. It has not been a contest of discomfort since hair shirts were abandoned in the Middle Ages.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi, I was thinking about going in october. I'm 35, female, raised catholic but don't consider myself religious, and am in pretty good shape. I would be interested in partnering up. My husband was a little worried about me going by myself. If our paces or personalities don't match up we could always seperate. Oh, I'm from NC in the states.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola all,

Im setting off on my second camino on the 28th October from St Jean, it may be a little late to meet up with you all but can offer what research Ive already done on an autumn camino.

For a start, anyone flying from the UK, Ryanair have a super sale on until monday.
Flights from London to Biaritz, France (the nearest airport to St Jean) are around £30.

Greg

Hi Acurd, i am going out from stanstead to biarritz on 13th oct will walk down from airport to train station at biarritz .then,10 mins ride to Bayonne.DOING A brisk walk from airport, ITS only 30 minutes, the last coach or if THE train is running from bayonne leaves at 18.11 to SJPDP, arrive 19.35. SIGN IN FOR PASSPORT at sjpdp,and find a bed. THEN NEXT MORNING,HOP OUT OF BED, 06.15 AND START OFF walking, at 07.00. SIMPLE, YES.THINK POSDITIVE. that's my plan. hope the weather is good for the napolean way, whatever. hope you enjoy your pilgrimage, kind regards. patrick from leicester uk.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I envy you all. Wish I was on the camino in october.
Peaco, when I arrived at Biarritz airport in 2007 there also was a bus service to Bayonne, quicker and perhaps cheaper than going into Biarritz. Have a buen camino all of you.
Randi

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back